Manchester United on the slide?

Chase

manu_108.jpgThings are not what they used to be at Old Trafford. Here are 10 reasons why the Theatre of Dreams is turning into the Theatre of Nightmares.Fergie gets booed off by the fans at Old Trafford; Fergie refuses to speak to the clubâââ‰â¢s own TV station, MUTV; Arsene Wenger has to defend Fergie in the press âââ‰â¬Å yes its tough times at Old Trafford and thatâââ‰â¢s without mentioning Malcolm Glazer.But where did it all go wrong?Abandoning 4-4-2 Why? This was the system that won Manchester United the classic treble of European Cup, Premiership and FA Cup in 1999. Now, under the guidance of Fergieâââ‰â¢s assistant Carlos Queiroz, he is employing a unique kind of 4-3-2-anyone-got-a-clue-what's-going-on?Juan SebastiÃÆán VerÃÆón He was supposed to be the signing that made Manchester United the most exhilarating team in Europe; instead he became a Ãâã28.1m white elephant. After two erratic seasons he was sold to Chelsea - at a Ãâã13m loss. Chelsea have now passed him on too.Diego ForlÃÆán ForlÃÆán, a Ãâã7.5m recruit, was apparently signed on the strength of a video and the word of Ferguson's brother Martin, who is apprently United's chief scout. It took him nine months to score his first goal. He then joined Villarreal for Ãâã2.5m and somehow turned into a Golden Boot winner, with 25 goals in La Liga last season.More money wasted In the summer of 2003 United signed David Bellion for Ãâã2m, Kleberson for Ãâã5.9m, Eric Djemba-Djemba for Ãâã3.5m and Tim Howard for Ãâã2.3m. Of those, Howard is the only one to remain, although he is stuck on the subs bench.Paul Scholes losing form Scholes must be the only player who has retired from international football at 29 to concentrate on club duties, and then got progressively worse. "He just needs a goal to get his season off," Ferguson said recently, but Scholes's poor run of form has stretched over 18 months, maybe two years.Selling David Beckham Since Beckham moved to Real Madrid United have created and converted far fewer chances. Ruud van Nistelrooy must miss those sumptuous right-wing deliveries.No consolation prizes The FA Cup may rank third in United's list of priorities but if they had won it last season it would have given Ferguson some respite from the fans' criticism. Instead, his players dominated for 120 minutes but lost on penalties to Patrick Vieira's last kick in English football. United's failing was simple âââ‰â¬Å they couldnâââ‰â¢t score in open play.Too clever for their own good United have confirmed they want Bayern's Michael Ballack to replace Roy Keane but have decided to wait until his contract expires next summer. The reason, as one official put it, was "to save Ãâã8m". That might appeal to Malcolm Glazer, but how United could do with Ballack now.Rio Ferdinand Ferdinand was meant to bring defensive stability to United. On the field he may have done so, but off it he has been appalling. The eight month ban for not taking a drugs test, the meetings with Chelseaâââ‰â¢s Peter Kenyon and the contract delays have all been unsettling factors.Selling Phil Neville Well, with four international full backs injured in the shape of Gary Neville, Gabrielle Heinze, Wes Brown and Quinton Fortune a fifth would have been useful.

Some interesting points Chase. I can't say I agree with you on all of them. But most of them are fair. I must say, Phil Neville had to go as everytime I watch players like him, Djimi Traore, Frank Sinclair etc I get so pissed off as to how on earth they made it to the premiership, let alone pro football.Also, although I am a man.u supporter, all good things do come to an end, and as long as we don't start a slump like liverpool have done for the best part of the last 20 years, I won't be too hurt.Also one thing dat pisses me off is dat we r meant to be the richest club in the world, but yet, we like mediocre players like Liam Miller .....By the way, wat team do u support Chase?

Abandoning 4-4-2 Why? This was the system that won Manchester United the classic treble of European Cup, Premiership and FA Cup in 1999. Now, under the guidance of Fergieâââ‰â¢s assistant Carlos Queiroz, he is employing a unique kind of 4-3-2-anyone-got-a-clue-what's-going-on?.
if you only play 10men wot can you expect :roll:

Abandoning 4-4-2 Why? This was the system that won Manchester United the classic treble of European Cup, Premiership and FA Cup in 1999. Now, under the guidance of Fergieâââ‰â¢s assistant Carlos Queiroz, he is employing a unique kind of 4-3-2-anyone-got-a-clue-what's-going-on?.
if you only play 10men wot can you expect :roll:
lmfao biggrin.gif:D