THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

On 6/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, local said:

Is Ibiza still on 

Oh yeah.

Just booked for 2019.

BA flights, car hire for the week and a beach front apartment with pool - £250 each for two of us (me and mrs). Fucking bargain.

2 hours ago, Mongy said:

Oh yeah.

Just booked for 2019.

BA flights, car hire for the week and a beach front apartment with pool - £250 each for two of us (me and mrs). Fucking bargain.

Yo can you post more details or dm me that’s a bargain 

1 hour ago, Greens said:

What part and what dates?

Between Playa den Bossa and Ibiza town (more towards Ibiza town) but a 25 minute stroll down the beach to Jet/Bora Bora. Got an air bnb for 30 quid a night (15 each!!).

1st - 8th June. 

16 minutes ago, Thizz said:

Yo can you post more details or dm me that’s a bargain 

Flights are from Manchester.....

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/man/ibiz/?adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&oym=1906&iym=1906&qp_prevProvider=ins_browse&qp_prevCurrency=GBP&priceSourceId=b3ms-UK2-4&qp_prevPrice=89&selectedoday=01&selectediday=08

£94 return 1st June - 8th June, Sat to Sat.

We booked our apartment on airbnb at 30 quid a night (15 each), there wasnt many other options if I'm honest but worth looking at. Staying between Playa den Bossa and Ibiza town.

Not sure what London flights are saying though?

Amsterdam

Best Indonesian > Toko Bersama. Make sure to get the aubergine dish as one of your choices.

Best Surinamese > Ram's Roti 

Best Thai > Bird Snackbar (if its full, go to the restaurant across the street)

Best Pizza > La Perla, or Pazzi

Best Burger > Rotisserie (vegetarian option is pretty decent as well)

Best Coffee > Sweet Cup, or White Label

Good wine > Glou glou or DiVino

Good Hummus > Mana Mana or Sir Hummus

Other good vegetarian > Sir Hummus Kitchen (aubergine/falafel wraps), Mooshka (various dishes including really good veg burgers, run by an Ethiopian couple)

Other various > Foodware (various meals), Rainarai (Algerian food), Foodhallen (hipster food court), Razmataz (good gin bar), The Hoxton (decent hotel lounge for a coffee/drink

maybe the Amsterdam thread has more https://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/13215-the-amsterdam-thread

The Indonesian and Surinamese will be the only things you probably can't get easily in London (compared to the others) so I'd recommend trying one of the two while you're here.

2 hours ago, dub said:

Amsterdam

Best Indonesian > Toko Bersama. Make sure to get the aubergine dish as one of your choices.

Other good vegetarian > Sir Hummus Kitchen (aubergine/falafel wraps), Mooshka (various dishes including really good veg burgers, run by an Ethiopian couple)

Other various > Foodware (various meals), Rainarai (Algerian food), Foodhallen (hipster food court), Razmataz (good gin bar), The Hoxton (decent hotel lounge for a coffee/drink

maybe the Amsterdam thread has more https://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/13215-the-amsterdam-thread

The Indonesian and Surinamese will be the only things you probably can't get easily in London (compared to the others) so I'd recommend trying one of the two while you're here.

Bless up!

On 7/21/2018 at 2:25 PM, connorwickham said:

Any of y'all been to Cancun. Any recommendations? Doing 1 day at the Coba ruins, want to do the clubbing ish for the rest, not Coco Bongo though. Where's to follow?

There are plenty of things to do in Yucatan region.

The cenotes, both open and closed, are sick! Lots of Mayan ruins there, but you can only climb one pyramid due to the government getting upset about damage. The beaches, We'll in playa del Carmen, are sick! But there are so much things to do on the beaches. Raving, I didn't do raving, no time for that there and too many septic tanks.

On 7/7/2018 at 6:25 AM, dub said:

Amsterdam

Ended up only reaching the Thai snackbar which was amazing!!

Had the fish with garlic and white pepper. Nicest meal ive had in years outside!

4 hours ago, revs said:

Heading to Marsa Alam in a couple of months. Want to get in some snorkelling and general R&R.

Has anyone been before?

Only Luxor and Cairo, heard there are mostly Italians that go there so good that there are no Brits.

Anyone got tips for San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas?

Going next month to all 3.

Got a car in LA so we gonna hit San Diego too. Mapping it out, going to see Venice Beach, Malibu, Hollywood, Beverley Hills, Sunset strip, Universal studios. Got 6 days in LA (1 of which we going San Diego). Anywhere else i need to add in? Or leave out? Staying in Anaheim.