THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

Think I'm sorted for flights to Tokyo. Accomodation ideas anyone? What sort of prices am I looking at. (Stat?)
If I was going again i would stay in Shinagawa, again.I stayed at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel. it was nice enough, didnt really spend any time in it though.It's right by Shinagawa station which is like Kings Cross, you can get anywhere from it. It's on the JR line which goes round Tokyo and takes you to all the hot spots.Definately check out Harijuku and Shinjuku, and if you can, get the bullet train (from Sinhagawa) out to Osaka. Osaka is live!If you want to see some nice parks etc, go to the tube stop called Tokyo, it's like the middle of the business part of town and there's 4/5 really nice parks there.Also, check out Electric Town (can't remember the Japanese name for it) it's where all the arcades are and is jokes.

Who loves you

It's our 25th birthday this year and each week until the big day on 22nd June we're giving you a fabulous present! This week's amazing offer is to New York (see below for full details) but who knows where next week's special fare could take you...so don't forget to check our website for regular updates.NEW YORK (Newark)- Book by 04 March 09Cabin Flight number Sale fare from Departure dates Economy 1/2/17/18 £225 26 Feb - 02 Apr 09 10 Apr - 31 May 09 Premium Economy 1/2/17/18 £499 26 Feb - 02 Apr 09 10 Apr - 31 May 09
http://uk.travelzoo.com/Newsflash.ashx?544415-967358

Need to find cheap yet good deals to Amsterdam for April 10th till the 12th/13th April.Got my flights for Beijing ready :D £493 (Fly Emirates) to be paid off this month from 15th August until the 29th August. Another thing is you need to get a visa which for a single entry costs £30. Can do it online but need to collect it from the Chinese Embassy which is in the Holborn area. Will be going to the Burton indoor snowboarding arena, swim with dolphins well my friend wants to do that and some shooting range. Do the culture bits i.e. Great Wall Of China, Tiananmen Square , Forbidden City, Ming Tombs. Much more to do this is what happens when you have family abroad haha.

Need to find cheap yet good deals to Amsterdam for April 10th till the 12th/13th April.Got my flights for Beijing ready :D £493 (Fly Emirates) to be paid off this month from 15th August until the 29th August. Another thing is you need to get a visa which for a single entry costs £30. Can do it online but need to collect it from the Chinese Embassy which is in the Holborn area. Will be going to the Burton indoor snowboarding arena, swim with dolphins well my friend wants to do that and some shooting range. Do the culture bits i.e. Great Wall Of China, Tiananmen Square , Forbidden City, Ming Tombs. Much more to do this is what happens when you have family abroad haha.
This is me soon come.

This is me soon come.
Good choice, I'm lucky I've only got to pay for a flight nothing else. Found a few more deals for anyone interested in flights to Beijing;Use this promotional code, UKARSN1 up until the 31st March, a new one will appear afterwards.Sat Jul 11th-Sat 25th Jul - £439.40, thanks to the special fare with Arsenal.Soon as you hit mid July when schools are out the prices sky rocket to £600 then to £1000 until mid August.Finnair might be one the cheapest airlines to go with but I heard they're crap.For the visas http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/lsyw/chivisa/ infact they cost £64.50, paying for a single entry and service charge.Expedia are charging £605 for the exact same dates.

Lemons can give you the scoop on Tokyo, I can't really say much about it since I haven't been, only just read, seen pictures and videos.I guess to get an idea of both is to visit the pair of them. Both draped in history and fantastic culture. I would say check out Hong Kong ;)I'm still looking to do both this year.

Yeah that be something to do. Just as long as you go with the right people who actually want to travel and see a new country, then take in their culture.As for Beijing;

To visit Beijing in spring or autumn, bring lightweight clothing such as long-sleeved shirts or T-shirts, plus one or two jackets and sweaters. The temperature in summer ranges between 30 and 39 centigrade, calling for summer clothes.The summers are hot owing to warm and humid monsoon winds from the southeast bringing Beijing most of its annual precipitation.Beijing Weather – SummerBeijing’s summer weather starts in late May, and lasts until August. Temperatures rarely drop below 20°C and can reach nearly 40°C (104°F). The heat can be very oppressive and summer is the busiest tourist season. Most of Beijing’s rainfall comes in the summer, and is usually a welcome break from the heat. A walk just after a rainstorm is a lovely way to relax. The air is clean and fresh, and the streets deserted.
Just a few sites if you want to read up on what to do out there or get an idea;http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/beijing.htmhttp://www.timeout.com/cn/en/beijing/http://www.thebeijinger.com/http://wikitravel.org/en/Beijing <- This will give you a lot of info, esp with scammers, and there's a lot of themhttp://www.beijingmadeeasy.com"International Shooting Range, ☎ +86 10 69771368 ext 3103 (Chinese only), [7]. Shoot Chinese automatic guns and other crazy military grade weapons at the International Shooting Range north of Beijing" :DWould say do try and learn a bit of basic Manderian.

SMH.Just reading this topic's making man all emotional.Doubt I'm going anywhere soon, need to renew my passport, get some P together and then I can look which isn't looking very likely.PISSED.
Lol EXACTLY the same position as you mate Sad times

Just reached back from Oz this week.. f*ck*ng sick!!!Not actually looking forward to HK at the end of the month anymore and am seriously feeling to cancel that sh*t.f*ck asia, sh*t aint for me...Anybody cancelled a holiday before? Are there any charges? Is it too late to get a full refund?
Usually if you cancel early enough you will only lose your deposit but because you'll be cancelling last minute the percentage you lose is going to be alot higher. I would ring them and ask how much you will lose, if it's too much just go.Have you been before? How do you know you Asia isn't for you?

Just reached back from Oz this week.. f*ck*ng sick!!!Not actually looking forward to HK at the end of the month anymore and am seriously feeling to cancel that sh*t.f*ck asia, sh*t aint for me...Anybody cancelled a holiday before? Are there any charges? Is it too late to get a full refund?
Usually if you cancel early enough you will only lose your deposit but because you'll be cancelling last minute the percentage you lose is going to be alot higher. I would ring them and ask how much you will lose, if it's too much just go.Have you been before? How do you know you Asia isn't for you?
I've lived in Asia 'Lite' for the past 2 years. You just have to compromise on everything...Everytime I go to somewhere more 'western' it feels so much better. Minor things like getting my haircut properly just doesnt happen in Asia. I miss being around my own type of people... Im still gonna go to HK if I cant sell the ticket to someone at work, They were taking the piss wth regards to a refund....im not on it at alll,