The Confession Booth

A Bit Better

Not sure if this was the best place to put it but yeah I have pretty much now only had time to get back on this as I have been so busy with work and other sh*t. I don't like my body right now and just wanted to know if anyone goes to any of the Virgin Active gyms? I'm going to check out one in Angel after my voluntary work and get back on this working out thing properly. Don't mind paying around £40 a month for gym. Is the membership around that price? Have started working out a time scale for when I can go to work around my work and other commitments so hopefully I can get back into it like I was before.Hate making progress and then regressing or not being able to continue properly. Really demotivating.

Guest M12 Part 2

virgin active are good for commercial gyms. most of them have big weights and at least one squat rack. plus those powerplate things for a sly massage after. They have the usual commercial problems though. Rammed after 5pm because of the work crowd and millions of people queueing up to bench press and bicep curl

So am I better off going for a body builders gym then? Don't really want to go to a place that is bare machines. Want to be hitting up free weights most of the time. There is a place near my work place that I might check out still. Boy, it's going to be mad though. Going to look like a toothpick next to these hench guys.Safe for that info fam.

Guest M12 Part 2
So am I better off going for a body builders gym then? Don't really want to go to a place that is bare machines. Want to be hitting up free weights most of the time. There is a place near my work place that I might check out still. Boy, it's going to be mad though. Going to look like a toothpick next to these hench guys.Safe for that info fam.
you are better off in the bodybuilder type environments cos u can learn more and ur more likely to push yourself surrounded by beasts as opposed to middle aged fat men. Most bodybuilders are friendly if u ask them for advice as well. Always want to drop all the knowledge they know. I suppose it makes a change from normal people just asking them whether they're on roids or whats the best exercise to make your arms massive.Bodybuilders gyms are usually cheaper as well cos they dont have swimming pools and that kinda stuff and are generally not as popular

diet slipped off more or less 100%but im working out like crazy, 2hr30 min work outs 4/5 times per week
So basically you're wasting your efforts? Coz you're well aware that your diet is extremely important and you probably know you should be doing 1hour of weight lifting max er session.
i haven't lifed weights for about 12 months. of course i am aware of the importance of diet. i have educated you many times on the finer points of nutrition. i've just temporarily lost control i'll b back on the wagon soon, when I get back from vegas.

diet slipped off more or less 100%but im working out like crazy, 2hr30 min work outs 4/5 times per week
So basically you're wasting your efforts? Coz you're well aware that your diet is extremely important and you probably know you should be doing 1hour of weight lifting max er session.
i haven't lifed weights for about 12 months. of course i am aware of the importance of diet. i have educated you many times on the finer points of nutrition. i've just temporarily lost control i'll b back on the wagon soon, when I get back from vegas.
f*ck are you talking about? You thinking telling me the protein content of peanut butter is educating me on the finer points of nutrition!? Are you high brother?! I don't even know who you were before this Guillermo ting but you don't ring any bells and I generally ignore the opinions of unknowns coz there's too many trolls on here.

f*ck are you talking about? You thinking telling me the protein content of peanut butter is educating me on the finer points of nutrition!? Are you high brother?! I don't even know who you were before this Guillermo ting but you don't ring any bells and I generally ignore the opinions of unknowns coz there's too many trolls on here.
bla bla blai was going gym b4 u was born "brother"

• 3 weeks later...

i fell off hard over the last 3 weeks because of essays/revisionate takeaway and oven food nearly everyday as well, i demolished two family sized pizzas in the space of 3 days :/back on track from monday

Hit back on the gym hard yesterday.Already eaten twice and it's 9.15am.Have lost almost no strength which I'm surprised about. However, I have lost noticeable size around my waist and upper chest. Give me 4 weeks and I'll be back.Generally not happy with the first 4 months of this year but it's been nothing but stress and upheavel. Now I'm out of it, I'm back on point.

Yes don, implementing swimming would make an excellent addition to your goal. Tbh if I enjoyed swimming I'd be doing more of it than jogging. I've been told and read how a good solid freestyle swim for 10mins for instance will burn more calories than jogging for the same time. I can believe that too as you'd be using all the major muscles groups in the body simultaneously.Lol as your just starting, trust me when I say you'll be gasping for air if you go hard front crawling for even just 3-5mins lol.