London Imposes 9pm Curfew On Under 16s

Thun

London police have been given the power to "disperse" anyone under 16, gathered in groups of two or more, from almost all of central London, after 9PM. The police don't have to see the kids doing anything wrong, they only have to believe "the presence or behaviour of a group of two or more persons in any public place in the relevant locality has resulted, or is likely to result, in any members of the public being intimidated, harassed, alarmed or distressed."
3318880165_c386706097_b.jpg
If you’re observant, in central London, you may have seen this notice casually cable-tied to a lamppost. From afar, it looks like a council planning application, or parking bay suspension. It’s actually notifying you that you’re now subject to an anti-social behaviour order, and the Police (and the not-really-Police Community Support Officers) have special powers to remove you from this area if they feel like it. These dispersal areas cover large swathes of London, and other cities in England. There are now over 1000 such areas.It’s ambiguously worded, but it institutes law that in other words may not seem so palatable. There’s a curfew for unsupervised under-16s, from 9pm to 6am. Any group of 2 or more people can be broken up and/or that the member of the group have to leave the designated area (if they do not live there). Crucially, police do not have to see actual anti-social behaviour, but a constable in uniform has reasonable grounds for believing that the presence or behaviour of a group of two or more persons in any public place in the relevant locality has resulted, or is likely to result, in any members of the public being intimidated, harassed, alarmed or distressed...
Just accept this and then they can move to the next phase

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have had this for years in my areaHowever it isnt age restrictedOne time one 40 year old man got knicked cos he was standing in his front garden smoking and jakes told him to go insideObviously he never had it, so they nicked himThey have vans with like 8 jakes in them each specifically for this alone that just roll around LOOKING for someone to trouble for NO REASON.

GOOD!they aint got no business on road after 9pm.
co signand to be honest why you sending out ya yute after them hours when you know how the road side is i mean ive sent my cousin out at times to one 24 hour shop but to be honest i should of went myself more time i wouldnt do it but its not that often its usually when HE done all the food in the house.if parents were parents this wouldnt matter tbh

This thread isn't going the way Thun hoped.
Its going exactly the way I thought it would
Sure pal.
Okay emo peado
I'm surprised you still haven't realised you're the exact type of sheep you always protest against. Swallowing everything Jones gives you to swallow.
Go bash to your dodgy anime pawn emo and stay out the thread

co signand to be honest why you sending out ya yute after them hours when you know how the road side is i mean ive sent my cousin out at times to one 24 hour shop but to be honest i should of went myself more time i wouldnt do it but its not that often its usually when HE done all the food in the house.if parents were parents this wouldnt matter tbh
:!:

Going shop for parentsComing home from training
Well if their going shop its highly unlikely their gonna get picked up by the police.
Very naive statementIts like saying if a black guy aint done nothing its highly unlikely hes gonna get picked up by policeslash if this just counts for under 16's in centralHow are the police gonna know whos under 16 without stopping them first?This means theyre also gonna be stopping a number of people over 16 taking their details and searching them, FOR NO REASON.

This thread isn't going the way Thun hoped.
Its going exactly the way I thought it would
Sure pal.
Okay emo peado
I'm surprised you still haven't realised you're the exact type of sheep you always protest against. Swallowing everything Jones gives you to swallow.
Go bash to your dodgy anime pawn emo
LOL I know how much the truth must hurt but you have to face it sometime. You're the perfect tool for the Government. That's why I find your words so amusing. Instead of thinking with your own logic you want to regurgitate what another man says. Then when someone calls you up on it the real you comes out. So amusing.

tbh i think ALL of them childs oyster cards should be LOCKED OFF after 9 too why do they need a pass to get on bus after i oclock if they really wanna still go out and galavant make them pay for it.kmt nuff of these yutes dont even have their oyster cah dem seh dem a loose it and dem na ave itKMTHOLDING UP THE BUS MAKE ME LATE FOR WORKpicney them have too much damn RIGHTS

lol @ the metropolitan police giving parents to incentive to realise that they should have their kids in before 9 and effectively doing the parents job for themlike i said if parents were PARENTS this wouldnt matter.this is what i mean about some 90s babies and their parentsgo ask most people my age what would happen if they come home late kmtnow picney come in and when the mum even say evening the picney respond with "AH LOW IT MUM IM ON THE PHONE"