MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

was meant to post that last night, Dana's said if Tito wins he's in title contention, Macheda had agreed to step in then when Dana phoned back to confirm, he said he'll only do it for "Anderson silva money" should be interesting to see what happens with him from now on,

Guest Medic

Felt a bit sorry for Rashad, he can't catch a break at all, then I remembered what an arrogant prick he is. Hope Tito wins like he should have last time.

perfect scenario really,Tito Beats Rashad, Jones Beats Rampage, classic battle between Jones and Tito, old vs the new, would sell out instantly, (saying that though rashad and jones would sell just as easily)rematch between Rampage and Rashad, which could end up being Rampage's last fight, as i cant see him having more than 2 or 3 more fights left in him, he doesnt want it anymore, and just for good measure i hope Rampage beats Rashad on his way out,

If Rampage ever gets the title again he'll lose it straight away, aside from the Dan Hendrrson fight which is probably one of my all time favourite fights, he hasn't shown anything more than decent Boxing Skills since he's come to the UFC, he's too easy to work out, He lost his title to Forrest Griffin of all people, a guy who wouldn't/couldn't beat anyone else from the top 5/6Also as his heart ain't really in competing anymore the success and appearing on chat shows and whatever will go to his head, I hope he can forge a good acting career when hes done with fighting coz I like the guy. Jones should have him easily but his chin hasn't been tested as yet so who knows.

If Rampage ever gets the title again he'll lose it straight away, aside from the Dan Hendrrson fight which is probably one of my all time favourite fights, he hasn't shown anything more than decent Boxing Skills since he's come to the UFC, he's too easy to work out, He lost his title to Forrest Griffin of all people, a guy who wouldn't/couldn't beat anyone else from the top 5/6Also as his heart ain't really in competing anymore the success and appearing on chat shows and whatever will go to his head, I hope he can forge a good acting career when hes done with fighting coz I like the guy. Jones should have him easily but his chin hasn't been tested as yet so who knows.

Guest Medic

Strikeforce card for September 10th looking ridiculous :D Overeem vs BigfootBarnett vs KharitonovJacare vs Rockhold - Middleweight titleMo Lawal vs Roger GracieJosh Thompson vs Maxi BlancoGegard Mousasi vs Mike Kyle is meant to be added too.

"Alistair Overeem was expected to face Antonio Silva in the semifinals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix. However, on July 18th it was announced that Overeem refused to compete at this event; claiming that a toe injury would prevent him from being ready in time. Overeem was subsequently removed from the tournament and will be replaced by Daniel Cormier"WHAT THE f*ck?!

You's always beat me to breaking these stories. I'm gonna have to start posting as soon as I get the tweets through. Damm you!!!Saying that though, this will work out better for the spectacle of the tournament, coz Overewm was always set to fight the winner of the tournament so if he had of won it or lost in it it would've been a huge anti-climax. Especially if Barnett or Bigfoot had totally destroyed him. Ideal situation now, Bigfoot and Barnett in the final, which would be a good match up, with the winner facing Overeem, Also he's only got 1fight left on his contract, so Dana will be hoping the term can win then move up to the big league.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hmm I didn't look at it like that. If he had of lost to Bigfoot or in the final, he still would have been the Strikeforce champion which really makes no sense. Zuffa were too strong handed in this matter I feel. In a bid to gain some authority as they always do, they probably didn't expect Alistair to stay true to his word. I actually respect him for standing up to them, thing is, unlike a very high percentage of MMA fighters he has no need for Zuffa, he can continue to venture in K1 and other promos and make big f*ck*ng bucks. Plus he's not 100%, he wants to fight when he feels injury free so there isnt some David Haye shambles post fight. I know there are some arguments against this, first being; "other fighters fight injured all the time why should he be an exception?" Well, like said before he doesn't necessarily need the UFC to survive, same cannot be said for a lot of other guys, for which their careers would be at a huge loss should their Zuffa contract be terminated. I think if you gave the option to allow fighters to recover more before their last outing, ie rejecting a fight on short notice, WITHOUT getting in Dana White's bad books then we would see a lot f*ck*ng more of it. In fact I think all these "injuries" recently, cards getting shuffled more than a David Blaine deck, theres something dodgy around it. Just my thoughts. Also just to go back to Overeem for a second, he would bring in a massive amount of fans around the globe. This is something Dana and the Fertitta brothers have been working on doing, expanding the UFC, planning to returning to Japan for example. A heavyweight clash with Overeem and Velasquez/JDS over there would be unbelievable. So they definitely wont give him the cold shoulder.

Forget that, a as Pro wrestlings so big over there, Brock in his comeback fight Vs Overeem in Japan would be pure money. And if Overeemm wins will crown a new number 1 contender, Do t think the UFC will be having big tittle fights too far abroad any more. Coz of the time differences and how they effect the USA pay-per-view Market, which is their biggest root of financial income Strikeforce will be pisses by this, but they shouldn't be, as it'll work out better in the long run. from Zuffa's/the UFC's point of view now they've got a bigger chance of Overeem staying unbeaten till the inevitable contract talks to take him to the UFC.The whole things a blessing in disguise

Yeah Brock is hugely popular in Japan too. UFC 138 announced, will be held in Birmingham Leben vs Munoz, don't have high hopes for the rest of the card tbh.:D Rampage sonned Jones in the staredown, look how angry Jon is hahaha. I hate that side look bullshit Jones does, Dana pissing himself in the background.

That whole interview about boxing Klitschko with the polish dude was so cringe, I couldnt finish watching it. Alistair is chatting sh*t, about fighters chance, when he thinks he can take on, "with the right training" the biggest boxing draw in his first fight :D Some of the hype really is getting to his big head.I've really enjoyed all of Jones' previous fights, I mean who hasnt, but I'm one of the fans who's beginning to get weary of the arrogance. I'll be sure to catch the MMAfighting interview, not the biggest fan of Helwani though. Agree with what Nick Diaz said about him, he sh*t stirs to cause hype.

Lol. Timeline. Overeem injures his toe, Strikeforce announce that the semi-finals of their tournament will be on their September 10th show. Overeem announces he won't be able to compete untill October, Both sides take a stubborn stance.Overeem digs his heals in. And is removed from the tournament/drops out Maintains that if it was to take place in October he wouldve taken part, claims that due to his routine pattern he still wants to fight In October Overeem announce a fight in Russia against Kharitanov in October. Yes the same Kharitanov that's fighting Barnett in the Semi final of the tournament.

Watch Strikeforce Fedor vs Henderson Live Stream Online here. Strikeforce / M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Henderson is an upcoming mixed martial arts event held by Strikeforce. The event is expected to take place on July 30, 2011 at Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.:Y:/mma-fights/strikeforce/strikeforce-fedor-vs-henderson-live-stream-online/