SMH @ Dizzee Rascal Now

Avon Barksdale

Played some clips of some dry tunes then locked off

What happened to 100% grime album

5 hours ago, FA23 said:

What happened to 100% grime album

“The idea of trying to be my 17-year-old self again just because everyone thinks grime’s landed in their lap this week didn’t satisfy me,” he says in a new statement. “I wanted to use what I’ve learned to make the best rap album I could, with no hands in the air moments, just using as much English slang as I could over the best beats I could find”.

The album features production from Salva, Valentino Khan, Cardo and more, including the MC himself. 

snore

1 hour ago, dub said:

“The idea of trying to be my 17-year-old self again just because everyone thinks grime’s landed in their lap this week didn’t satisfy me,” he says in a new statement. “I wanted to use what I’ve learned to make the best rap album I could, with no hands in the air moments, just using as much English slang as I could over the best beats I could find”.

The album features production from Salva, Valentino Khan, Cardo and more, including the MC himself. 

snore

So basically he's realised nobody wants to listen to the shit he's putting out while real street music is making waves

fuck him, did nothing for real uk music when he blew

• Upvote 9

Tbh I have never seen anyone shout out bangles as much as wiley

29 minutes ago, Funkyskanker said:

chatting shit youngsta said he put banglez on and couldnt even get a beat off him

tnf last good thing he put out was Crystal Meth

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Funkyskanker said:

chatting shit youngsta said he put banglez on and couldnt even get a beat off him

he did

bare of these underground producers from 2-3 years ago  and from even further back come through

ill blu
steel banglez
imp batch

who else

41 minutes ago, Kuffir said:

where did banglez say this

https://m.soundcloud.com/unlockpodcast/utp24-steel-banglez-unlockpodcast

• Upvote 1

2017 ain't no one want to hear no dizzee  fuck that nigger and his 2003 flow.  We are fucking with stormzy and nines. We don't want to hear some ungrateful squeeky voice nigger try and send for his music father wiley have some respect. 

Who even wants a dizzee feature in 2017. Just spreading some unwarranted hate.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Kuffir said:

bare of these underground producers from 2-3 years ago  and from even further back come through

ill blu
steel banglez
imp batch

who else

6 figure music, however the hell he writes his name

that guy that made Passionfruit for Drake

lol why is he hated , 

18 minutes ago, tino said:

lol why is he hated , 

Coz he totally disregarded grime , what it did for him and how important it was to establish him as dizzee rascal in exchange for really cheesy pop dance tracks. But now he wants to come back to cash in on the grime/UK "urban" music £ like he wants to do it. You can tell when the love is there and when it isn't. That BIDC show was a test run to see if people would still pay for that type of dizzee and they did.

• Upvote 4