Trading - Spread Betting - Stocks - Shares

VENI VIDI VICI

Guest chap44uns

Sorry - What I meant is that if you wanted to improve your marketing skillset, object-orientated programming isn't going to be of much direct help. 

IMO - You'd be better off going to http:///www.codeacademy.com and learning the HTML/CSS/JS basics there, to help you build better e-mails, create landing pages, understand what your front-end guy is talking about etc.

Seymour - If you do want to learn programming, the book - Learn to Program by Chris Pine is amazing. Code Academy is also good to start learning anything and everything.

Personally I thought about something I would enjoy making it, and made it. Didn't even finish it  (I WILL THOUGH) but it got me to a standard whereby I was able to blag a job.

/

go for a programming language (python etc) and not a markup (html) or style (css) language

/

apparently the whole Summily story is just good marketing - investors found out this kid was making a news app and bought it+him then bought in the technology from elsewhere and just put the kid as the face of the company and the sh*t paid off

god knows what Yahoo are doing acquiring and simply shutting it down though

His dad's an investment banker.

heres me thinking that the ute grew up poor

kmt

EBooks and youtube

If you've got a budget, look at tekpub and pluralsight

You can start anytime. Practice makes perfect. Just start with something you're interested in -like developing something for your phone or some website idea you've got

Just play around and break things

Sorry - What I meant is that if you wanted to improve your marketing skillset, object-orientated programming isn't going to be of much direct help. 

IMO - You'd be better off going to http:///www.codeacademy.com and learning the HTML/CSS/JS basics there, to help you build better e-mails, create landing pages, understand what your front-end guy is talking about etc.

Seymour - If you do want to learn programming, the book - Learn to Program by Chris Pine is amazing. Code Academy is also good to start learning anything and everything.

Personally I thought about something I would enjoy making it, and made it. Didn't even finish it  (I WILL THOUGH) but it got me to a standard whereby I was able to blag a job.

/

go for a programming language (python etc) and not a markup (html) or style (css) language

/

apparently the whole Summily story is just good marketing - investors found out this kid was making a news app and bought it+him then bought in the technology from elsewhere and just put the kid as the face of the company and the sh*t paid off

god knows what Yahoo are doing acquiring and simply shutting it down though

His dad's an investment banker.

heres me thinking that the ute grew up poor

kmt

dont think theres much real rags to riches stories in tech

majority are upper middle class

\

martinez i was thinking more along the lines of web development then venturing into software but i assume thats working backwards

still will check that language, the way i was on this back in the day and got distracted. fuck.

hmm really i should jump on this, sport is too unstable

see this is the problem

you should only be jumping on something like this if your hearts completly in it

those looking to make a quick buck will end up giving up half way

na not even that, ive lived the dream, i been doing something i love but if my plans in sport dont work out i have nothing, i have no qualifications no trade no job experience nothing, really i should learn something on the side to go into if plan A falls through. This seems ideal, not cos of the money but cos i can learn and practise at home on my laptop.

• Upvote 1

see the thing about all these sites and apps and people who have made their millions... have you not realised that ALL OF THEM DID IT THEMSELVES? AS IN CODING ETC ETC

BILL GATES?

ZUKERBURG?

ALIOSIO?

STEVE JOBS?

no, they didn't

and BTW

If it wasn't clear enough already

I'm saying all of this because I went from not really knowing what I wanted to do with my life, having considered and tried many different things that just didn't feel right. Either because of the long-term prospects, or because I didn't really enjoy it.

then I realised everything I said on here, and now I'm well on my way to the dream tbh.

Don't watch Mario and Marvell. They'll tell you can't all day everyday. BUT If I was able to do it, so can you.

• Upvote 3