Trading - Spread Betting - Stocks - Shares

VENI VIDI VICI

Guest Big Daddy Dave
Dave where did you get your info?I feel I'm capable of doing this with time.
i dont get any infoi studybut tbh i aint done spreadbetting since early last month

Realistically you ain't gonna make money unless you're talking about investing over a 20-30 year period.Too many people read a book called "WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU ON WALL STREET: HOW TO MAKE A MILLION IN 2 YEARS" and think they're an investment expert.A lot of people think cos they made money they "played the market" when really they just got lucky.
so so so so true. realist comment on this topic, i aint even read other peoples replies cos this is all that needs to be said.all these people chatting sh*t about "studying the market", f*ck off. the whole market is a myth based on humans changing their minds, there is NO PATTERN TO LEARN. LOL @ there being patterns and "trends" yet big boys in the game still loosing millions. f*ck off, its ALL ABOUT LUCK.

Realistically you ain't gonna make money unless you're talking about investing over a 20-30 year period.Too many people read a book called "WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU ON WALL STREET: HOW TO MAKE A MILLION IN 2 YEARS" and think they're an investment expert.A lot of people think cos they made money they "played the market" when really they just got lucky.
so so so so true. realist comment on this topic, i aint even read other peoples replies cos this is all that needs to be said.all these people chatting sh*t about "studying the market", f*ck off. the whole market is a myth based on humans changing their minds, there is NO PATTERN TO LEARN. LOL @ there being patterns and "trends" yet big boys in the game still loosing millions. f*ck off, its ALL ABOUT LUCK.
Eh?So you're telling me that if I invest in lets say an asparin company I will only see a return 30 years down the line?When maybe they have large projected profits at the end of the year, due to lets say... stress induced headaches increasing?That makes no sense.And studying the market is possible, you learn how people react to particular situations, then you apply all the other variables that exist to come to an educated guess.

Eh?So you're telling me that if I invest in lets say an asparin company I will only see a return 30 years down the line?When maybe they have large projected profits at the end of the year, due to lets say... stress induced headaches increasing?That makes no sense.And studying the market is possible, you learn how people react to particular situations, then you apply all the other variables that exist to come to an educated guess.
you can start seeing good returns within 5 yrs realistically. the guys saying "investment is 30yrs down the line" have prbably never invested before.. but at the same its not going to be a quick short term return that will change your life. unless you're lucky to have invested in a start up company that sees its stock astronomically rise and then gets taken over..

Your right, you can take an educated guess and it can pay off. However "stress induced headaches increasing" = usually a media report perpetuated by the very same people who invested in that asparin company. In fact they are usually the people who actually commission the research.

Swear you don't even need knowledge in this instance, due to the credit crunch all the banks have taken serious poundings so their values go downBut with the projected bail-outs the banks should have life injected back into them, so their value should returnIt's a shame I didn't have money
Had the banks been nationalised then this would be northern rock pt. 2, it was a 50/50 call that went my way. It was a short squeeze. Basically, the good bank bad bank thing means that it is now unlikely that the banks will be nationalised. Additionally, before this announcement, the market was net short in the banks, so then everyone started buying back this short, causing it to 'short squeeze' up.It was a risky call but one i felt was worth taking, plus i had the money lying idle