MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, macz said:

brock failed a drug test lol hunt is fuming and wants half of brocks money that he got for that fight or he walks from UFC

FUUUUUCCKK!!

Swear you cant even enjoy a result anymore until a week after the date.

These drug tests need a quicker turn-around

• 2 weeks later...
Sportsbun.com will deliver LIVE round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of the entire UFC 201 fight card below, starting with the Fight Pass "Prelims" matches online. UFC 201 is finally here. We once again get to see the welterweight champion Robbie Lawler step into the octagon for what should be a brawl with challenger Tyron Woodley. While these two don't do a ton of talking, their actions in fights speak volumes.

204 card is so shit + bisping has to fight at aorund 5am even though its in manchester for the americans

• Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson
  • Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi
  • Jimi Manuwa vs. Ovince Saint Preux
  • Ruslan Magomedov vs. Stefan Struve
  • Adriano Martins vs. Leonardo Santos
  • Iuri Alcantara vs. Brad Pickett
  • Davey Grant vs. Damian Stasiak

fuck knows lol, he won the first round clean, but got slapped about in the 2nd so didnt dominate.

the only way I can see mcgregor winning this fight is if it goes to the decision, but cant see that happening

/

looks like bones will be back a lot sooner than expected

7 hours ago, Medic said:

That 204 fight card is far from shit. 

Also the press conference today with the bottle throwing LOL Just when you think it can't get any more bizarre.

explain whats good about it for a main event apart from the title fight, there's no other good fights on there :|

6 hours ago, macz said:

explain whats good about it for a main event apart from the title fight, there's no other good fights on there :|

Well for starters its not the complete and full fight card. To write it off as shit is unfair and a bit premature. 

From what has been confirmed, aside from the main event, there are enough fighters on the billing to get my attention.

Mousasi v Belfort - Great match up imo. Mousasi has an opportunity to raise his stock and push himself into the top 5, perhaps a fight with Romero even Weidman if he has an impressive win. Belfort post TRT not the same but he's always dangerous.

Struve I'm a fan of, he comes to fight and his stand up is always worth watching. The Russian guy he's facing, I haven't seen admittedly but he's 3-0 in the UFC so far so the fight itself has implications in terms of the HW division. Jimi Manuwa's fights are always explosive, and even though he's up against OSP, who can be a neutralizing and frustrating, I think the fight has potential. Plus Pickett/Alcantara will be tightly contested, a good back and forth. 

It's not the best card in the world but to me it isn't total shit, I'll certainly be watching as many fights as I can. To be fair, its live so late our time, so it was always going to be very top heavy. 

25 minutes ago, Medic said:

Well for starters its not the complete and full fight card. To write it off as shit is unfair and a bit premature. 

From what has been confirmed, aside from the main event, there are enough fighters on the billing to get my attention.

Mousasi v Belfort - Great match up imo. Mousasi has an opportunity to raise his stock and push himself into the top 5, perhaps a fight with Romero even Weidman if he has an impressive win. Belfort post TRT not the same but he's always dangerous.

Struve I'm a fan of, he comes to fight and his stand up is always worth watching. The Russian guy he's facing, I haven't seen admittedly but he's 3-0 in the UFC so far so the fight itself has implications in terms of the HW division. Jimi Manuwa's fights are always explosive, and even though he's up against OSP, who can be a neutralizing and frustrating, I think the fight has potential. Plus Pickett/Alcantara will be tightly contested, a good back and forth. 

It's not the best card in the world but to me it isn't total shit, I'll certainly be watching as many fights as I can. To be fair, its live so late our time, so it was always going to be very top heavy. 

the fights that we have been given right now, is not good enough imo for a main UFC event. We had mousasi as the co-main event when bisping fought Silva, and it looks like it's going that way again. Mousasi is hit and miss, his fight in London was the worst of the night but at 200 it was a really good fight and I think Belfort is past it, not taking anything away from what he's done.

I do like Struve, but would've hoped for a higher ranked opponent to help with the card.

just look at the previous big cards (not inc 200), there are always at least two big fights:

198 - miocic vs werdum, souza, cyborg & even damian maia was on the prelims

199 - pretty much the whole main card was stacked with big names

201 - wasn't a great card but still better than 204 currently with lawler vs woodley and then the likely straweight title contender fight

202 - conor vs diaz, rumble vs glover, cerrone, cody garbrandt on the prelims and magny vs larkin on the fight pass

203 - miocic vs overeem, werdum vs browne, faber

and then we have 204 lol, it seems like we always get given rubbish cards compared to others. they changed bisping vs mousasi to anderson silva a while after realeasing the London card so fingers crossed they bring some bigger names. I'll probably be going either way lol

I try to enjoy all the fights, from the early preliminaries to the main event. I would've liked 204 to be better, with bigger names but there are still interesting match ups. I do hear what you're saying though.

It feels like the UFC are trying to appease both sets of fans, but at the same time only doing it half hearted. They have finally made a UFC title fight to take place on UK soil, which has been forever asked for, but at a time where it appeals to the majority of their PPV viewer base back in America. So UK fans getting the prize and shit on at the same time, and then USA fans getting the PPV at a convenient time but a weaker card for a numbered event. A presumed win/win for them is kinda of a ehhh/ehhh now overall.

On 202, looks like everyone made weight. Just a day away now!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, Thizz said:

Boy some apologies need to be dished out

Apologies??

that was UFC200....the pee lost is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz!!

Hope for their sake, it was still a banned substance that he took, otherwise a few people are going to be wondering where their next mortgage payment is coming from

14 hours ago, Medic said:

I try to enjoy all the fights, from the early preliminaries to the main event. I would've liked 204 to be better, with bigger names but there are still interesting match ups. I do hear what you're saying though.

It feels like the UFC are trying to appease both sets of fans, but at the same time only doing it half hearted. They have finally made a UFC title fight to take place on UK soil, which has been forever asked for, but at a time where it appeals to the majority of their PPV viewer base back in America. So UK fans getting the prize and shit on at the same time, and then USA fans getting the PPV at a convenient time but a weaker card for a numbered event. A presumed win/win for them is kinda of a ehhh/ehhh now overall.

On 202, looks like everyone made weight. Just a day away now!

totally agree man

/

a week after 205 theres a card in Belfast, hopefully that has a decent card

/

hyped for tonight