Gallas comments + Stripped of armband *Merged*

HangTheDJ

Gallas is way out of order imo, the reason behind him saying saying these things are selfish. If you're the captain you've got to accept that when things aren't going well you're going to get some flak, this guy is airing private issues because he can't accept a lof of the blame being aimed at him.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right see I think some of the media have brainwashed you, and a lot of you are being swayed by our anti-Gallas hate... At first I nearly did then I broke down what he actually said, rather than have a newspaper do it for me...

When, as captain, some players come up to you and talk to you about a player...complaining about him... and then during the match you speak to this player and the player in question insults us, there comes a time where we can no longer comprehend how this can happen."
"There was a problem at half-time. The only thing that I could say at half-time was, 'Guys, we resolve these problems after the match, not at half-time.'
"We have to understand that to be champions, you have to play big matches every weekend and fight. We are coming up against teams who are not scared to play football against us, who are not scared to take us on at our place, and this is becoming dangerous for Arsenal. We are not brave enough in battle. I think we need to be soldiers. We have to be warriors. There are teams who can do it well against us, and we have to be able to face up to these attacks. That is how they [Arsenal's young players] will forge their character and how they will get experience"
"I have to win something this year. I have to win something, Arsenal has to win something. It's four or five years since Arsenal won anything - 2004 (the league title). That's nearly five years, and that's not good. For me the title is not over, it's true that we are nine points behind Chelsea, but you have to be optimistic and you can't give up."
and to be honest I co-sign him on every point. Bar the final one which should be, "WE" not "I"... The media and some of you will say yeah but he aint the person to say it and he is to blame for many of his own criticisms, but fact is he is captain and even when your captain plays bad or your manager makes bad decisions, you still expect them to lead, even if its not by shining example.

Gallas always talks out the side of his mouth all the time. If it was the first time I I'd be more inclined to believe the publicity stunt talk. The situation is dire at your club right now and I think this is just Gallas doing him.If I was an Arsenal fan I'd think this is bang out of order. This is family business. But I'm not, so this is great!

gallas been getting slewed in mediapeople saying hes been sh*t at fault for arsenals decline hes not food enought to captain etc.....everyone in media says thatman had to back his corner init and tell people whats really happeneing only thing tho is that theyve used it as more bullets in the ting to fire at him

I am trying to defend myself a bit without giving names. Otherwise I'm taking it all (the blame). I'm 31, the player is six years younger than me.
This is the part of it that I think's out of order.
See I dont. I actually think it was the smartest thing he could do...See van Persie gets away with a HELL of a lot cos he Robin... Gallas has very smartly but deviously now thrown light on him, van Persie now has to react in the right way and if Robin is being a problem round the club, yet you know the club cant afford to lose him, the fans love him, yet nobody can get in his head in the club, then what else option was there? He aint a yute no more, he's 26 & TBH to not have Robin thru injuries is one thing but to lose him cos of stupid red cards like Stoke, its a disgrace, and its bait van Persie openly never use to listen to Gallas "team-talks" infact he use to show his contempt at them.

Gallas always has & always will be selfish, thats just who he is. He so aint a Arsenal captain & I hope he looks at himself as critically as his outbursts on others & seeks improvement. Cos there are valid reasons why van Persie or however would have no respect for him. Fact is the way he puts across his outbursts are usually all wrong, but if you look at them in essence, sadly at times he's right.

*Remembers when Arsenal fans were hyping they got the better deal in the Gallas-Cole transfer*
was a funny day up there in the 5 all time great fails of arsenal fans on rwd/vip2

Former Gunner Nigel Winterburn insists Arsene Wenger will not sack William Gallas as Arsenal captain, despite the defender's public attack on his team.Gallas launched a stunning critique of his team-mates, revealing the mood in the camp has become fractious.But Winterburn, who made 440 appearances in 13 years at Arsenal, told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I know Arsene and he'll be very hurt by the comments."But sacking Gallas would undermine everything about Arsenal right now."It is not the first time Frenchman Gallas's position as skipper has been called into question this year.His petulant reaction to last season's draw with Birmingham drew heavy criticism and earlier this campaign, he was photographed with a cigarette in his mouth leaving a nightclub.His most recent comments have further angered Arsenal fans after he revealed he was forced to break up a fight in the dressing room during the Gunners' 4-4 draw with Tottenham while accusing an unnamed player of disrupting team morale.Many supporters have called for Gallas to be demoted as captain, but Winterburn said: "In my view he won't sack Gallas."Arsene has put his trust in Gallas to lead Arsenal forward - to suddenly turn round and sack him says I don't trust you as a player."And if you don't trust him as a player it also means he's not going to pick him. Is he going to do that? I don't think so."Bobby Barnes, assistant chief executive of the Professional Footballers' Association, said his organisation was not overly concerned by Gallas' comments."There are disputes at every club, every day, just like there are in other places of work," the former West Ham midfielder told BBC Sport."In a dressing room, there are always different personalities and dynamics."It's just unfortunate that this has come into the public domain. I visit Arsenal regularly and they have one of the most friendly and polite atmospheres of any club."The team spirit is good and it's a very well-run club."

