your betting commadments

Doom

My list:1. Only bet on matches you are watching in play. Given how inconsistent teams are nowadays there is no way you can make informed decisions without watching the game and getting a feel for the game. There is too much information readily available on football - prices reflect risk. The only way one can gain a edge is by picking up on pointers in play and betting before the market corrects itself.2. Linked to first point never make any antepost bets!!! I swear by this rule now - unless its abit of fun fgs or bookings i only place bets in play sometimes watching a whole 90mins and choosing no bet. There is always the next game.3. I now prices teams in my head - if a price looks to big i will back, too short i lay. E.g. I made arsenal to finish top 4 evens a month ago - saw 6/4 took it. And on games too i price all outcomes in my head if they differ greatly then i bet accordingly.4. Employ a staking plan. Noone can win all their bets all of the time. Betting 5 or 10% of ones back - i use 10% per bet is the best way to build up your bank allowing you to take a few hits along the way and not be wiped out. Currently use £500 bank £50 per bet. Before i use to throw £20 into laddies double up go all in - get to 300ish then blow it all on a short price favourite.5. Discipline. Probably the post important point without this you can kiss goodbye to making any money whatsoever. The amount of losing bets i have placed due to ill discipline sad.gif Betting on leagues i know f*ck all about to overtrading to losing a bet then going all out on tilt out of sheer rage. Patience & Discipline = profits.Just my 2p after losing money for a year or so i have build up £50 up to £1200 on betfair all of the above was a steep learning curve but now i have my favourite markets where i consistently make profit. Find your niche market and research/focus on it.

• 2 weeks later...