MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

Was a good event to kick off 2011.LOL @ Gomi, you could just tell he was thinking WTF while fighting Clay Guida :D Didn't know how to call this originally, knew Guida would give him a match but didn't think he would end the match like that, thought it would go to points.LOL @ Vera vs Thiago Silva though. Quite a few Joe Rogan quotables in that one. "Oh...now he's just bitch slapping him, how embarrassing". "They're gonna need to reconstruct his nose, you can't go through life looking like that bro" Or something along those lines :lol:Briann Stann went to town on Leben. Some of these WEC dudes don't f*ck about. Man like Jose Aldo are gonna get to shine on the big stage now. Pissed he pulled out of tonights card.Edgar vs Maynard - First round was f*cked. Don't even know how Edgar recovered so well. In a non title match there are so many points in that round that a ref would have just jumped in and called it a day. Didn't think it should have been a draw though, Edgar was pretty much in control round 2 onwards and I think did enough to take this regardless of how round 1 would have been scored.

• 1 month later...

R.I.P this thread, lol.Dunno if anyone's interested but, UFC 126 is on 2morro night (well, Sunday morning, Pre lims @ 2, main card @ 3) on ESPN and it looks like it could b an epic night. Put it this way, from when Bones can't een make the Co-main event slot, you KNOW it's a stacked card, lol.Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort is the Main event for the middleweight title. Everyman should know bout A.Silva by now, but if u've never seen Vitor, jus go youtube n type Vitor vs Wanderlei, nuff said, lol. Yeh, he's lost a step since then, but he's also improved his wrestling drmatically since the last time he was in the UFC and he will b by far the most dangerous striker Silva has fought yet. How good this is depends on whether silva decides to engage or not. This will either b one the craziest wars in UFC history or a staring contest like the Thales leites and Maia fights, but these two hate each other apprently, so hopefully it'll live up 2 da hype. Forrest Griffin vs Rich Franklin is the Co-main event, this could b an early candidate for fight of the year. Neither man has ever been in a boring and they both always bring it, win lose or draw. Forrest hasn't fought since THAT beatdown frm Silva in Aug '09 due to a re-occurring shoulder injury but I think a lay-off is jus was needed, he's taken a lot of punishment in his career.Bones/Bader is before those fights and the one I'm most looking fwd 2. Every1 seems to think Bones has this one in the bag but don't sleep on Bader. He's a big strong elite -level wrestler with VERY heavy hands. If he can put Bones on his back an keep him there, he may well get the UD, but Bones has all the tools to put him away 4sure.Rest of the card; Miguel Torres {38-3} vs. Antonio Banuelos {18-6}:(WEC heads shud know bout dese 2, shud b a good one) Paul Kelly {11-3} vs. Donald Cerrone {13-3}:(This COULD b an epic stand-up war but I reckon Cerrone's gonna puss out n rassle) Michihiro Omigawa {12-8} vs. Chad Mendes {9-0}:(Heard about Mendes, supposed to b sick, wanna c this)

Just remembered Vitor was training with Randy a little while ago, if he still is, then we can rest assured his tactics to aproaching the fight will be spot on, ala Griffin vs Rampage, Seen the weigh ins and things got very heated, loads of words being exchanged, boild down to Vito calling Anderson a phony and claimin he wears a mask in public, cue Anderson bringing out a mask and an intense staredown, Vitor's had problems with the mental side of the game before, if he can overcome that (which for some reason i believe he has) we're in for an explosive fight. one way or anotherJon Jones, is without doubt the future dont really rate Bader but he has a chance, Griffin vs Franklin, two of the UFC golden boys, who have got to the peak of their powers and wont achieve anything greater than they already have, but will ensure you a good watch, i'm expecting a 5 round war, and a split decision, not sure who to, or possibly a Franklin KO win, that Kid Yanamoto guy is the individual i'm most looking forward to seeing, the WEC guys will give a good show aswell. heard alot about Miguel only seen him a couple times though, and not really sure what to make of him, as apart from the few obvious guys i didnt really watch much WEC.

Actually cannot wait for this!So hyped about the Jon Jones v Ryan Bader fight. Both strong contenders to be sitting at the top of the division. Bader's a monster but Bones is next level. Technically it could go either way, but whichever way this fight goes it's gotta be one for the highlight reels! Hope Jon Jones takes it though!