Something i learnt today about tax.

Sunday Roast.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have worked more than 3 months in the same tax year and you have all your wage slips you can claim ALL you tax back for that year if your no longer working.
is this true?cos if it is then boy il be looking into it. Im redundant as of tomorrow so your saying i can claim back ALL he tax ive paid this year??

Based on an over 22 adult working 39 hours per week for a whole year you would make £11,260 on MINIMUM wage - hang tight the Blackberry calculator.Add to that any child/housing/tax credits/other benefits your not really makin it as a human if ur just scrapin £12k.When we were growin up yea £12k was a big look.. But this is 2008 and ur parent/guardian is minimum 30 yrs of age and more than capable of bettering their bank balance with some determination - the disabled/parents with young child/students not included as they do have limitations.Anyone that says otherwise is making excuses for their gene pool.

If you're over 25 earning less than 12k, you should give up at life.
Some d*ckhead statement tbh. When I hear people say THINGS LIKE THIS in real life I have to pull them up on it.Hold tight those people who know about hard times growing up.

Some d*ckhead statement tbh. When I hear people say THINGS LIKE THIS in real life I have to pull them up on it.Hold tight those people who know about hard times growing up.
thats exactly what i thought when i first read that statement

lol @ hard times growing up.Shut the f*ck up.You're just a failure.
I'm talking about those whose parents had to struggle and work extra hard to bring us up.You shut the f*ck up.
You're comparing the wage our parents would have earnt 20 odd years ago bringing us up, to an adult over 25 earning 12 grand TODAY?SEEN.

lol @ hard times growing up.Shut the f*ck up.You're just a failure.
I'm talking about those whose parents had to struggle and work extra hard to bring us up.You shut the f*ck up.
You're comparing the wage our parents would have earnt 20 odd years ago bringing us up, to an adult over 25 earning 12 grand TODAY?SEEN.
Look, the point he was making was if you're earning a low wage over 25 and you're a failure. We're not in the Bank of England son, we're not talking about inflation and all that other kinda talk. We're talking about a user who was blatantly being snobbish about people who haven't done well for any reason.Whether it's today or 15 years ago, we know what the intent was.

thats exactly what i thought when i first read that statement
Yeah, well it's funny how people within this quote have been the first to cuss me on me being over 25 and not earning.Double standards yet again.Anyways, I am not gonna argue about it on my birthday. It's good vibes today.

Lol.I think i was earnin 12K when i was working at sainsburys aged 17
If you have worked more than 3 months in the same tax year and you have all your wage slips you can claim ALL you tax back for that year if your no longer working.
is this true?cos if it is then boy il be looking into it. Im redundant as of tomorrow so your saying i can claim back ALL he tax ive paid this year??
Flippin hell....Are they still gonna pay your maternity leave?Also, happy birthday Ashman

lol @ sme of the replies
get me. I bet most of you lots mums and dads dont earn over that.Dont be a snob
PLEASE tell me ur jokin fam?Tax is a f*ckrey tho. Got my payslip today, it burnt like acid.
i feel itwhat burns even more is bonuses getting taxed toowtf sh*t pisses me off

Flippin hell....Are they still gonna pay your maternity leave?
hell yeh it couldnt have come at a better time i know actually dont have to rush back to work and can afford to take a couple years off, i got all my maternity paid in advance until march next year and i got a HUGE redundancy payout as i worked there 12 years AND im taking them to a tribunal and have been told to expect a large payout from that :)

lol @ sme of the replies
get me. I bet most of you lots mums and dads dont earn over that.Dont be a snob
PLEASE tell me ur jokin fam?Tax is a f*ckrey tho. Got my payslip today, it burnt like acid.
i feel itwhat burns even more is bonuses getting taxed toowtf sh*t pisses me off
i know the feeling <_<

Flippin hell....Are they still gonna pay your maternity leave?
hell yeh it couldnt have come at a better time i know actually dont have to rush back to work and can afford to take a couple years off, i got all my maternity paid in advance until march next year and i got a HUGE redundancy payout as i worked there 12 years AND im taking them to a tribunal and have been told to expect a large payout from that :)
lol milkin' the system*spud*

4REAL. And hold tight those people hu act like they had it hard growin up coz they had 2 pairs of nikes instead of 3 and free school dinners. Dumb f*cks

lol, you guys laughing at someone earning 'less than 12k' and is over 25 clearly dont know that i can earn less than 12k as a self employed person and over 25, make well over 40k/yr but "officially pay myself" 11.5k and get tax credits (but im sure its more than 12k..anyway for under 25), along with paying less tax, and make use of tax backs and small business incentives. if this doesnt apply to the person over 25 then..yeah he/she needs some serious retraining to get his game up.