A Bit Better

Do you believe in it? Or do you just see life as naturally balanced? Or do you think it's bullshit and everything's random? Or do you think it's bullshit and God makes the decisions?I heard about karma in it's purest form today. (Smaddy, you know the story but not the karma bit. Tell nobody.)In first year, a friend of mine (let's call him Steve) was out in a club and a guy moved to his girl. He told the guy to get lost, long story short, they end up fighting. This guy is with about 4 guys, my friend is with about 4 guys. Fight kicks off and the bouncers break it up and drag my friends out the fire doors telling them that they are in fact fighting with one of the most well-known crews in Birmingham. My friends start leaving and then realise that there's only 4 of them there and Steve is still inside.He was basically being chased around the club by 5 guys hitting him while he scrambles to get away. It's not really running, more of him stumbling all over the place and them battering him. Eventually the bouncers get him out but by then his face has been well and truly kicked in. He looks like Hitch when he had his allergic reaction.Other day my other friend (let's call him Jonathon) is talking to his BLONX mate who says he met Steve the other day. Said he couldn't remember where he'd seen him before. Turns out he was at the club that night. When he saw the guys beating him up he basically threw one of them out the way and pulled off another asking what the f*ck they were doing. But one of the guys he was with told him to allow it. WHY? Because Steve had been moving to the hench guy's friend's girlfriend and was telling her he was cheating on her.KARMA!

Guest Wu-Tang

I wouldnt say soStuff like that is just a coincidence (though you story is confusingly worded)You will have BAD things happen to you, whether you do bad things or not, if you commit atrocious acts yourself you merely increase the chances of people PURPOSELY screwing you over out of dislike or revenge.Life will f*ck you over at certain points, there is nothing you can do about this, only thing you can do, is choose whether or not to take the moral high road - and in doing so you may have a little comfort that you did not DESERVE to get screwed over..

Guest Wu-Tang

Karma is merely coincidence IMOI mean you can give the name Karma to what you see as poetic justice, but there is no actuall order of the way things happen to you based on your past acts, unless you are talking about the direct consequences of said acts, i.e. you beat your wife for years, one day she beats you to death with an IronMost of wht I hear described as Karma is simply Cause and Effect

Karma is merely coincidence IMOI mean you can give the name Karma to what you see as poetic justice, but there is no actuall order of the way things happen to you based on your past acts, unless you are talking about the direct consequences of said acts, i.e. you beat your wife for years, one day she beats you to death with an IronMost of wht I hear described as Karma is simply Cause and Effect
i c/scause and effect. You do something over and over and u get caught isnt karma imo.eg u sell drugs etc, and 1 day get caught.You are bound to get caught, only takes 1 snitch.

i c/scause and effect. You do something over and over and u get caught isnt karma imo.eg u sell drugs etc, and 1 day get caught.You are bound to get caught, only takes 1 snitch.
It doesn't have to be related to the act you commit or I'd be living in fear of a giant ant stamping on me ffs.

Guest Wu-Tang

True but than that is not what I meant anyway.....but the meaning of Karma is often (as in this thread) misunderstood, so when people talk about Karma they literally mean, you do something bad, you are fated to have the equal amount of negativity thrown back at you, but well, that isn't what Karma isThe literall meaning of Karma in many religious texts is simply cause and effect, but people take it to mean Poetic Justice, which is not what it is..The Movie C.R.A.S.H. is a good example of 'Karma', though exaggerated greatly for effect but you get the IdeaI just think when most people talk about Karma they think of some type of father christmas-esque 'Good' or 'bad' list that people will fall into based on their actions, but the very meaning of Karma is akin to the Butterfly effect, there is no set fate because of what you have done in the past but rather each action you make has a knock on effect that changes your present & future, obviously good actions will tend to have good outcomes but it is more on a spiritual level than anything else..But yea, Karma is just a word for 'cause and effect', I suppose Similar to Newtons Law Of Motion in a wayy..