dear blads

O.Man

heres my problemi got a nvidia 9300 GS, connected to a 40 inch lcd VIA DVI-I to HDMIi am running Vista SP1 32 biti have 2 problems1) there is a crackling noise coming from my TV speakers, even though i have 5.1 connected to the pc, even when i have disabled the high definition audio signal to the TV in sound properties, the crackling noise can be muted and unmuted using the TV remote THE only time this problem ^ goes away, is when i uninstall Nvidia drivers and its running on standard VGA drivers, then there is no crackling noise2) i can't install the nvidia drivers from the website, only from windows update and the driver CD that came with pc. When i go to install 32 bit drivers that come from nvidia, it says my version of windows isn't 32 bit. well it is because none of my hardware is 64bit, still i tried the 64 bit version drivers and suprise it told me my version of windows isn't 64 bit. right click on my computer, it says my os is 32bit.i rang tech support, guy said probs a faulty motherboard. pissed.

You're mobo needs swapping by the sounds of it. Long.Regards speakers.. Your DVI - HDMI cable is only carrying video signal anyway so its prob just static ur hearing.Just turn down the TV speakers and use the 5.1 system for sound no?I'm set up the same and that's what I do.
yeh i could mute the TV, still left with old drivers, and long for turning up the volume wen switching back to NTL. (mute mode has huge mute sign)i bought th pc today from tesco lol, medion Q6600, £499Brand MedionBundle Contains PC base unitCard Reader YesFeatures of Keyboard Wired with multimedia keysFeatures of Mouse WiredGraphics nVidia GeForce 9300GSHard Drive Size 1000GBHard Drive Type SATAMemory 3GBNumber of PCI Express Ports 2xNumber of USB Ports 6x USB 2.0Operating System Windows Vista?Home PremiumOptical Drive DVD RewriterOptical Drive Blu-ray Compatible YesProcessor Intel Core 2 QuadProcessor Bus 1066MHzProcessor Cache 8MBProcessor Model Number Q6600Processor Speed 2.4GHzProduct Depth 41 cmProduct Height 37 cmProduct Width 18 cmSoftware Load MS Works 9.0 incl MS Office H S edition trial 60 days/Home Cinema 2007BD Suite/Bero Burning ROM and Recode 2SETV Tuner YesWireless Built in No

You're mobo needs swapping by the sounds of it. Long.Regards speakers.. Your DVI - HDMI cable is only carrying video signal anyway so its prob just static ur hearing.Just turn down the TV speakers and use the 5.1 system for sound no?I'm set up the same and that's what I do.
yeh i could mute the TV, still left with old drivers, and long for turning up the volume wen switching back to NTL. (mute mode has huge mute sign)i bought th pc today from tesco lol, medion Q6600, £499Brand MedionBundle Contains PC base unitCard Reader YesFeatures of Keyboard Wired with multimedia keysFeatures of Mouse WiredGraphics nVidia GeForce 9300GSHard Drive Size 1000GBHard Drive Type SATAMemory 3GBNumber of PCI Express Ports 2xNumber of USB Ports 6x USB 2.0Operating System Windows Vista?Home PremiumOptical Drive DVD RewriterOptical Drive Blu-ray Compatible YesProcessor Intel Core 2 QuadProcessor Bus 1066MHzProcessor Cache 8MBProcessor Model Number Q6600Processor Speed 2.4GHzProduct Depth 41 cmProduct Height 37 cmProduct Width 18 cmSoftware Load MS Works 9.0 incl MS Office H S edition trial 60 days/Home Cinema 2007BD Suite/Bero Burning ROM and Recode 2SETV Tuner YesWireless Built in No
Pissed at tryna get any support on something by Medion!Why not route all ur audio thru the surround, that's what I do.Xbox/PC/Sky HD/ PS3 - All via optical into glorious 7.1 surround sound.

Why not route all ur audio thru the surround, that's what I do.Xbox/PC/Sky HD/ PS3 - All via optical into glorious 7.1 surround sound.
you can probably answer my question. you using a toslink switch?
No my surround amp has four optical in's so it all plugs straight in.
damn you to hell :lol:sorted it now anyway