Revolver - Grimes Son

Avon Barksdale

Who else cant wait for thishttp://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=140560493Grimes Son PreviewBeen looking forward to a mixtape from him for timeThat tune he done over the scorcher beat >>>>>>''i dont wanna see you in a rave or a club, sameway you dont wanna see me wearing a dunlop glove''His PH.TV Freestyle

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• 3 months later...

steve o and p jam>>>>>

Should be good Edmonton producers go hard.
n9 grime producers? who lolapart from warlord
warlorddamien omengeneral tankp-jamwario (not really N9 but affilated green gang and all dat)
omen's in bin, tank is from 'stow, pjam and stevo aint n9 either, but yeh if we wna talk affiliations.aint they both llowed grime time ago anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

With Grime’s Son from Revolver nearly out, I had to catch up with the man himself to talk about his views on the scene a couple weeks before the release of his CD, widely tipped to be packed full of Grime bangers.There’s only a couple weeks until the release of Grime’s Son, what can your fans expect from the CD?The people can expect fifteen solid grime tracks nothing soft. If your looking for a cd full of grime bangers with a touch of a bit of the war scene then Grime’s Son is for you. Pure Cold Blooded music with a lot of big producers involved, 10/10 business.Ten out of ten, confident then! Which tune from Grime’s Son do you think the Grime Forum will be feeling most?I personally think Respirator, Controlling the War, Bully and Battle Scarz, stand out to me but I personally couldn’t pick one so I’ll leave it to them to decide, although I’m sure they’ll be feeling more then one tune on there.Whats your stance on the current wave of swagger rapping?My stance in the rap scene, hmm, I do not stand in the rap scene but I think I can rap. End of the day, my scene is not rap it is grime. You may hear me on a rap tune but that will be like 3 out of 100 tunes I make. If you do hear me on one it will still be gully and grimey and I’ll tell you one thing from now you will not hear me shouting swagger on it. It’s not long doing rap but at least if your going to do it come with your own style thats English and not American. There’s too many people getting lost in the grime scene who rap funky and other things which on a sly is killing the scene. I started off with grime and thats what I am going to stick with even if I do make different music in the future, a new genre will never get my full attention I’m sticking to my roots and what made Revolver, Revolver in the first place. How could I do one thing and get a strong fan based on what I was doing in the first place then all of a sudden switch that wouldn’t make sense. Thats my view on it.You’ve been involved in quite a lot of studio set’s recently. How big a part is the studio/radio set part of grime in your opinion?To tell you the truth I personally don’t have a problem with going on radio but as you know and a few other people do, I’m in a very inconvenient situation where I can’t go radio and that right now. I can say one thing though, studio sets are good because they are clear and the levels are right. I have only been involved in the studio ones because they been very convenient for me and plus getting Cold Blooded in the same place at the same time is not a walk in the park. I think that sets are important though, because it shows who is really good and who ain’t as well as who can deliver on the spot. Sets are good and I think the scene couldn’t live with out them.What’s the plan for yourself after the release of Grime’s Son?I’m not going to say too much on this one because of my situation right now but what I can say is the near future holds another CD, videos and Revolver TV which is something new that I know for a fact no-one has done before and that should all be this year.revolver1When can fans expect to get their hands on the CD?The fans can expect to have their hands on Grime’s Son with in the next two weeks. I’m sure I’ll make a thread on the forum on the day or give you a shout.Any shout outs to bring the interview to a close?Shouts go out to my Cold Blooded team and the O.T Crew and every one that supports me and my music and a big shout out to the haters. Zoooooooophttp://www.grimeforum.com/?p=109