MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

Dana White & Mayhem Miller in bitter Twitter misunderstanding

Source: twitter.com

Aug 11, 2012 4:18 PM EST

Jason "Mayhem" Miller announced his retirement after being released by the UFC, following an uncompelling loss to rival TUF 14 coach Michael Bisping, and a second loss to C.B. Dolloway. Mayhem also lost to GSP in 2005, leaving him an unfortunate 0-3 in the UFC.

Miller recently made an ambiguous Tweet that began the back and forth.

Jason Mayhem Miller ‏@mayhemmiller

You never begged me to retire @danawhite you must not love me. That's a shame, I love you. Cont..

It's ok. Since you never allowed me to officially retire, I am now a Warrior for Peace and Ultimate Fighter for Justice.

Dana White @danawhite

lol retire Mayhem I'M BEGGIN U!!!

Kill yourself @danawhite we are all begging you.

Jason Mayhem Miller @mayhemmiller

I think you misunderstand. I am happier than I have ever been in my life. I put my energy into the wrong efforts, and now my life is shaping up into exactly what I want it to be. Howabout I fight that fight that Tito "ducked" out of but we will do three rounds in @lorenzofertitta's other cage. The one where you get to wear a shirt. I know you are a bit insecure about taking your shirt off now that you have implemented random drug testing-but I think you look great-Love You

Dana White @danawhite

good for u. Then WTF are u bitchin about me not BEGGIN u to retire? Then I respond and now ur f*ckin feelings are hurt.

u never won 1 fight in the UFC and ur last 2 showings were embarrassing to say the least.

then u get kicked out MB for the sh*t u said to that woman now u want to fight me!!? Ya sounds like ur life is going great.

Hey @danawhite here is an ancient ancient video you may enjoy.

… see you at my next show !?!

Dana White @danawhite

call me

Read entire Twitter... (Dana White)

Read entire Twitter... (Mayhem Miller)

At the UFC 150 post fight news conference, White said he tweets had been in jest, and he felt badly that Mayhem took it so seriously.

"It actually bummed me out all day because I didn't want to do that," White said. "It sucked."

"He sent that tweet, I tweeted back, and I was joking. And as the tweeting went on, you saw – that kid's on medicine, he has some issues, and the last thing I want to do is have that kid more bummed out and depressed than he already is. He started talking like a jackass on Twitter, so I blasted him back. Now I kind of wish I didn't.

"I'm sure he's not going through a very good time right now, no matter how much he wants to say he is."

"A guy like Jason, he's one of those nutty-type guys. Has he always been my favorite fighter? No. A lot of the antics that he does, I'm not a fan of (and) I don't like – the pink boas and all that kind of stuff. I like guys that are serious and guys that come in to fight hard and win.

"But I don't hate Jason Miller or wish any ill will to the kid. Whatever he has moved on to in the next chapter of his life, I hope he's successful, and I hope he does well."

Read entire article...

©2012 Mixed Martial Arts llc.

Developed in partnership with Adept Mobile

Fun with Lineal Titles

For those who are not as familiar with the term, a lineal title considers a championship belt as something that is not bound by promotion, but rather a title that must be won in a fight. Another way to think about it is "The Guy Who Beat the Guy." For example, when Hector Lombard recently left Bellator to sign with the UFC, he was still considered to be the Bellator Middleweight champion. In the Lineal Title world, he did not lose his belt until Tim Boetsch took it from him at UFC 149. Therefore, Tim Boetsch is the Bellator MW champion in Lineal terms.

Below you will see that I have documented all of the Lineal Titles across all major MMA promotions over the years, many of which are now defunct. Please notice the additional notes at the bottom of each column as not every scenario flows as neatly as I would have liked for various reasons.

A quick disclaimer about my own personal lineal title philosophy (which may or may not differ from your own). I personally only like to include bouts within the particular title's weight class. For example, if a fighter holds the MW title, but loses at LHW, he retains the MW title until someone beats him at MW. I tried to note where I have deviated from this way of thinking.

lineal_titles4_PNG.png

Interesting takeaways:

• Alistair Overeem and Gil Melendez share the crown as lineal kings with 8 titles to their name respectively. The Reem also holds the distinction of being the only fighter to hold a UFC Lineal title without holding the actual UFC title
  • I found it ironic that even after distroying Rich Franklin twice, the Strikeforce title still illudes Anderson Silva. Rich won it recently with his win over Wandy, who took it from Cung Le
  • GSP will have a chance to unify not just the Interim title, but 3 more lineal titles when he faces Carlos Condit
  • Interesting how scattered the FW titles have become. Maybe Aldo can start to unify those soon
  • I guess the UFC will have to snatch up Cole Konrad from the Bellator roster. He's the only thing standing between The Reem and total world domination
  • The Pride FC Lightweight title is interesing because it either belongs to Gil or Chandler depending on whether or not you recognize the No Contest between Nick Diaz and Gomi. Either way you choose to represent it, those two are the clear leaders in the LW divison....sorry Bendo

Lineal Title Leader Board:

1. Alistair Overeem (8)

1. Gilbert Melendez (8)

2. Anderson Silva (7)

3. Jon Jones (5)

4. GSP (4)

5. Carlos Condit (3)

6. Jose Aldo (2)

6. Dominick Cruz (2)

6. Ben Askren (2)

6. Michael Chandler (2)

6. Eduardo Dantas (2)

6. Cole Konrad (2)

6. Gegard Mousasi (2)

6. Korean Zombie (2)

Unification Opportunities:

• GSP vs Carlos Condit - The winner will hold 7 lineal titles, which would tie them with Anderson Silva for second place on the leader board
  • Jon Jones vs Dan Henderson - The winner will hold 6 lineal titles, which would put them in 3rd place on the leader board (8 titles if you disregard weight classes and include the UFC lightweight title and the Strikeforce Middleweight title)
  • Jose Aldo vs Korean Zombie - After the Zombie's most recent win, he was promised a shot at the title. It won't happen for awhile, but if it does the winner will walk away with 4 lineal titles
  • Gilvert Melendez vs Ben Henderson - Once Gil finally makes his way into the UFC, the winner of this unification bought will boast a record 9 lineal titles to their name
  • Anderson Silva vs Luke Rockhold - If this cross-over fight were to happen the winner would walk away with 8 lineal titles and a tie for 1st place on the leader board

http://www.bloodyelb...h-lineal-titles

• Upvote 2

Tate is the one, her last two fights have shown amazing resilience and heart.

Scary thing about Rousey us that she seems to improve in every fight.

Would love to see her up against Cyroid/Guyborg.

Don't think she wants to fight cyborg.. She'll probably go the gina carano route sooner or later. Can't blame her.

I'm a little bit in love with Tate.

Dana is gonna hold a press conference at 2pm Us time, (not sure what coast) in regards to the fate of the Jones Hendo card, Rumours are that Hendo is injured.

some people have spoken about Machida could be in place,

could work out well for him tbh, nice pay day and last hurrarah before moving down to 185, saying that it is very short notice though.

Was the MVP fight kickboxing? That other guy George was pretty decent still.

yeah

A UK-1 fight between Michael Page and Jefferson George also took place on the card. Page had three opponents pull out in the last week and was rather fortunate to find an opponent in time. George put up a great fight until he was caught with a big punch in the second round and went down. Page then announced in his post-fight interview that he had signed for Bellator FC.