The Mobile Phone Thread

Mic Man

I have been thinking about this, ever since the 90's thread, because when i think back, Mobile Phones were a big part of my teenage years!I know they are a big part of teenagers lives now, but no way is the hype as big as they were when mobile phones first became "accessible" to urban youths (ie When Nokia 5110 came out)So this is a thread to draw for all your memories of mobile phone fads/ringtones/your favourite phone etc.Note: Please contribute to this thread if you remember......When T-Mobile was One2One...When O2 was BT Cellnet...Motorola Wings or "Baby Erikssons"...When the Phillips Diga was the cheapest Pay as you Go phone you could get (£70!!!)...Classic Ringtons such as Herdy Gerdy, The Entertainer, Mexican Hat Dance, or Auld Lang Sign...Completing Snake...Mobile phones BEFORE texting ever existed!...When changing your phones "face" was the sh*t!...When Voicemailing each other was the only option, as you had no credit!...Spreading the word about One2One network going, so texting/calls were free...When Infra Red was the only free way to transfer anything (But didn't work very well!)...When Phones didn't have a vibrate feature...People sending you text message poems (no one does that anymore?!)...Having holes in your jacket pockets cos your phone weighed 2kilos...When having full reception was rare!...When everyone used to read each other's text messages (Could never do that now tho!)lol, a bit of nostalgia. The ppl over 20 years old will know what im talking about.Who remembers the times before anyone owned a mobile phone??_____ >>>>> Phoning a girl's house and her mum/dad answers. Some of the grillings i got, man was shook. I remember when a girl rang my house, and my Grandma answered. My Grandma went on some military flex about "What do you want my Grandson for, leave him to do his studies, he is a good boy" Then she hung up. :(____ >>>> Being in an Under 18 club (Big up Budwals/Blue Orchid/Gass club/Atlantis/Ben & Jerrys/Fantasia/South links East) and trying to find a pen and paper for a girl to write down her number._____ >>>> Not being able to contact someone when you've planned to meet them somewhere, and they aint there :angry: My first Phone (and probably a few other ppl's), think i was 11 or 12 when i got it?nokia5110eq9.jpgw256.pngBad man phone. Had a Jamaica cover and flashing Aerial.Remember the first time i got a text message, was actually baffled as to how someone sent text?!! did they speak into the phone, and somehow got transferred into text?? lolI had to ring one2one to ask how to text back, and they had to activate texting on my phone.I also remember being on the bus with about 8 man, and all of us (Except 1 dude who couldnt afford a phone) were quiet because every man was playing Snake. I think my best was 1008 or something like that.- - - - - - - - -Bit of a long post, but its good to appreciate things that we now take for granted. I know everyone was bare excited when they got their 1st phone.Add your memories

hold tight my sheg bananna phone ting had me offline 4 six months and to think i swapped it with a 5126 nokia this iss when i was into phonesusing voicemails>>>>>>>>>>>>bare eatters jacking mans phone coz he had a flashing ariel and them madnessthe amount of phones that i sold was silly swear i had every single phone nokia made during 99-02

product-87325.jpgnk702.jpgMy first fones I was proud of...Bought with my own p's... Looked like 5110 but couldnt change the covers. First Nokia phone to come with a slim vibrating battery. The amount of people who tried to swap it with their wedge 5110 battery, thinking I wouldnt notice..I had the custom operator logo' hustle on lock at school. Used to shot them for 2.50.Then came midi ringtones... Nokia PC Suite ensured I got some sick school meals

product-87325.jpgnk702.jpgMy first fones I was proud of...Bought with my own p's... Looked like 5110 but couldnt change the covers. First Nokia phone to come with a slim vibrating battery. The amount of people who tried to swap it with their wedge 5110 battery, thinking I wouldnt notice..I had the custom operator logo' hustle on lock at school. Used to shot them for 2.50.Then came midi ringtones... Nokia PC Suite ensured I got some sick school meals
oh yeah, i remember the Custom Logo's. I had a the durex logo at one point lol.was all about Boltblue.com-- got them from there.Also, Ephren, that phone you posted had infra red innit, and could play 2 player snake if a next person had the same phone?also, 3210 was sh*t

2 player snake was nutsssssss... But u had to hold ur fones head to head, making sure u were in a comfortable position. One slip of the hand and you'd crash into the next guys snake trail or the game would freeze cos the infra-red link was cut..Boltblue was sick until they started running a credits system where u could only get 4 free logos a day... I used to charge people to send logos from that before I had the PC suite for myself..Nokia had the mobile phone game on lock for years...Industry standard

Who remembers being told if you clocked Snake on the Face off you could trade it in for a 3210 for free?Free Voicemails/Being able to just send your voice message to a mans inbox >>>Network going down and free calls >>>>>Flashing aerials so bright when you use your phone at night it blinds you

8310-1102.jpgthis remains my favourite fone of all timethe period when i had this phone>>>__it's the radio that did it for meallowed me to listen to all those sets
yh, that was my fave phone ever, was always listenin to the radio in schooluntil it died on me one day, still got it as well, last time i tried to turn on, it lighted up with a blank screen then went :(pic1-2.jpgWas my 1st fone i think, was nice and slick. plus the games on dis >> ___