THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

I agree there are other places, and there are other places we wanna see for culture and experience, but this is intended to be a relaxing holiday through and through for both of us.

Will check out holiday pirates.

Cheers.

Experiences with Egypt?

Tryna book a holiday there next month and all I'm reading about on EVERY review is rude Germans and Russians..

Out of

Egypt

Morocco

Tunisia

Which country is the best to visit?

Experiences with Egypt?

Tryna book a holiday there next month and all I'm reading about on EVERY review is rude Germans and Russians..

Went to Egypt in June. Staff in the hotel were really friendly, treated you like royalty. But you will get pounced on when you leave the hotel with people trying to get you into shops etc.

We got locked in a shop and weren't allowed to leave until we bought something, 4 guys trapped us in (me & the missus).

The worst area for that is Naama Bay. If you don't mind the hassle then go for it.

As for the Russians, they are very rude, look you up and down, push in queues, no manners, treat the staff like sh*t. There were no Germans when I went, as Germany has put a tourist restriction on travelling to Egypt, but the staff said the Germans were decent people, on par with British. They just didn't like the Russians. There was a lot of Polish out there too but they were all alright, and loads of Egyptian families, but again they are all alright.

Me and the Mrs are looking atE

Experiences with Egypt?

Out of

Egypt

Morocco

Tunisia

Which country is the best to visit?

Experiences with Egypt?

Went to Egypt in June. Staff in the hotel were really friendly, treated you like royalty. But you will get pounced on when you leave the hotel with people trying to get you into shops etc.

We got locked in a shop and weren't allowed to leave until we bought something, 4 guys trapped us in (me & the missus).

The worst area for that is Naama Bay. If you don't mind the hassle then go for it.

As for the Russians, they are very rude, look you up and down, push in queues, no manners, treat the staff like sh*t. There were no Germans when I went, as Germany has put a tourist restriction on travelling to Egypt, but the staff said the Germans were decent people, on par with British. They just didn't like the Russians. There was a lot of Polish out there too but they were all alright, and loads of Egyptian families, but again they are all alright.

The Mrs and I are looking at Egypt and Marocco for next year. Around May times

I wana go Egypt see the pyramids, hot weather and actually try go into some of the tombs like they do on some of those afrocentric history dvds excursions. Marcocco was the back up plan as we wanted initially wanted somehwere not in europe, but not a long 7+hour flight.

my spec for this holiday destination was : Black people, different culture, relaxing, culture to explore, hot weather, not a long flight.

If anyone comes across any deals for a egypt marocco do share.

equally, i will go anywhere so any break for 2 share again 

If there's any white bruddas in your team reluctant to go tell them they will get LOVE like nothing they've ever experienced, WMSW in Brazil for real.

How much love me old pal?

You will be poking 10s every night without even a quick spray of the armani code brah.

Brazil is the best place Ive been. Got a lot of time for salvador. Spent 2 weeks there.

Rio is the shit though. Too much.

Also went sao paulo (quite cool) and florianopolis (beautiful place and white women) if anyone wants info on any place.

Will be going carnival 2016 for sure. Never been anywhere with such an abundance of sexy women. 90% are THICK.

isn't egypt/morocco mainly arabs though? ie the 'black people' mark doesn't really get ticked

It being Africa there has to be some blacks. It isnt the main priority though, the culture and sights should be enough in this case.

Anyone been Iceland before...thinking about a long weekend there. Hot spring baths etc

Anyone been on a short break by themselves? I'm seriously considering it, just want to get away from people and clear my head a bit. It could be anywhere...even within the UK. Looking for somewhere that has shops/restaurants/bars nearby. Bonus would be a pool/private hot tub or jaccuzi.

Anyone been on a short break by themselves? I'm seriously considering it, just want to get away from people and clear my head a bit. It could be anywhere...even within the UK. Looking for somewhere that has shops/restaurants/bars nearby. Bonus would be a pool/private hot tub or jaccuzi.

Go Dam bro, very chilled place.  Loads of people go on their own. 

Go Dam bro, very chilled place. Loads of people go on their own.

Best holidays are the ones on your own

na man

shit tourist trap

dirty smelly place that u pay out ur arse for

bologna in italy is decent but theres jus a bit of a language barrier, mostly just young people seemed to kno english well

so many buff student birds about

nice people aswell, got completely bladdered 1 night and got lost n they were fallin over emselves to help us out, bellin taxis for us etc

aint been to any of the more obvious cities so cant advise but fuck venice

Yeah bare places

Done it quite a few times, I try go somewhere where I can watch a European game too and avoid too touristy places and places where language will hold me back

Berlin would prob be decent

Go Dam bro, very chilled place. Loads of people go on their own.

Best holidays are the ones on your own

no they are not still

I'm on this same vibe as well

Literally open to any where as long its decent/nice atmosphere

Apart from dam

Went to madrid on my own to watch last years champions league semi. Was sick would definitely go away on my own again

That's not really the same tho bro

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm on this same vibe as well

Literally open to any where as long its decent/nice atmosphere

Apart from dam

Went to malta & Paris on my ones before. Malta was alright. Paris was boring. Being a romantic city and what not. You could look like  a loner,

I hear you about getting away from everyone still (Alone)

Saw this on groupon

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/groupon-getaways/ga-crystal-travel-39-79/49293217

looks sweet 5 day getaway  £149 (Malta)

Corfu. All inclusive £199 if booked in may. (4 nights)

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/groupon-getaways/ga-clear-sky-holidays-134-257/48985558