THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

Nice one,

How long did you go for and how much all in?

We payed close to £700 each due to half term (only time my mrs could travel)

23rd may 30th may

safe gunner!

sounds like you had a blast.

I am going next Tuesday for 8 nights. Cant wait.

Is it better to book your excursions, activities etc prior to getting there? Or you get a better deal whe out there?

I was gonna book the quad biking and camel riding via viator

We booked when we got there. 

However depending on who you come across different people told us they could have got us some of them for cheaper. 

Oh and everyone that we spoke to said that we should have done snorkling! We thought we had to be experienced swimmings but we were told you dont have to be. Snorkling is a must according to everyone else

bless.

Yeah I think I will book it from here.

its only £15 for quad biking + Tea drinking. 2hours +.  Mad cheap .

I was considering the snorkeling too. Reason why I resurrected the swimming thread :lmao:

I think I will book it too man. Always wanted to use my gopro under water

S.E Asia >>

Thats the shit. Would go every year (except to Bali)

/

Went Egypt 10 years ago. Thought it was deeeeaaaaad. Sounds like I need to revisit.

Full of smelly rude people after anything they can get. Hotels looked ok but fuck going away and jamming in some resort with hundreds of others. Private villa or apartment/condo is the only way. 

nice rips, looks decent

hows it compare to other places uve been in asia?

we've got a rough plan of thailand>cambodia>vietnam planned out from december

i fancy throwin china n japan into the mix aswell n jus wonderin about other places

seems like a bit of a ball ache gettin there

/

what u sayin about bali shinji?

full of ozzie cunts?

I've still not done that route yet! Should've done it this summer, but I've come back to London to job hunt. So Palawan's the only real beach spot I've reached in SE Asia. Boracay was still nice, just its small and we went during Chinese new year so it was overpacked with twats.  Otherwise I've just hit China, HK, South Korea and Japan, and Kuala Lumpur in Malay.

Some personal recommendations in China aside from Beijing and Shanghai- Zhangjiajie (Avatar mountains) and Guilin/Yangshuo, though I don't know how well the view will hold up around Dec, and I guess it may not work out if you're just doing a quick trip. 

Only met Aussies when I went to Japan <_< Didn't help I traveled with one there tbh. She says Bali is full of them, plus Dec/Jan is their summer holidays as well I think?

• Upvote 1

safe gunner!

sounds like you had a blast.

I am going next Tuesday for 8 nights. Cant wait.

Is it better to book your excursions, activities etc prior to getting there? Or you get a better deal whe out there?

I was gonna book the quad biking and camel riding via viator

Book when you're out there. 100% go and see the Bedouins, I found them so fascinating and they're mad friendly.

Quad biking through the desert is a must as well

• Upvote 1

Re travel cards

Halifax clarity credit card seems to be the one

No fees

Only thing is interest starts from the moment u take cash out (altho I hearin this is a standard for credit cards in general I ain't used a credit card before)

But if u go online n pay it off QuickTime them uv basically got no fees n a way better exchange rate than u could from the post office

So I'm goin for that

Eligibility test says on money saving expert im 90% to be accepted

Credit ratings r gay

Guessin no1 heard back from that supercard, I aint

For cash withdrawal outside of Europe

Halifax Clarity = 19-26%APR interest = 0.05-0.07% per day

Metro = 1.9% one-off

So if you're outside of Europe and you can pay it off in the same month you're probably getting a better deal than Metro will give you.

But its free on Metro inside of Europe.

Ryanair is known for tempting customers with cheap fares but demanding fees for anything from printing boarding passes at the airport to checking in additional bags. The airline’s boss, Michael O’Leary, once mooted charging passengers to use the toilet mid-flight but the plans never came to fruition.

:rofl:

fuck it, just strip out the seats and charge people extra if they want one.

Tbf i used ryanair for the first time in jan and it wasnt bad

Defo had worse experiences with easyjet, monarch, KTHY, thomson and wizz air

The best airlines ive used for all round experience and price are SAS and aireuropa they better then some of big boys like BA, emriates etc....