ForAttentionOf dj's

manuel

Im currently using Serato & I flip it up with real vinyl too but....Would it be safe to say I need new decks if: Whenever I switch my mixer into phono mode to play real vinyl I always get some nasty distortion sound, Its not the needle btw recently got new ones. And my mixer and decks are grounded correctly etc. Anyone know what could be wrong? Also, Technics....What makes them so special? Looking to buy a pair. Thanks.

U set up Serato correctly?Could be getting feed from the connection to your PC.Try it with just your decks and not Serato connected.Sound goes away = Your connection somewhere is boog.If you still have it, connect the Decks directly to your amp and see if u still have it.If you dont, u need a new mixer.If you do it might be one of your decks.

Technics are special because they are the best and have been for decades.Trust the industry, trust the fact that every respectable club has a pair and every big dj uses them.They are ridiculously robust. I have had mine for 9 years and have no problems with them whatsoever.Technics are the best invention since sliced bread tbh.

technics are good because the platter is very tough, when u use ur finger to slow down/speed up the platter u can use a lot more force and therefore be more accurate, the pitch control is very quick as well. also when ur used to djing on cheaper decks and u move to 1210s you WILL clang, and as they're standard in clubs (that still have vinyl decks!) it's best to know them inside out.

technics are good because the platter is very tough, when u use ur finger to slow down/speed up the platter u can use a lot more force and therefore be more accurate, the pitch control is very quick as well. also when ur used to djing on cheaper decks and u move to 1210s you WILL clang, and as they're standard in clubs (that still have vinyl decks!) it's best to know them inside out.
Why? (I use sh*t decks)

Co/SignedThe high torque makes it much easier to hold mixes IF your used to them, otherwise your mixes will drift all over the place

Why? (I use sh*t decks)
Don't really know why, Mr. King said it tbh. I remember when i first went on them i would think i had a mix tight and then one of the tracks would drift out, so i'd adjust and then it would drift out again. But then i got used to them and now i can't dj on sh*t decks that well!

U set up Serato correctly?Yeah thats fineTry it with just your decks and not Serato connected.I'll try this nowSound goes away = Your connection somewhere is boog.If you still have it, connect the Decks directly to your amp and see if u still have it.If you dont, u need a new mixer.Mixer is pretty new (3 months'ish) Ill try it tho anyway safe
something is up too loud? have u plugged ur decks into the right sockets? does the sound happen when u switch to phono or when u actually play something?
The sound is happening when I switch it to phono, even when the needle aint down, Its fine tho when its switched to line for Serato. I think I need new decks anyway, Mixes always drifting out and my tempo pitch is always out by like +/- 4% according to Serato, so thats either my decks or Serato. thanks for the advice people.