MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

Would love to see Hendo get sparked out before his career ends. Cant stand the c*nt.

Why? What did he do :lol:

139 card looking good again, after the JDS-Cain title fight was removed.

Kompressor what are your picks for the following:

Jones vs Rampage

Koscheck vs Hughess (zzzzz)

Nate Diaz vs Gomi

Travis Browne vs Broughton

Gomi is 2/1 to win outright, pretty good odds. I think he's gonna win TKO 2nd round.

Sadly I think it's Jones' fight to lose.

The closer it gets the less chance I think Rampage has got.

Hughes Vs Koscheck, the fight everyone wanted to see, hope the both lose and get cut, but I think Koscheck's age will win him the fight in a wrestling sense, if it stays standing he could have problems,

Hope Diaz wins, but this man doesn't really seem to respect the notion of a gameplan at all , which could mess him up, think

He'll still get the win though,

Need to go refresh my memory on who Broughton is coz right now I'm drawing a blank.

Why? I'm new to UFC but I know Rampage is older, wiser and a harder hitter.

I've not seen Jones fight yet and I know not to judge 100% from highlight video's but Rampage seems like much more of a force.

This is me assuming they'll stand up.

Why? I'm new to UFC but I know Rampage is older, wiser and a harder hitter.

I've not seen Jones fight yet and I know not to judge 100% from highlight video's but Rampage seems like much more of a force.

This is me assuming they'll stand up.

Rampage is everything you have listed, but Jones is a different breed of fighter, quite literally. Rampage is from the old school, he likes to bang it out, his strength is mainly focused on that aspect of the sport. Whereas Jones, along with many of the new generation, he has all his bases covered. His wrestling is great, striking is extremely clinical, and he is creative with submissions.

In all his fights in the UFC, he has been in complete control. The only one loss on his record is a disqualification vs Matt Hamill due to illegal elbows, and in that fight he was absolutely mauling him.

Basically, Jones has the reach to keep Rampage at bay. And I do think he will get the take-down, even though Rampage has good take down defence. Couple of Jones' fights:

http://mmaufcvideos.blogspot.com/2011/03/ufc-128-mauricio-shogun-rua-vs-jon.html

http://mmaufcvideos.blogspot.com/2011/02/ufc-126-ryan-bader-vs-jon-jones.html

Rampage simply has a punchers chance. The verdict on Jones' chin is still out, he has yet to be caught clean with a power shot. I guess that's a compliment to how elusive he is and that gigantic reach.

Sticking a few quid on; Rampage TKO/KO and Gomi @ 20/1.

No problem, I'm glad there's someone else who partakes this topic apart from me and Kompressor :lol:

UFC 135 next Saturday, lets go Rampage :Y:

i would post in here but every time i have some news u beat me 2 it, lol

bones has got this all day, i cant c rampage winning any other way than landing a lucky punch but given jon's reach, elusivness, and quintons supceptability (sp) to leg kicks, i cant even see rampage getting any luck.

h

i dont get why everyone thinks the hughes\kos fight will b dead or kos will lay and pray. kosheck has only used lnp once in recent times against daley. his hands r certified, r people forgetting his knockouts of yoshida n trig? hughes has been done for a minute, he jus gt life with that win over almeida. kosheck to stuff hughes tds and get a 1st rd tko.

im not gnna lie, ive never seen this broughton guy fight before but 4m hoping for another I

highlight reel knockout frm browne.

gomi definately has the power to ko diaz n nate is crazy enough 2 stand in front of gomi but nates boxing is underrated and gomi has been ouboxed before, especially by rangey fighter so its hard to call.

and rothwell will desicion hunt, he'll take mark down all night, he'll want nothing to do with hunt standing.

Haha, I post them to spur some discussion but like I said there only a few of us. You should post more, you know your stuff. Its nice to hear others people's opinions since I have no one to discuss MMA with in real life <_<

Honestly the way the main event will going down imo, I think we will see Rampage get knee'd to the dome plenty times by Jones, doing his best Wanderlei impression. No way is this going to a decision, I can't see Rampage taking enough punishment throughout those rounds and lasting. And on the other hand, Rampage just needs that one punch to seal it. Jones talking about how "fresh" his chin was, at the pre-fight presser, but I can't see him taking full bodied hook from Quinton and shrugging it off.

Compared to what Sanchez v Hughes would have been, the fight with Koscheck doesn't interest me as much. However when two wrestlers face off, the fight is usually contested on the feet, and like you said Kos defo has the adv there. Not sure what Hughes is fighting for; he's already done it all, and I can't see him in another GSP fight even if he manages to beat Kos and another contender. He should hang up the gloves.

Browne is a heavy favourite for this fight, not sure why, his knockout vs Struve was completely out of the blue if I'm remembering that fight correctly. I think this one is going to a decision, a boring one at that too.

With Gomi, he had a reach disadvantage against Nick Diaz when they fought, yet still managed to drop him a couple times before he gassed out. Definitely worth a shot on a TKO with the odds he's going at. Wouldn't rule out Nate to pitter patter punch his way to a decision though.

Can't see the Rothwell-Hunt fight going to the judges also. Hunt has terrible cardio, he will gas by the end of the first. And for some reason I think Rothwell wants to prove a point, I can see him standing in front of Hunt. It will end in the first if you ask me.

On the betting side; I'm doing with a 5 fold of all favourites @ 3.20, and Rampage/Gomi double as a backup @ 20/1