Roadside G's Appreciation Thread

Taurus

Just read this on the news is this why RA, Den and all dem man are locked up?

A teenage model who was pressured by a gang into stashing a loaded gangster pistol in his family home during a murder investigation was jailed for three years today (fri).Clarence Melson, 19, who appears in the current issue of glossy style magazine '10', hurled the IZH-79 Russian Baikal out of his bedroom window as police knocked on the front door.Officers had gone to the flat at the Thorlands Estate, Peckham, southeast London, as part of an investigation into the killing of father-of two Davion Watt, 26, when they spotted the weapon being dumped.Mr Watt, of Bargery Road, Catford, was found shot in Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, on December 19 last year, and taken to Kings College Hospital where he was pronounced dead.Following examination the weapon was found not to be the one used in the murder.But it was linked to the shooting of a teenager at the nearby Flaxman Sports Centre, Carew Street, Camberwell, on March 1 last year.[b]Melson, a student at Kingston College in Surrey with no previous convictions, eight GCSEs and a supportive family, was ordered at knifepoint to hide the gun by Peckham gang the Roadside G's.[/b]But following a trial at Inner London Crown Court last month jurors found this was not enough for a defence of duress - he could have gone to police.The minimum jail term is five years, but Judge Austin Issard-Davies found 'exceptional circumstances'.Melson had wept at the verdict but nodded in relief when the sentence was announced.His mother was in tears in the public gallery which was packed with friends and relatives.Judge Issard-Davies said he had been targeted by hardened criminals because of his clean record, shortly after he moved down market to the estate.The judge said: 'You have been convicted of an offence for which, unless there are exceptional circumstances, I must pass a sentence of five years at least.'I remember well the trial.'There was no challenge made by the prosecution to the factual basis of the defence that you put forward.'Your family moved address to Viking House when you were 17.'That was a new and different neighbourhood for you and thereafter your reluctance to join the local gang, your part-time work as a male model, your comparatively clean criminal record, made you at once a target for their spite, an object for intimidation, and because of your lack of police record, a valuable person with which to place illegal objects, if they could induce you to accept them.'That group of persons were steeped in crime, and entirely habituated to violence who do not hesitate to use knives.'They placed you under continuous pressure to accept the custody of a gun.'That was pressure to which you succumbed eventually and with reluctance.'I accept all of that.'But the jury plainly and rightly concluded in my judgment that the time and opportunity to avoid that threat existed and you failed to do it.'You did not consult your parents, you did not take any other steps to dispose of it, you did not ask for police assistance.'You and everyone must me alive to the consequences, which are these.'That gun would have gone back into circulation and might very well have been used to threaten, to maim or kill, and you would have played your part in those actions.'I take the view that exceptional circumstances do exist which allow me not to pass the minimum sentence which parliament otherwise requires.'[b]The court heard Melson, who will serve his time in a young offender's institution, has been given his own room at Feltham to protect him because of the men he named in his trial.[/b]Jennifer Knight, prosecuting, said no-one could fail to have sympathy for a young man in Melson's position, but he missed several opportunities to get help.She added that there was a difference between peer pressure and duress.Ms Knight said: 'He describes members of the Roadside G's and he says he isn't one.'If he is not a member, he is someone who is associated with these people.'He spends time with them because he feels he has to.'He knows who they are, he knows the hierarchy.'He knows a huge amount about what's going on, who's house has been raided.'He is part of it all whether he wants to be or not.'You may well feel some degree of sympathy with him.But Miss Knight added: 'There really is a difference between being under pressure and acting under duress.'Duress is very, very grave.'It's when you feel that you're really going to be killed or harmed or that those close to you are going to be killed or harmed.'Melson claimed the gangsters had been pressurising him to stash the modified firearm for weeks.To try and avoid them he even went to stay with his grandmother before Christmas last year.But he claimed he finally agreed to hide it out of fear for his and his family's safety on January 13, this year.He said his parents and two little brothers were at home when he was accosted outside Viking House by up to 17 hoodies.One held a knife to his leg and ordered him to 'take the gun'.Asked by the prosecutor why he did not just say 'no' because his family was in, he replied: 'They wouldn't have cared.'I didn't think I could say anything to a guy with a gun in his hand and a knife.'I had no choice.'Instead he went inside, kept silent, and came back out with a towel to wrap around the weapon.He was assured someone would collect it the next day, but when he went to see them he was told they would come the day after.The prosecutor suggested if he was that terrified, he could have waited at home to have it taken away, but instead he went to college and to work.She said: 'You have been in a position so extreme, so desperate, that you have been forced to commit a serious criminal offence by hiding a gun in your house.'You have a chance to stop possessing it and you pass up that opportunity because you have a photo shoot.'Melson replied: 'It's my life and it's how I get money.'His regret for his involvement was clear when he added: 'They have messed up so much of my life.'My life is never going to be the same again.'The weapon was discovered on January 16 when police turned up to question him, because there had been alleged contact between his phone and a suspect in Mr Watt's murder.Melson, of Viking House, Thorlands Estate, Peckham, se London, denied possessing a firearm and possessing ammunition and was unanimously convicted..

dont believe what u read in the papers. also in regards to posts further up the page get used to this line up
tbh anyone could just go and read the law reports where there is no sensationalism of the facts

dont believe what u read in the papers. also in regards to posts further up the page get used to this line up
tbh anyone could just go and read the law reports where there is no sensationalism of the facts
exactly this aint from the papers but from courtnewsuk.co.ukgood site by the way

• 1 year later...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Vuo68BpkA"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Vuo68BpkA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Vuo68BpkA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> >>>>>>>>>>>> RSG'S

I'M ASHAMED OF THIS POST.

LOL.

LIKE PAC

I GOT BARE EYES ON ME

BUT I AINT GOING OUT LIKE A PRICK CAUSE MY FOUR'S GOT A KICK LIKE HENRY

I'M LIKE

NO LITTLE PRICK COULD BE ON ME

LIKE HONESTLY ONLY A CHICK COULD BE ON ME

IN 03 MAN WAS ON NUTTIN BUT ROBBERIES

MY DARG SAID HE WON'T SWITCH

THATS WHAT HE PROMISED ME

BUT HE SWITCHED SIDES LIKE VYBZ KARTEL AND IT BURNT AND IT BOTHERED ME