THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

Nah it's me and a couple guys from uni. Just wanted to get out of the country for a bit and the flights were cheap. Nou Camp was always on the list. We were trying to figure out if we could stay for the weekend to try to see a game but decided against it as it's supposed to be a cheap couple of days.And we're staying in a hostel. About hotel!
las ramblas is like there main streetlots of touristsbut if u want main bars/nightlife etc go here

there is 6 of us going now, we have recruited someone else to come with uswe did originally book for 5, but we said we booked for 6 and the travel company was at fault for not pickin up on that etc etcworks out even cheaper now cos we would of had to pay a charge for there only bein 2 of us in a room for 3.hope the weather is nice over there Around july time

Tokyo 27th December-4th January 3* hotel, Virgin Atlantic directNot far from downtown Tokyo£904 pp, might have to look into that try and get a mate to go for abit longer unless I can find a cheaper deal.Beijing just over £600 for the flight direct during the summer.Other than that mate wants to travel round Europe, as in rent a car and drive. Anyone ever done something like that? Verdict.....

Stat, can you keep me posted on whatever deals you find for Tokyo, inc. accomodation? That's more or less the dates me and 2 friends are looking for (well, probably early December), but I haven't got far with searching... I just need an idea of flights/prices available.Seems I'm the one booking everything for this year, so I need to make the effort of having everything sorted before the end of this month.

Anyone got any recommended hotels in new york?
What Budget?@ Anyone:Anyone been to Mauritius?
Not hostel level, quite decentish that isnt overly expensive. £600/700 for 7/8 nights. (is that reasonable) normally i stay with fam when i hit America so dont know about the hotel ish over there.
Sheraton Times SquareWe paid about £800 for 8 nights.Smack bang in Times Square, u walk out and you're literally there, just below Central Park as well.We rang em up directly for prices, was for a two double bed room only.

Stat, can you keep me posted on whatever deals you find for Tokyo, inc. accomodation? That's more or less the dates me and 2 friends are looking for (well, probably early December), but I haven't got far with searching... I just need an idea of flights/prices available.Seems I'm the one booking everything for this year, so I need to make the effort of having everything sorted before the end of this month.
Sure thing, as in if you find anything keep me posted.I'd rather add an extra few days on but depends on if friends can do then.Are you bothered which airline you go with? or if they're stop offs.

Sure thing, as in if you find anything keep me posted.I'd rather add an extra few days on but depends on if friends can do then.Are you bothered which airline you go with? or if they're stop offs.
StatU booking through someone or going directly with Virgin for Tokyo?

I found it on Expedia, they said Virgin Atlantic, but I will check the Virgin site incase they do any different. I'd rather fly with Virgin since I trust them more than most airlines.Finnair I think do good deals but they stop off in Helsinki.Edit* Have found flights to Tokyo from 27th December till early January for £632.20 which I think is really good! that's with Virgin Atlantic. Will search on some hotels something cheap but good and in a nice area.Break down:*Fare: £408*Taxes, fees, & Surcharges: £224.20Flights are from Heathrow.

Not hostel level, quite decentish that isnt overly expensive. £600/700 for 7/8 nights. (is that reasonable) normally i stay with fam when i hit America so dont know about the hotel ish over there.
Sheraton Times SquareWe paid about £800 for 8 nights.Smack bang in Times Square, u walk out and you're literally there, just below Central Park as well.We rang em up directly for prices, was for a two double bed room only.
Safe sounds good will check it out.

I found it on Expedia, they said Virgin Atlantic, but I will check the Virgin site incase they do any different. I'd rather fly with Virgin since I trust them more than most airlines.Finnair I think do good deals but they stop off in Helsinki.Edit* Have found flights to Tokyo from 27th December till early January for £632.20 which I think is really good! that's with Virgin Atlantic. Will search on some hotels something cheap but good and in a nice area.Break down:*Fare: £408*Taxes, fees, & Surcharges: £224.20Flights are from Heathrow.
Rah, that's quite good.Might be lookin' to check it out towards the end of the year.

Safe sounds good will check it out.
Cool, thing to remember though is when I went exchange rate was tough, its a bit of a shambles now.

Not bad!!I need to take note of this, thanks.& no, not particularly fussed with what airline. Going to get dates sorted this week so I will keep my eye on Virgin.

