THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

On 20/10/2017 at 11:00 AM, FA23 said:

Rome was sick, trastevere is the spot for food and drink.

Them steps up to st peters <<<<

Vatican is nuts, the extravagance is fucked.

/

Barcelona next month, any recommendations?

I went Rome around this time last year, missed your post otherwise would of given you some tips. 

Trastevere is where I stayed too.

Food on the whole was so good. Went to one family run restaurant around the block from the air bnb for some lunch, some of the best pasta I've ever had. 

The orange tree gardens overlooking the whole city>>>>

On 10/16/2017 at 1:14 AM, local said:

Cambodia is dry at xmas

so is Philippines which is by far your best bet for beaches n not bait tourist spots

also xmas there obviously n real easy to speak English

one negative (possibly) is the lack of tourist infrastructure n the fact the country is a thousand islands makes gettin about harder than Thailand for example

Worth it tho

fly manilla, chill 1-2 nights, fly Cebu n bus to one of the many beach spots, island hop few days later, endless sick beaches

you won't be avoiding ladyboys at none of them 3 places tho

Settled for Phuket.

Gonna hit Phi Phi Island while I am out there.

Best Eats?

Are they drone friendly over there? Obviously not in Town

1 hour ago, local said:

It's a struggle to get out of town

its non stop humans n mopeds 

i found a few spots I bookmarked in my brain to never use later

where in Phuket are you

its a big place 

youll want a ped to do unbait shit

Staying at Dream Phuket Hotel & Spa

reviews is saying its a bit away from town though. But I don't mind travelling about though. I just wanna plan out things to do & see while I am out there. 

10 minutes ago, Afroman said:

Staying at Dream Phuket Hotel & Spa

reviews is saying its a bit away from town though. But I don't mind travelling about though. I just wanna plan out things to do & see while I am out there. 

What town tho

phuket town is shit apart from a swift walk through check out the old Portuguese buildings so it ain't talkin about that 

patong is the main tourist strip where Justin met the ladyboy gangs n a general cesspit

then there's other towns around the coast clinging to the less spoilt beaches

Oh wait you're stayin at dream beach yeee

you done well 

your missus should be happy anyway

woulda recommended that for a day time session atleast, all over priced and posey but gotta do it a little bit

Friday if you wanna see her stack it off a surf board on a wave pool then it's ladies night at surf house, if not then it's fun to watch other birds titties fall out

i ain't been to the patong surf house n would recommend avoiding patong unless you're letting loose, especially the beach

pat beach is ok for a day to watch parasail kids faceplate the sand bad N then get dragged lifeless into the sky n Russian cunts get scammed by the jet ski mafia

the other surfhouse is on an ok beach where you can stroll a nice market as the sun drops for a chilled one

see the Buddha at the top of the hill one day

ra wai beach is my fave for chillin n snorkeling n I know a sick abandoned mansion overlooking the coast near there if you wanted to drone that would be unique (I want that footage plz)

food wise I can't help much cos I'm either doin local places or bait tourist spots every time depending who I'm with 

there are little gems everywhere but Phuket has the worst Thai food in the country

check out 9th floor restaurant tho that was actually sick, overlooking the city

what drone you takin n how you move it about on the go?

batteries in the hand luggage remember

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, Mongy said:

Looking at booking 2018 holidays now.

Already got center parcs booked in June for a week with the in-laws (they are paying). All trips are with the mrs.

Looking at going for 9 days from Good Friday. Found a flight to Berlin for 3 nights, train/coach to Prague for 3 nights then another train/coach down to Budapest for 3 nights before flying home from there. With hotels, flights and trains, looking around £400 in total. Anybody recommend these places?

The alternative to that is to go to Lost & Found in Malta for a week at the beginning of May.

On August bank holiday we are looking at Granada for 3 nights.

Then in September we want to do something big for 2 weeks. We are torn between going somewhere like Sri Lanka or doing a L.A/Las Vegas/San Fran trip. Kinda wanna hear experiences of both if anyones been?

Probs go to Tenerife in Jan 2019 too.

Sorted now.

Bruges for 2 nights then railing to Disneyland at the start of December.

Good Friday over - to Berlin for 3 nights, then train to Prague for 3, then train to Budapest for 3 before flying back from there.

September - San Francisco for 4 nights, fly to LA for 6 nights with a car, fly to Vegas for 4 nights then home from there.

