INHERITANCE = WHEN TRUE COLOURS COME OUT

Goddaz

One of my boys grandfather died some months back & the f*ckeries thats developed between his grandmother, aunts, uncles, cousins, gran kids etc is deep.Bare grabbalious antics, family members who have never checked for his grand dad popping out the wood works, heated words, some disowning all over money etc. I'm still shaking my head thinking about his situation tbh.Share your experiences if any, thoughts.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Grandpa died 2 years ago. Will still hasn't been sorted. Grandma's a gold-digger, only cares about herself and her kids (obviously not my mum's mum). Some f*ckries consider my Grandpa was a man that kept EVERYTHING in order. Should've taken a week!
2 years? jeeeeez!!!

This never appeared to happen on my mums side.Why?Because my grandparents had nothing to leave them except the fact that they took 12 children from a farm and now they are globally spread and jam packed with diplomas and degrees.*Spuds Grandpa*The stories my fam used to tell me about him made me love him even though I never met him. Like my mum used to have bad asthma in the night nearly every night, so my grandpa used to sit beside her bed with a water every night to help her sleep well.*Goes off topic*OrWhen the storm rains came down the corrugated iron roof used to get battered till it nearly fell, so my aunts and uncles say that him and grandma used to stay up to pray, the instant they prayed the rains stopped.Don't care about dads side his family is airpie bunch of emotionless wasters.*Makses new topic*

My Grandad died in 2007 and my Grandmother is quite sick now as well.Completely divided her 6 children(including my mum).Hardly any of them get on at all.I barely see or speak to any of my cousins on that side.No more legendary gatherings on new years day for my nans birthdayMy mum arguing on the phone with one of her bros/sisters weekly.Really really sad

My Grandad died in 2007 and my Grandmother is quite sick now as well.Completely divided her 6 children(including my mum).Hardly any of them get on at all.I barely see or speak to any of my cousins on that side.No more legendary gatherings on new years day for my nans birthdayMy mum arguing on the phone with one of her bros/sisters weekly.Really really sad
this is me aswell mansituation is totally f*cked up

dem west african antics der"i am the 5th cousin of ades wife by marriage!!"
lolLet keep race/culture out of it. I just know it happens accross all races & cultures.
This happens too often.I'm stressing to my parents right about now to sort a will out.Can only see this happening in the future.
Don't think my boy's grand dad didn't have a will in place. That was where most of the problem came. Apparently the grandmother somehow had it amended in the last months of his life so most of his kids never got anything. Some members who 100% should have been in the will were not.

Guest Logster

When my dad's father died was before I was even born his 14 out of his 17 kids (my dad and his closest bros, who sadly passed away were the anomalies) basically looted the yard, took all the valuable things from the family home and just left the placeMy dad had to restore it all, I'm talking about an almost palatial property here, 24 years later they are still all quarelling over the house now----I just know that when my parents go I will handle it all much better as the eldest, plus there is no animosity in my fam, we're so tight knit.

no stories, but all i know is when any a the elders dieI AM NOT INVOLVED, whoever wanna fight for money can fight, i dnt want none of it
Tbh moretime the youngers in the family have no say in the matter. If their in the will then they just recieve whats been left to them money or items (unless some badmindness interrupts proceedings). I think the fights are mostly among the elders which makes it even more sad.

Donating to charity and a big two fingers up to your kids when you die>>>>>>>>>>>>________________
Ala Duncan Bannatine, his kids are pissed.
Nah, he is leaving his kids some money. I can't remember exactly the clauses but they have to work for it, make a certain amount themselves before they can get the same or proportionate amount.

My granddad passed recently and my semi crazy uncle got into heated words with almost everyone because he wasn't left anything. Not suprising as he was just weird and didn't do that much for my gran and grandpa.It's a shame the way some people act over money.

Donating to charity and a big two fingers up to your kids when you die>>>>>>>>>>>>________________
Ala Duncan Bannatine, his kids are pissed.
Nah, he is leaving his kids some money. I can't remember exactly the clauses but they have to work for it, make a certain amount themselves before they can get the same or proportionate amount.
Thats not so bad then.. actually a clever way of doin it. props to Dunc.

large families are the worst for this. my godfather died 2yrs ago and left nothing but enough in his a/c to pay for his funeral and lawyers fees. bare people coming out of the wood work in his final days. he was only close to about 6 people, me included.day he died i got asked for his will, which his nurse kept with me as well as bank documents. had he been alive they woudlnt have dared ask me but i just handed everything over to them. he was smart enough not to exclude these leeches directly from his will, but left nothing for them as he knew wht they would do. a lawyer who said he neer wanted to speak to him ever again was the same lawyer that gladly came to my house after hounding me on the phone to hand over the documents. in the end they got nothing but a big lawyer's fee and only the lawyer got anything. although his accountant stole a piano, and mirror from his house. the biggest robbery was the church people..his nurse got all the contents of the house, and his church had already ripped him off for the sale of his house so he coudnt do anything about that. they bought it for £1.2m and sold it for £6m. ive heard crazier stories from some of my african friends though.. juju and all sorts gets involved at times like this.