THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

On 5/21/2016 at 7:07 PM, Mongy said:

Just seeing if you rate?

Seen a few cheap 3/4 night breaks out there recently. I got told its cheap when you are there too?

Lisbon is nice still. Just came back  a week ago from a 5day shoot.  only down side was the weather it was raining through out. But its very unusual for it to rain continuously over there. 

Its the most ethnically diverse place I been to in Europe thus far. They seem friendly and all. 

Places I recommend. 

Timeout Market - So many choices of food to eat in there. Freshly made 

Comombo Mall - Similar to westfield but bigger. Great choices of food as well at a good price. They have this meat buffet thing similar to rodizio. It only cost 8 Euro. Well worth it.  The mall is literally next to benfica stadium. If you get a chance to catch a game there i recommend it 

In terms of accommodation. I did an Airbnb booking. 2 bedroom Flat.Very spacious, Clean and tidy.  close to the airport and 20 mins drive to the town centre.  I hired a car too for the 5 days £50. Its really needed. They have a nice efficient metro system 

Club Scene - If you are into Afro house - Musicbox is the place to go. Club Luanda is a madness-  Kizomba & Kaduru music. The way girls jsut grab you and start slow wining. Its tradition. A couple winners in there STILL

Some random pics

f92dd76c_o.jpeg

Club luanda ^ part of the doc we was filming was on kaduro music & kizomba. So we pretty much had all access in the club

5d5c8308_o.jpeg

Time out market 

54a8342e_o.jpeg

I will raid my archive later. 

• Upvote 8

Where was the TimeOut market?

Didn't even clock.

You really rented a car? I guess if you're going to rave and not sure when the transport system shouts then it maybe a good shout.

Is easy to get a central hotel for cheap. The metro system is so cheap and goes to the airport, unless what I've stated above is the reason for travel, no point getting a car.

31 minutes ago, Da Luv Doc said:

Where was the TimeOut market?

Didn't even clock.

You really rented a car? I guess if you're going to rave and not sure when the transport system shouts then it maybe a good shout.

Is easy to get a central hotel for cheap. The metro system is so cheap and goes to the airport, unless what I've stated above is the reason for travel, no point getting a car.

Rented the car because of the filming gear we was carrying about.

But I did use the metro on two occasions and it was very convenient and cheap. I'll highly recommend it. 

the Trini place is called Merle's, was just down the road from where I used to live but never actually went, has good reviews though

so what was nice about Berlin just before I left was the outdoor places to get a drink:

• Yaam- which is the Caribbean/African complex has an artificial beach set up by the Spree (the main river that runs through the city),  they also serve Caribbean and African food
  • Klunkerkranich on a Tuesday has another jazz jam session that starts at 6pm and is on a garden rooftop bar. Though the Edelweiss jazz jam session (see the link at the bottom) is without a doubt way better, but garden rooftop is still nice
  • Holzmarkt Pampa is another nice outside bar on the Spree - its a short walk between there and Yaam so you could do both in an afternoon 

One thing I hadn't seen until just before I left was the Soviet War Memorial in Treptower Park - shit is majestic as fuck.

My previous Berlin recommendations

http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/52620-the-travel-thread/?do=findComment&comment=3318107

http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/52620-the-travel-thread/?do=findComment&comment=3323150 (for the jazz spot)

Thing about Edelweiss (the jazz bar) is that because its a jam session (ie people turn up to play if they feel) you can't really guarantee it will be amazing, like I went 1 week when my friend visited and it was good but not great (a lot of more experimental and maybe more chilled stuff), I went the very next week and it was one of the most fun nights ever. But 2/3 times being a great night is good odds I reckon.

• Upvote 1

Yo Posd Ban & Dub 

Went to that Trini joint last night.  

G2yKPy4.jpg

Roti was on point!

The woman that runs/owns the place is a joker. Them Auntiy's there that give you that motherly host when you visit. 

The rum punch was stong. Sent two of my friends tipsy. They went up to her and asked if she could tone it down because it was too strong. 

She poured two spoons of sugar inside and mixed it, then said ' better now?' :lol:

iI went to this live lounge called the swag yesterday. Decent live hiphop set. Rappers were dead though. 

I will give a fulll review when I am back. 

Berlin so far in one description. Shoreditch town with graffiti left right and centre. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Flat Eric said:

Talk to me about the broads

The broads aint saying much to be honest. 

The beckys look very basic and have that Emo Punk look or the shoreditchy hipster look

Seen a couple lighty's but they look different in a weird way. A conclusion that me and a few of my friends came to. Stone faced and all. I think thats just with everyone in germany. 

yeah Berlins full of 6s :lol: its not a place where people go all out on the way they look so the truly naturally beautiful women stand out, but the ones who might be used to going all out (on their appearance) on a night out won't feel at home, and there doesn't seem to be a proper appreciation of curvature 

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:24 PM, Simply D said:

Is Canada too far to go one up??

Wanna reach there for the F1 race, but theres no one I can fathom spending a week+ with that wont make me wanna kill them, so the only option is one up.

bearing in mind im a darkskin ethnic, not even a pretty one, so drawing chicks n having people socially drawn to me will be a myth

Fly out Wednesday....wish me luck!

Just in case I don't make it back...I love you guys

xx

• Downvote 4

Went to north Wales a few weekends ago. Stayed the night in Llandudno to watch a show and then drove around Anglesey the next day. Its easy to forget such beauty when it is on your doorstep.

Standing on a beach with crystal clear water in the blazing sun with the snow covered Snowdon in the background.

2 hours ago, dub said:

Didn't know you could get crystal clear water on UK beaches, or is it by a river (not the sea) ? 

Was the Irish sea. I was surprised at how clear/clean it was.

borthwen-anglesey-ba31555a.jpg

This beach was called Borth Wen on the island of Anglesey, just stumbled across it.

• Upvote 2