Going to look at Tenerife over Christmas next year and maybe a weekend break to Granada in Spain.

personally id just fly

done something similar in the summer... hungary, italy, czech, germany etc.. was looking at getting the train but flights were cheaper and saved so much time

I'm not quite sure you'd understand the nuances of the social factors at play here Justin

im not sure the 5 mile coastal strip of tom jones tribute acts, chlaymidia ridden scunthorpe single grandmas infested karaoke bars, no hope bottom shelf Spanish coke addicted bartenders, fake sportswear shops, alcoholic colonialism n depressed desperate club promoters clinging on to the weather until Ibiza season starts up n life becomes bareable again, I'm not sure you'd notice any of that aslong as you can discuss the differences between a Boeing 747 and the 749 with a group of rosey faced retirees over a sexy frog turn your poo blue cocktail and an overpriced bowl of paela 

Basically what I'm saying is Tenerife is shit

14 hours ago, local said:

I'm not quite sure you'd understand the nuances of the social factors at play here Justin

im not sure the 5 mile coastal strip of tom jones tribute acts, chlaymidia ridden scunthorpe single grandmas infested karaoke bars, no hope bottom shelf Spanish coke addicted bartenders, fake sportswear shops, alcoholic colonialism n depressed desperate club promoters clinging on to the weather until Ibiza season starts up n life becomes bareable again, I'm not sure you'd notice any of that aslong as you can discuss the differences between a Boeing 747 and the 749 with a group of rosey faced retirees over a sexy frog turn your poo blue cocktail and an overpriced bowl of paela 

Basically what I'm saying is Tenerife is shit

I hear ya, fuck that then. 

@Kuffir If it's not Ibiza, the big cities or some obscure area of spain, im not on going to that country.

On 25/10/2017 at 9:22 AM, local said:

Oh wait you're stayin at dream beach yeee

you done well 

your missus should be happy anyway

woulda recommended that for a day time session atleast, all over priced and posey but gotta do it a little bit

Friday if you wanna see her stack it off a surf board on a wave pool then it's ladies night at surf house, if not then it's fun to watch other birds titties fall out

i ain't been to the patong surf house n would recommend avoiding patong unless you're letting loose, especially the beach

pat beach is ok for a day to watch parasail kids faceplate the sand bad N then get dragged lifeless into the sky n Russian cunts get scammed by the jet ski mafia

the other surfhouse is on an ok beach where you can stroll a nice market as the sun drops for a chilled one

see the Buddha at the top of the hill one day

ra wai beach is my fave for chillin n snorkeling n I know a sick abandoned mansion overlooking the coast near there if you wanted to drone that would be unique (I want that footage plz)

food wise I can't help much cos I'm either doin local places or bait tourist spots every time depending who I'm with 

there are little gems everywhere but Phuket has the worst Thai food in the country

check out 9th floor restaurant tho that was actually sick, overlooking the city

what drone you takin n how you move it about on the go?

batteries in the hand luggage remember

LOL 

Yea I would pref one of those isolated type beach locations. 

Just picked up the dji spark. Its more compact than my old one. Batteries are small, so I dont expect to have any issues transporting.

Gonna check ra wai beach 

Looking to land in Milan end of the month for a couple of days, not telling no one I am going as I dont need a repeat of Amsterdam

Just planning out my trips 

Going to see the duomo 

I want to see the San siro and take a tour

Going shopping at galleria vittorio emanuele 

Also there is an black american man who has a chicken shop out there but everything is made with fresh italian ingredients  and it is another level so gonna check that out along with the other great dishes and food they have out there.

they have a club called Hollywoods and they have a hip hop night called bad bitches so I am there 100% Neymar was there last night apprently

Any suggestions appreciated and welcomed

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, hat and closeup

Image may contain: 3 people, people dancing and text

Love Milan 

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/11/2017 at 6:58 PM, The Somalian said:

Looking to land in Milan end of the month for a couple of days, not telling no one I am going as I dont need a repeat of Amsterdam

Just planning out my trips 

Going to see the duomo 

I want to see the San siro and take a tour

Going shopping at galleria vittorio emanuele 

Also there is an black american man who has a chicken shop out there but everything is made with fresh italian ingredients  and it is another level so gonna check that out along with the other great dishes and food they have out there.

they have a club called Hollywoods and they have a hip hop night called bad bitches so I am there 100% Neymar was there last night apprently

Any suggestions appreciated and welcomed

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, hat and closeup

Image may contain: 3 people, people dancing and text

my experience in Milan was good, but clubwise was shit... you say that Meymar was there last night but dont get gassed cos they will make you pay neymar type money to get into that club.

perhaps if you are alone you may have a different experience, but none of all 7 of us could get into the clubs around there. as a group.where lots of big clubs were. 

we had to split up and myself and another friend got in, whilst the rest 5 who got in to another club somehow were then discovered and thrown out so we had to leave an join them. 

The only option was for us to buy tables for £1200.  one of the doormen who was black said its a common thing to hustle black foreigners like that. 

anyone else experience this?

Yeah Milan was great the club was shit they was charging 10 euros for a sprite so I walked out as the club was empty I would recommend it. It was much more multicultural than I thought it would be and the people were very friendly nothing like Barcelona. 

The Duomo was amazing  

24131536_10155829296249356_7117629112065838986_n.jpg?oh=26a8df404a872be451873c06885f2f76&oe=5A944664