THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

its nice was gnna go last year but went morroco insteadbut heard nothing but good things about it

anyone been to mauritius b4? im going there next week for bout 6 days, its open. need some sungoing with BA, and staying at a place called anahita resort
Got a close friend from thereTells me it's a small quiet island that you could practically walk around the whole country in a day lolSounds like a sick place to relax.

payed off the majority for napa now, im lookin forward to it but in a way im not, cos 6 nights in a row of seein drunk people everywhere is gonna piss me off at some stage, i dont drink you see, call me boring but i can still enjoy myself without drinking but to actually experience 6 nights on a row of seein drunk people around you when u go out, well,its gonna probably gonna do my head in at some pointcan u hire out cars over there ? dont want no moped thing a majig, would rather drive a car.

payed off the majority for napa now, im lookin forward to it but in a way im not, cos 6 nights in a row of seein drunk people everywhere is gonna piss me off at some stage, i dont drink you see, call me boring but i can still enjoy myself without drinking but to actually experience 6 nights on a row of seein drunk people around you when u go out, well,its gonna probably gonna do my head in at some pointcan u hire out cars over there ? dont want no moped thing a majig, would rather drive a car.
Yh I ended up getting pissed off last couple days...didnt drink and everyone around me were acting foolish. You can hire a car...no point though if your stayin in Ayia Napa itself imo...your best to just take taxi's if u really dont want a moped...or get a quad.

Guest WAVESURFER
Got a chance to NYC for the first time ever for either 1 or 2 weeks.What's the best 1 or 2 weeks???P.s. Don't wanna get bored or anything, cause 2 weeks is a long time.
I'm booking soon to go in June/July, and I'm in the same boat as you.Think I'll probably end up going for 10 days.I don't think you'd get bored in NY if you went for two weeks though. As long as you take enough money, there's always gonna be stuff to do, I reckon. I've never been before, but that's how I imagine it.

Guest Logster

I always feel that 10 days is a nice amount of time to be out there for.Thats what I'm doing, a week feels too short, you've just got into the groove of the city then you have to leave!within 2 weeks i would be fully spent.

Booking Beijing in the morning just got the all clear and 2 thumbs up. Prices have increased which left her on the edge of having to sleep on it, Will be going from August 15th until August 29th (but land back here the 30th). Both looked into a lot of things to do. Now the price is £538.30 with a discount. It's a lot but as I've said this is a once in a life time holiday, all that is being paid for is a flight.Visa needs to be sorted out in July, that will cost a fair amount. Insurance also.Goodness one expensive break away and I couldn't give a f*ck I'm loving it!Airline: Fly Emirates - Fly from Gatwick -> Stop off in Dubai for a few hours -> Fly to BeijingBeijing here comes Mr Stat!Edit* All done and dusted, booked my flight seats, 2 window seats, couldn't get ones at the front (for leg room) which was rather annoying but no worries. Just glad it is finally sorted out, a dream is going to be complete.

Booking Beijing in the morning just got the all clear and 2 thumbs up. Prices have increased which left her on the edge of having to sleep on it, Will be going from August 15th until August 29th (but land back here the 30th). Both looked into a lot of things to do. Now the price is £538.30 with a discount. It's a lot but as I've said this is a once in a life time holiday, all that is being paid for is a flight.Visa needs to be sorted out in July, that will cost a fair amount. Insurance also.Goodness one expensive break away and I couldn't give a f*ck I'm loving it!Airline: Fly Emirates - Fly from Gatwick -> Stop off in Dubai for a few hours -> Fly to BeijingBeijing here comes Mr Stat!Edit* All done and dusted, booked my flight seats, 2 window seats, couldn't get ones at the front (for leg room) which was rather annoying but no worries. Just glad it is finally sorted out, a dream is going to be complete.
Sounds sickYou staying with family over there or hotel/s?

Sounds sickYou staying with family over there or hotel/s?
Staying at my uncle's apartment, seen pictures and I'm pretty blown away by it. Think I'll be based in Chaoyang, which is a pretty damn good district, lots of bars and clubs down the road so it helps for nights out. No doubt I'll travel around the whole city.Already looked at the subway map and that is ever improving, looking at the complete project for 2015 reminds me of a child being given crayons and drawing lines all over the place. Will be getting my Yikatong (similar to our Oyster card but you can pay on it for a taxi), some subway journeys can cost 20p!For anyone else going, just wait till you try and get a Visa! What a long process.

for the people going ny, where are u staying?me +5 chicks are going august and wanna get something affordable, since half of us are broke. i've been looking into getting an apartment in a nice area (upper east side).we're also going miami, but i've seen a decent hostel on ocean drive which will do i think

for the people going ny, where are u staying?me +5 chicks are going august and wanna get something affordable, since half of us are broke. i've been looking into getting an apartment in a nice area (upper east side).we're also going miami, but i've seen a decent hostel on ocean drive which will do i think
I have actually changed where i am staying last minute.Staying in a apartment in Brooklyn, Brooklyn is an area which i would recommend and has easy transport access to Lower East Side, Tribeca, Soho and all those obvious places you want to be shopping, eating, going out etc(Depending where you are in Brooklyn, you can get a cab for about $12/15 from Manhanttan. Staying in Lower East Side is exspensive enough, especially as your group is 5 so your going to have to get somewhere to accomodate you all.www.homeaway.comwww.vrbo.comwww.apartmentsi.comThey have some reasonable deals on LES and the East Village and other nice Manhattan based places but to be honest, all the gems have been snapped up.If you do look into Brooklyn, then be looking at places like Williamsburg, Greenpoint, Fort Greene.AVOID Bedstuy, Pratt Area, Bay Ridge, Mill Basin, Clinto Hill etc.With all these places though, do your research as sometimes they can be deceptive of how easy it is to access transport from where they are located.Good luck!

Aaayyy Tokyo booked.Austria next week.Can't wait.
I'm sure you have already said, but whereabouts are you going?
We're heading to St.Anton and Lech. Might get some snowboarding lessons whilst I'm out there!Have a good time @ the event anyway, met a couple of people at the warm-up party who are fired up for it.

Yh I ended up getting pissed off last couple days...didnt drink and everyone around me were acting foolish. You can hire a car...no point though if your stayin in Ayia Napa itself imo...your best to just take taxi's if u really dont want a moped...or get a quad.
we are staying like 500 metres from the main strip but i want to experience other places and areas for the day if there are any, dont just want to do the same thing everyday - sunbathe then hit the clubs at night, i get bored easily so i thought if we drived out somewhere for the day, be something different.glad i aint the only one who gets pissed off with drunk people being around you constantly.