THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

Morocco (Marrakesh) was nice. Weather was ridiculously hot though.

People are generally friendly, food is lovely and it still has all of your fast food joints if you're that way inclined.

Restaurants I would recommend (Names I can remember) if you're going out there - Beyrout, Pasta Olivo (Italian food with a bit of a Moroccan flavour), Berts. The main square in the night time is great place to eat, but you will get hassled when you first enter, great atmosphere and quality food.

Visiting the Souks is good, but wouldn't recommend people buy things in there no matter how much they hassle you, you can get all the same things in the artisans and they are normally much cheaper. You also don't get the hassle you get in the souks. Got a lovely leather bag, which would probably would go for a lot more here, and a nice wallet.

Everyone tries to give you directions or lead the way for you, and then they expect you to give them money, gets a little annoying after a while. And some of them can get aggressive or act like you've truly offended them (Even if you've made it clear that you can find your own way).

Some lovely gardens there as well. (Once again, if you're sitting down someone will try and offer you something for free and then proceed to charge you).

Got called every black footballer under the sun and also got called Barack Obama, Black Man, Big Man etc. Kind of funny, but it's useful to know us black folk can switch our identities at any time that pleases us.

Took a trip to Ourika Valley and climbed up the Mountain to see some of the waterfalls, was a nice day.

Would gladly go back there for a long weekend. (Especially if I wanted to get leather goods).

Guest M12 Part 2

They are stupid then if your firm goes bust their cash is gone. With a cc if the firm goes bust your bank still has an obligation to reimburse you. I'm surprised you dont know this.

They are stupid then if your firm goes bust their cash is gone. With a cc if the firm goes bust your bank still has an obligation to reimburse you. I'm surprised you dont know this.

An independant firm with 30 years experience in London with fantastic growth figures and 100 million + turnover a year doesn't go bust overnight. I know what your saying but trust me on this mate.

Guest M12 Part 2

An independant firm with 30 years experience in London with fantastic growth figures and 100 million + turnover a year doesn't go bust overnight. I know what your saying but trust me on this mate.

They do mate and I don't know about you but I protect my money. I'd rather pay on my cc and know my money is secure from the start than trust your analysis of your company's turnover. Your words ain't gonna get my money back if they go under.

:lol:

/

Can't stress enough. Always pay for holidays on a credit card.

My family owns Londons 2nd largest independant travel agency. People pay by cash every day, not a problem.

why are you not advertising this to us... whats wrong with some people.

although isnt it just cheaper online nowadays. i wanna go turkey with the crew next month....

They do mate and I don't know about you but I protect my money. I'd rather pay on my cc and know my money is secure from the start than trust your analysis of your company's turnover. Your words ain't gonna get my money back if they go under.

Makes no difference to me what you do matey - people bring in thousands of pounds cash every day to our offices around London to pay for their tickets with no problem whatsoever, which is what I wanted to point out. I didn't analyse my companys turnover at all, simply stated it. Anyway this arguments void.

Back to work for me .

:lol:

/

Can't stress enough. Always pay for holidays on a credit card.

My family owns Londons 2nd largest independant travel agency. People pay by cash every day, not a problem.

why are you not advertising this to us... whats wrong with some people.

although isnt it just cheaper online nowadays. i wanna go turkey with the crew next month....

www.crystaltravel.co.uk

Crystal Travel is a Part of Moresand Group, formed in 1986. It is a well established Travel company, situated walk away from Oxford Circus in the Heart of London. We hold IATA and ATOL issued by Civil Aviation Authority and provide expertise in Flights, Hotels, Car, Travel Insurance, Holiday Packages and last minute deals. Being appointed official Travel Agent for over 84 Airlines, we provide the best air fares for most of the International Airlines to our clients from varied departure points to all over the world.

Feel free to call for a free quotation/any information on deals etc.

kept that one quite mate

no vip2 discounts ?

man just spent over a G for a holiday

if you hooked me up 30-35% i would bring you business 3 maybe 4 times a year

Makes no difference to me what you do matey - people bring in thousands of pounds cash every day to our offices around London to pay for their tickets with no problem whatsoever, which is what I wanted to point out. I didn't analyse my companys turnover at all, simply stated it. Anyway this arguments void.

Back to work for me .

I don't get your point, all he was saying was he'd rather pay by card for his piece of mind knowing if something happened to the company (even if it's a very unlikely chance) he would still be able to get his money back hassle free..that's a lot safer than just hoping nothing bad happens as were in an age where nothing is stable... you saying people pay by cash all the time doesn't mean anything because the majority of people are stupid with money anyway.