THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

Looks like I'm off to Brussels around October 21st-23rd for an early birthday present, girlfriend is sorting this one out, would have been Barcelona but trying to find a decent flight and airport was a pain, leaving that one for another time.

If you're looking for places to eat - try meet meat/ hempisphere or thai city. Lovely food.

Looks like I'm off to Brussels around October 21st-23rd for an early birthday present, girlfriend is sorting this one out, would have been Barcelona but trying to find a decent flight and airport was a pain, leaving that one for another time.

If you're looking for places to eat - try meet meat/ hempisphere or thai city. Lovely food.

Nice, def check a couple of them. Thai City may avoid only cause my misses is half Thai and knows if its the real deal.

What about drink wise? Good places? Def going to try that Belgian beer.

Nice, def check a couple of them. Thai City may avoid only cause my misses is half Thai and knows if its the real deal.

A lot of pubs/bars, can't remember any names of the bars though. Drank quite a bit at my hotel, as it was decent prices for a beer. So many nice beers in Belgium.

Saw a lot of places doing good deals on mussels chips and a beer, but I HATE seafood, so avoided.

Waffle stands everywhere, which was heaven!

Guest Portuguese

Brussels>>Barcelona

You have had an lucky escape because Barca is air unless you go to the outskirts of Catalunya.

It's nothing more than a retirement home apart from Camp Nou there is nada.

However Brussels is sick if you don't enjoy it then I will be surprised.

• Downvote 1

Brussels>>Barcelona

You have had an lucky escape because Barca is air unless you go to the outskirts of Catalunya.

are you fucking serious? brussels is anything, from when the best thing to come out of brussels is jupiler then you know you should do a 180.

Brussels>>Barcelona

are you fucking serious? brussels is anything, from when the best thing to come out of brussels is jupiler then you know you should do a 180.

Most of brussels comes like Derby or any random town with a town center and a shopping high street.

The high street is grimey as fuck bare construction going on and they dont even conceal that shit like they do in london so it looks mad tacky.

Also the ethnics and beggers bring it down as well.

There are some nice back streets however and the Belgian waffles are out of this world

Avoid at all costs just do what I did and go to brussels as a stop off for a few hours before going to a far better destination like prague or the south of france

I didn't really enjoy myself in Brussels tbh tried to see the bigger picture but it just didn't happen.

Then again I was here for 2 weeks (should of really been 2 days).

Going to Miami with the girls next summer and a few other destinations. Don't want to be here for the olympics.

Brussels>>Barcelona

Ermm Barcelona is sick, dunno what you're on about. Went for 3 days a couple of years back, could of easily stayed for a lot longer.

Going Sweden December 27th- January 3rd to see my mate for new years in Linkoping.

Anyone recommend flight sites?

i find this is the best for comparing easyjet, ryanair etc

http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/

but just remember that those sites will make u pay to check in luggage, to pay by credit card etc. it may be cheaper and better just to fly by british airways

Just been looking at pictures on facebook of my bredrin who went mexico..looks sick...anyone been and recommend? heard nothing but good things from everyone that's been to a proper holiday resort there.

I know a guy who's in cancun now and he said it's 10000000x better than he expected