He's right if maybe we knew the intricate dealings inside the squad, which we don't.van Persie is apparently hated by everyone but yet a lot of the players say he's one of their close friends within the squad.Gallas on the other hand, has a been sh*t captain from start to finish and says he doesn't have much in common with a lot of the other players.Clichy and Toure are much more suited to it.

beg toure is captani would mean he starts every game lmaobottom 6

He's right if maybe we knew the intricate dealings inside the squad, which we don't.van Persie is apparently hated by everyone but yet a lot of the players say he's one of their close friends within the squad.Gallas on the other hand, has a been sh*t captain from start to finish and says he doesn't have much in common with a lot of the other players.Clichy and Toure are much more suited to it.
Its bait van Persie is one of them guys that just says how he feels at the time and keeps it moving, despite how awkward it might make others feel.Gallas is older than all of them and came up differently, to a degree I think he is one of those older players that is jealous of how young players have it. I think Gallas feels they got everything they just need character, and probably in his weird own way he trying to teach them it cos lets be honest none of these know what it is is to play at a poor club or have to come up in anyway, he probbaly looks around at some of the sh*t that happens at Arsenal and thinks this is easy street.Clichy & Toure are more suited to being Arsenal captains, as they will be accepted, however Toure seems like your likeable African at work, nobody says a bad word about him, cant fault his work or effort, but its bait when training is out that nigga going to eat jolloff and not mixing with none of them.

Its bait van Persie is one of them guys that just says how he feels at the time and keeps it moving, despite how awkward it might make others feel.Gallas is older than all of them and came up differently, to a degree I think he is one of those older players that is jealous of how young players have it. I think Gallas feels they got everything they just need character, and probably in his weird own way he trying to teach them it cos lets be honest none of these know what it is is to play at a poor club or have to come up in anyway, he probbaly looks around at some of the sh*t that happens at Arsenal and thinks this is easy street.Clichy & Toure are more suited to being Arsenal captains, as they will be accepted, however Toure seems like your likeable African at work, nobody says a bad word about him, cant fault his work or effort, but its bait when training is out that nigga going to eat jolloff and not mixing with none of them.
:D More or less my thoughts on him.

Right see I think some of the media have brainwashed you, and a lot of you are being swayed by our anti-Gallas hate... At first I nearly did then I broke down what he actually said, rather than have a newspaper do it for me...
When, as captain, some players come up to you and talk to you about a player...complaining about him... and then during the match you speak to this player and the player in question insults us, there comes a time where we can no longer comprehend how this can happen."
Whether this is truth or not, do you reallllllly think this is an acceptable thing to say to the media??Come on now this is a joke, how can he be chucking indirects in the public domain.If you got problems, keep schtum init. He has either f*cked up, or is making weak excuses, wither way not acceptable.Dont try defend him

RVP is a c*nt though even the Feyenoord fans knew this when they sold himI want to know what he did and said to judge how bad it is before calling him a disruptive influence
Its not even that, its a simple as this - Gallas is there older, he there captain, when he offers advice or has a go at you, in footballing terms, your expected to listen/take it on board even if while he's saying it your thinking "your a big cry baby, you cant chat to man". You think any of them man could say anything remotely abusive to Wenger when he calling them from the sides.Thats the problem with Arsenal, you just getting the feeling that when it all gets on top in a moment, they crumble, there all too rash and there is no calming influence. And when man talk about next Arsenal captains they always name Toure, Clich, & Fabregas, who IMO are the chief culprits for being extremely rash.

Whether this is truth or not, do you reallllllly think this is an acceptable thing to say to the media??Come on now this is a joke, how can he be chucking indirects in the public domain.If you got problems, keep schtum init. He has either f*cked up, or is making weak excuses, wither way not acceptable.Dont try defend him
There is nothing wrong with that quote, the worst part of that quote is the bit Flojo I think throw up, where he effectively made it obvious it was van Persie by dropping the age, he knew what he was doing, it was sly, he was being a c*nt, and van Persie will be pissed, but at the same time it could prove to be a master stroke, cos like I said now peoiple wont see van Persie with there same tints. Gallas and van Persie may never be friends again, but if its the kick to make van Persie stating playing and helping Arsenal win something, Gallas nor I will care.