MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 134 RIO this weekendAnderson Silva vs Yushin Okami - Middleweight championship fight. Not expecting an amazing spectacle for this, Anderson will be playing a distance game minimising Okami's wrestling ability. With Okami, I don't think there will be much success in take-downs, although he has been training with Sonnen, so can't completely count it out. Although he's improved his striking leaps and bounds, Anderson will own him standing up. I have Anderson Silva unanimous decision, probably 50-45.Shogun vs Forrest - Really looking forward to this, repeat of Shoguns first fight in the UFC. There have been excuses about his performance that night, with his injured knees, also his conditioning for that fight was pretty atrocious. Both have come a long way in 4 years, I really hope Forrest puts up another barn burner, however I don't think he has many fights left in him. His passion for the sport doesn't seem to be there anymore. Shogun TKO 2nd round.Antonio Nogueira vs Brendan Schaub - Schaub's been talking a lot of smack about knocking Minotauro out. I know its too hype up the fight but it is really annoying, and very disrespectful especially since the fight is in Brazil. I've never been a fan of his, starting out from his cockiness in TUF, continuing throughout all his fights. I guess being a Rashad Evans training partner turns you into a douche. Saying that I think he will still win, hope I'm wrong.Ross Pearson vs Edson Barboza - Fight of the Night for me. Barboza has impressed the f*ck out of me in his first two fights in the UFC. His kick-boxing is BRUTAL, he showcased that in his first outing probably leaving he imprint of his leg into Mike Lullo's thigh for weeks. Also put Njokuani on notice, that spinning heel kick was :D . Obviously not a good idea to count out Pearson, he is very tough. Predicting a 3 round war, Barboza edging it.barboza1dgm.gifAlso on the card; Palhares vs Dan Miller, Paulo Thiago vs David Mitchell, Spencer Fisher vs Thiago Tavares.

A little back story on the main event, Anderson faced Okami 5 years ago before the both of them were in the UFC.

Very controversial end to the match. Anderson's first fight in the US, he said afterwards nobody told him that kicks to the head we illegal. Coincidentally its also the last time Anderson "lost".Looking forward to seeing Edson Barboza the most on Sunday. His leg kick clinic display vs Mike Lullo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WDVlTqH5A0

Other really good fights of 2011Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley, best opening first round I think I've seen.

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard II, great title fight.
http://vimeo.com/18388990

Leonard Garcia vs Chang Sung Jung, swinging for the fences.http://www.mma-core.com/videos/__HQ_Leonard_Garcia_vs_Chan_Sung_Jung_WEC_48?vid=10010545Cheick Kongo vs Pat Barry, holy sheeet

http://vimeo.com/25677147

Nick Diaz vs Evangelista Santos, War Diaz everytime!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmTqcwNV8c4&feature=related

He's got a very awkward style, stance as you say looks sloppy, and his punches come from weird angles. Its hard to replicate his way in a sparring partner. I'm a fan of Nick, although he's a very "hate him or like him kinda guy" personality wise. More of Diaz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trlbt6bcvp4

part 2He's fighting Georges St. Pierre in Oct.

Diaz is quality, but GSP will "take his soul" like he always does. 2moro should be a big big event, Hope Pearson can do something, if his game plans right he could.I fear for Big Nog's safety tbh, he isn't as good or durable as he used to be. The picture after the press conference resembled a pensioner with a few serious ailments. An I hate seeing him lose to sub standard opposition but I fear we may see that later on. Schaub KO or UDHope Shogun is back in top form, he's back with Cordeiro so here's hoping for a pride esque performance. if Forest wind will be happy for him tho, can't really not like the guy, Shogun decision, but could easily go the other way, (styles make fights)Anderson Silva will win the main event in anyway he wants. First round KO. It will be a clinic, Overeem signing for the UFC will be big, but the strikeforce fighter I really wanna see against Brock is Barnett, or even Bigfoot. Hardy wont get cut coz of the British Market and the fact he has exciting fights, However I think a move down to Strikeforce could be useful for him regaining confidence focus an momentum, coz he's struggling right now.

GSP's tactics board makes Mourinho look like fodder, I don't doubt he will dominate Diaz (only hope he doesn't). Its a shame he's become so lame strategic.Hardy's game plan vs Lytle was ridiculous, but thats another matter. I like the idea of him moving to Strikeforce though.The universe will implode if Barnett makes it back into the UFC after everything thats happened :D But seriously, the day Zuffa purchased Strikeforce there was talk that it would end up getting the same treatment like Pride/WEC. I think it should be left to be run as a separate organisation, with perhaps up and comers and like you said fighters who aren't having the best run. Would love to see the big name SF heavyweights transition to the UFC to bolster the division though. I want to see Cigano vs Kharitonov, Velasquez vs Bigfoot, thinking about all future matches is exciting.

Palheres vs Dan Miller, holy f*ck*ng shet what a crazy fight. First round Palhares drops Miller with a headkick, lands some bangs, Miller is hardly defending and Palhares walks off celebrating before the ref has even stopped it. Never seen anything like it.They restart, and Miller drops Palhares right after. Palhares gets the win, unanimous decision. Defo fight of the night.Also the crowd are chanting, been super loud. Atmosphere must be sick over there.

The Erik silva punch was vicious, good seeing Big Nog get the win, Got the bad feeling that Pearson's gonna get picked off here in the final round.Didn't even get to see the Palhres miller fight, wasn't home in time, hope they show it at the end of the night or at some point.