THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

• 2 weeks later...

Who do you guys use for booking package holidays?

Thinking of taking a week break by myself to somewhere hot like Dominican Republic or Jamaica around November.  Just want time away by myself so I can relax.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:01 PM, Em Dott said:

Thinking of taking a week break by myself to somewhere hot like Dominican Republic or Jamaica around November.  Just want time away by myself so I can relax.

If you want all inclusive then First Choice. Virgin holidays is always a shout for further afield desitinations though. Everybody thinks they are expensive but I find them relatively cheap.

We got San Francisco for 4 nights, LA for 6 with car hire for the duration and Vegas for 4 nights with all internal flights, direct long haul flights and all hotels for £1400 each.

Taking the missus to Gdansk on Friday for 2 nights, paid like £70 each for flights and hotel. Anyone been?

Plan on visiting Westerplatte which is where the first shots of WW2 were fired and seeing the seaside town of Sopot. Looked at prices of ubers to get around and its seriously cheap. 30 minute cab ride is £4.

On 21/01/2018 at 10:01 PM, Em Dott said:

Been thinking about something like this by my ones.

Waiting for mandem to get there shit together and book something is painfully and i probably need me time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Drift said:

Off the strength of what I read in this thread couple of the mandem are now obsessed with Helsinki and want to reach.

What spots did you lot hit out there?

Hold off until the summer, it's stupidly blitz over there. 

Also look into to getting the ferry over to Tallinn in Estonia for a night.