THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

not a club place

Yeah. Went south to north also but did it over a shorter period of time (think it was about 10-14 days)

I did the bait 'traveller' route based on where a friend of a friend suggested. Was decent, just too many british student types for my liking (I'd just come from south america). 

Hoi-An and Halong Bay were my favourite places. @local can probs give better info though?

15 hours ago, Anderson said:

Yeah. Went south to north also but did it over a shorter period of time (think it was about 10-14 days)

I did the bait 'traveller' route based on where a friend of a friend suggested. Was decent, just too many british student types for my liking (I'd just come from south america). 

Hoi-An and Halong Bay were my favourite places. @local can probs give better info though?

I’ve never popped over mate 

Always meant to but that planning the visa first lark always got in the way 

next year

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, Anderson said:

yeah the british lot is my one reservation. Hoping it isn't just that though.

Looking to do NY for a few days then fly down to New Orleans and then maybe somewhere after that next year

Anyone done anything similar? Any recommendations or better routes?

nah thats long like going from stockholm to lisbon

pick a coast/state and stick to it

On 08/12/2017 at 1:32 PM, Admin. said:

nah thats long like going from stockholm to lisbon

pick a coast/state and stick to it

Dunno what to do tbh, could do houston/texas, miami isnt that much shorter flight than NY, or might jump over to mexico for a week,

Need to make some decisions

When are you going ?

Its long for many reasons, flight might actually be short but its still a travel day.... US airports are not quick at all, so if your'e flying out of state id write it off as 8 hour minimum, plus if you are doing NY then Miami for example you need 2 completely different suitcases as its probably below 0 in NY and high 20s in Miami, which makes it all long again....

If you want sightseeing and shit stay in north east, if you want a beach and nice weather stay in florida.... if you want a bit of both just go LA or Bay Area

Havent done texas but was looking at doing that next something like fly to Austin, drive to San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and the Gulf Coast.... you could do something similar and drive in to either mexico or new orleans from there.

Would defo avoid doing 2 different climates tho 100%

Pos, didn’t really think about the climate shift. Good advice.

Was looking early Apr/May to fit NO Jazz Festival for some vibes then fit something else around it. 

Can do NY anytime really, was just thinking it’s a good hub for flights.

@FA23 only go New York just before a specific celebration, for instance, fathers day. The only reason to go there is to shop, yes there are nice skyscrapers but apart from saying you'e been there it is a meh. However, before fathers day, the clothing, electrical goods etc, will be cheap. Only reason I'd ever go back there tbh.

Went to Bruges (Brugge) and Disneyland at the start of the month.

Bruges is a nice place but very quiet. Sort of place you could only really go with the mrs. Everything opens at 10am and shuts at 6pm. The restaurants then open at 6pm til 10pm. 

Very picturesque place, it is surrounded by canals. Climbed the Belfry tower which is well worth doing just for the views. Go early though to avoid the crowds. Did the chocolate museum which was a bit shit. There is a beer museum too which we didn't get to. The basilica of Holy Blood is interesting. It is the sort of place you just potter about and have a beer every hour or so. Had a cracking meal at 'Ribs n Beer' which is all you can eat ribs for 19 euros. They don't hold back in bringing them out either, well worth a visit if you are in Bruges.

Got a train from Bruges to Brussels then a bullet train direct to Disneyland. Was about 30 euro each in total. So easy.

Went to Disney as a kid but couldn't remember much. The place is geared up to kids. There are only one or two rides which are good for adults really. Wouldn't go again.

Lads I’m going Barcelona on 28th with mrs can someone give me the lowdown 

China for a couple weeks for the Canton Fair in 2018.. will be a more of a business trip with a bit leisure, anyone been? 

Going Dubai next week for NY

Any recommendations?

Shades/Smokey beach for Shisha

premier night club for di hoes

• Like 1

Nice 

How long did you go for? @Afroman

2 hours ago, Restrictive said:

Nice 

How long did you go for? @Afroman

10 nights

Lagos is the new lick for slores.