THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

I was renting condos out to tourists but I'm all done with that now

that was just a bit of beer money tho really

still got money coming in from back home

visa wise I do what every shmuck has to do under 60 so without a retirement visa

get a 2 month tourist visa, extend it by a month and then leave the country, visit an embassy overseas and repeat

nice little excuse for a holiday 

it's very hard to work here legally as a foreigner unless a foreign company brings you over to oversee the local workforc or you can be an English teacher (generally need to be white tho) or you have connections or business investments

can get bar work over on the islands pretty easy where it's less bait

but the law is a foreigner can't do a job that a Thai is capable of

Its not 'travel' so much but recently me and the mrs have been going to new places around the UK more. You don't realise the variety of stuff on your doorstep.

Walked around the ancient limestone waterfall called Malham cove onto a nice waterfall called Janets Foss. This is in north Yorkshire, about 90 minutes from Manchester.

malham-cove-winter.jpgMalham Cove

janet-s-foss.jpgJanets Foss

We are going to Leeds this weekend for 2 nights, got cheap hotels. Going to watch the fight then go for a few drinks on Saturday evening. Will post up pictures.

Going to Aberdeen for 3 nights at the end of July and Durham then Newcastle at the end of August. Getting around the UK a bit.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, LS said:

Anyone been to Japan?

Going there for a while to see some anime characters 

Staying in Tokyo as my boy is there but everyones telling me to go other places but it's like 2/3 bills for a train ticket :/ 

Do you want cheap flights? May have to get cheap flights to Paris or Rome though....

I've got everything booked already! Staying in the main centre for under 1k.

Just wanted to know if Kyoto and other places like Osaka was worth the extra money baring in mind it's my first time in Tokyo and there's loads of things to do there.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a clue on how to upload my own photos on here so I'm just going to have to use photos from other sources.

Went to Leeds a couple of weeks ago. Nice place, proper multi-cultural. Shopping is good, nightlife and eating out is too.

We wandered around the first day, doing some shopping etc. Went in the markets and came across the original Marks and Sparks. Went in to the Corn Exchange too and there was a 'geek collectors' event selling everything from Atari games to wrestling figures. Was a blast from the past. Ate at Reds True BBQ for dinner. Not sure if you lot have them down south but we have one in Manchester too. One of the options is instead of having a bun, you have two glazed donuts instead with the burger between. That night we went out to watch the Joshua fight.

marksspencer-kirkgatemarket-kirkgate-lee

2nd day we visited Kirkstall Abbey which is an old abbey, free to wonder around and there was a food market on in the middle of it selling everything from Jamaican to Polish. Kirkstall Abbey was in the film 'History Boys' if anyone has seen it. We then went to Morley near our next hotel which really is the most inbred place I have ever come across. Nothing there, and getting stared at as fresh meat.

1200px-Kirkstall_Abbey_in_the_late_after

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, AwKwaRD said:

Going Barca tomorrow, 3 nights for a stag.. any recommendations on clubs?

Shôko 

its next to opium and pacha on the beach, just see which one is playing the better music has the better crowd

same area carpe diem had the best talent ive seen almost anywhere, only there for a meal as it was a sunday night and only the restaurant was open 

one next one with less tourists on the other side of town that i cant remember began with R?

personally id allow ramblas 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Admin. said:

Shôko 

its next to opium and pacha on the beach, just see which one is playing the better music has the better crowd

same area carpe diem had the best talent ive seen almost anywhere, only there for a meal as it was a sunday night and only the restaurant was open 

one next one with less tourists on the other side of town that i cant remember began with R?

personally id allow ramblas 

:Y:

whats the dress code saying? Shirt and shoes? Or more smart casual

There are people at La Lamblas that sell tickets to clubs, they are promoters and you can bump them to get into multiple clubs in Barca.

Clubs were ok tbh.

You can get them British party bitches that will sort out your stagdo and get you into clubs no problem.

9 hours ago, Afroman said:

been considering this

worth it?. Water sports etc?

It's decent. Yes, you can do water sports, the guys selling are on the beach and promenade. Water, for being on the atlantic ocean, is warm! My hotel didn't have a huge option for food but was still decent to eat and was still all inclusive. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2017 at 1:49 AM, Seydou said:

Think he's implying it's not black majority country

Technically you can talk there from Norway

just wondered how he defined the land of his mothers

ignore them colonial continental border bruh 

we are all one