Landed back from Cuba yesterday morning. Slap back from Gatwick straight into work (via shower) was not the lick at all.Weather was a bit effed first few days, bare wind and clouds. Its a bit long cos I ONLY packed for hot weather so bare pics I'm wearin the same hoody and combats I wore on the plane.Come day three though it hotted up. Stayed in Varadero which is about two - three hours from Havana. Its like the main tourist beach resort from what I gathered. All inclusive got hurt - Got some funny looks when ordering cuba libre's at 10:30am just after breakfast. Just cool nah senor.Along with the buffet they had some a la carte restuarants - Best one was a Japanese place where they cook it all in front of you. Tepinyaki (sp?) - Chef was all throwin his implements about blindfolded was quite hype. I was twist and accidentally tyipped him 20 pesos. Pissed. Thats like a whole days wages for him.Did some drive your own speed boat tour like the one I told Eks about for Cancun. Was turning sharp and hard I kept stalling the engine on my boat. Some stupid guy in front wouldn't go full throttle so kept gettin in my way.Next day went on some catamaran cruise to an island called Coyo Blanco.. Sand was mad white and you could walk in the sea for about 200 metres, water was barely a foot deep.On the second from last day we did a tour to Havana and stayed overnight. City is f*cked. Mad ghetto but quite nice. Bare old cars from America. Took random pics of random heads - Dun know the man dem are gettin tagged in some of those on facebook.All in all good holiday. Havana is a bit ghetts, wouldnt go back but its def worth visiting to experience the culture. Would def go back for a relaxing beach holiday to Varadero though.

Who did you go with? What is your relationship with them and would your holiday been better if you went with someone you had a different relationship with?(Example -If you went with Mum, would your girl have been more suitable to this holiday)

Who did you go with? What is your relationship with them and would your holiday been better if you went with someone you had a different relationship with?(Example -If you went with Mum, would your girl have been more suitable to this holiday)
Went with wifey in training. Varadero is def a place to chill, I could have gone with my mum tbh cos we can jus jam like that and relax. Havana is more bustly, somewhere you could go with friends I'd say.

a question for those of u who have been napa or are goingmy friend was telling me that when they went to malia in 07 they signed up with some club 18-30 sh*t so that meant all the events were organized by the reps etc and they were saying i wonder if napa is gonna be the same, but they said they had to pay a little bit extra for when the reps organised the events etc ?is this the case in napa ? we land in napa at 8pm on the sunday, 45 min coach trip from airport i think it is

a question for those of u who have been napa or are goingmy friend was telling me that when they went to malia in 07 they signed up with some club 18-30 sh*t so that meant all the events were organized by the reps etc and they were saying i wonder if napa is gonna be the same, but they said they had to pay a little bit extra for when the reps organised the events etc ?is this the case in napa ? we land in napa at 8pm on the sunday, 45 min coach trip from airport i think it is
Just head to the Square and you'll get flyered to f*ck. Just decide where u wanna go and go. You don't need reps for nuttin in Napa its all very simple.Land, get fresh, go napa dreams or the one opposite, jam outside when they shut deciding where to rave, go to rave, draw/mash, sleep, wake up, go find a ped or quad to hire, go nissi beach, get charge/drawn on the beach, dinner, power nap... Start the cycle all over again.From personal experience I can advise remembering to take the key out ur ped when you park it up drunk - it WILL get stolen and it WILL get found a week later on its side outside River Reggae. Bossman WILL keep ur passposrt till you pay 1000 Euros to repair it.

Who you going with flight wise?Found a few bits here you can use and browse through, some might be articles but can Google them hotel names.http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/dec/04/tokyo.hotelshttp://article.japanican.com/en/articles/j...yen_buster.htmlhttp://tokyo-hotelguide.com/hotels/Japan/Tokyo/index.htmhttp://www.timeout.com/travel/tokyo/hotels.htmlhttp://www.crowneplaza.com/h/d/cp/925/en/h...questid=1818871I'm still sitting here waiting on friends to decide which is annoying. If I miss out I think I might break down :(Beijing again I am waiting and have to for another week, see if my friend can make it. £491 with Fly Emirates during mid August, stop off in Dubai, got down to that price thanks to using my Arsenal membership bits to get money off. It would be over £550 but BA doing direct for around £700+

Ooh, thanks (again). Some of those are located in just the right places so I'll have a read over the weekend. We are going to go with either BA or Virgin. When I see them in a few days final plans should hopefully be made. I must also remember to take advantage of my brother's Arsenal membership when I can :lol: