MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

thenotoriousmmaI stormed in and put it all on the line. I took a shot and missed. I will never apologize for taking a shot.sh*t happens. I'll take this loss like a man. I will not shy away from it. I will not change who I am. If another champion goes up 2 weights let me know. If your tired of me talking money, take a nap. I'll still be here when you wake up with the highest PPV and the gate. Still talking multi 7's. Thank you to the true support and f*ck the hate that came out of the woodwork. I love it all. Its still steak for breakfast. I've been here many times in my life in some form or another. I'll eat it all and come back stronger. Aldo you are a p*ssy. Dos anjos you are a p*ssy. When the history books are written, I showed up. You showed up on Twitter.To the fans! Never ever shy away from challenges. Never run from adversity. Face yourself head on. Nate I will see you again.

• 4 weeks later...

yeh got jailed for being pulled over for apparently drag racing and then called the police a pig and other shit lol now his probation has been dropped but his now got curfew and cant use his car unless he's got approval from the probation offices

/

cormier has pulled out with an injury..wonder if they will get a replacement for jones to save ufc 197 or try make the fight happen at ufc 200

Fucking read about DC im fuming...

I dont follow boxing that closely, but do they have main events fuck up as much as the UFC??

Jones is toxic man....Dana needs to cut him loose, guy has ZERO chill since he was caught out by the rolling cameras for the first DC fight

Jones fighting Ovince St Preux for interim belt

/

they need to allow all of these interim belts it's getting stupid, I can understand why they gave it to conor as Aldo dropped out about 3 title defense fights, but letting aldo & edgar fight for the interim belt is silly as champions have a year to defend their belt, and they have said the winner of that fight will be fighting Conor regardless of his outcome vs Diaz, so they might aswell of labelled the fight as title contender fight.

and letting these guys fight for interim light heavyweight belt is dumb, this is the first time cormier has missed a fight in ufc, I guess they're trying to build up the fight as "two" champions when / if Jones wins

They got to have some form of belt on the line for casual fans to buy ppv's,  it's how they make their money in the north American market,  which accounts for the majority of their profits still. Jones is still lineal champ so putting an interim strap on him makes a lot more sense than any one else.  Edgar vs Aldo interim belt also makes sense because mcgregor is holding up the division,  albeit understandably  due to making wheelbarrows of cash for zuffa and generating insane buzz for MMA the man is a seminal figure in the elevation of it into the one of the  world's top pro sports,  like him or not. 

As long as they carry on booking these   fights where the best fight the best every fucking month,  they can do what they like imo,  belts titles etc immaterial, half the reason why mcgregor the nutcase retakes the diaz fight at 170. 

13 hours ago, macz said:

but fans aint going to be bothered about belts if they keeping putting interim belts out left right and centre, plus the co-main event has a real belt on the line

Sadly no one gives a shit about flyweight division   it is what it is,  when you watch it (for the casual observer)  is almost like watching a comedy circus midget fight,  even when mighty mouse is drawing for his sickest maneuvres,  he still appears as though  he's only been given the opportunity to fight because of efforts by the  make a wish foundation efforts or something to let stunted growth athletes participate in a pro sport.  People will never take it seriously. 

3 hours ago, cambridgebanteer said:

His misdemeanors or 'crimes'  are so basic as well,  and the media go on like this dude has lost the plot.  For what? Bit of caszh drag racing and swearing at a pig? Fuck outta here.  #teambones

Ploughing in to someone, seeing zero signs of life, sprinting away...then forgetting you have left something incriminating in the whip...coming back for it...STILL not seeing any signs of life from the other vehicle, and still then sprinting away is "basic" yeah...

I was in Bones camp, until he started becoming a fuck bwoy...guy has lost all sense of discipline since his charade was exposed.

Shouldnt be a interim belt ting though, swear Rumble was spitting hes ready to step in if needed aswell...smh

5 hours ago, cambridgebanteer said:

Sadly no one gives a shit about flyweight division   it is what it is,  when you watch it (for the casual observer)  is almost like watching a comedy circus midget fight,  even when mighty mouse is drawing for his sickest maneuvres,  he still appears as though  he's only been given the opportunity to fight because of efforts by the  make a wish foundation efforts or something to let stunted growth athletes participate in a pro sport.  People will never take it seriously. 

creasing up :lmao::lmao: