Religion Vs Relationships

Guest10

How many ppl in here have experienced problems in their relationship due to the fact that both halfs are two different religions.Do any of you believe that no matter what different religion that both of you may be, in the end it can still work if you both REALLY want to and make an effort to as well as if both of you know its meant to be.E.g, Jehovah's witness in a relationship with a Christian(Methodist/Pentecostal etc)Discuss your views.

Well Son, I'm in a long term relationship with an Egyptian Muslim Girl, I't's definitely not easy but is definitely worth the time and effort due to the long investment, 3 years and some change. She aint religious but her mother is, I aint religious but my mother is. We both have come to a conclusion that if both parents refuse the union then we resort to our personal plan....Which may fail ofcourse

kinda dealing with this type of thing at the moment.. real close with a girl who is great but she's muslim and her fam are hardcore muslim while i'm Christian and she's great but sometimes it just seems way to much added pressure... i think my fam would be cool with it, but i know her dad will probably want me killed lol

Let me tell the scenario. These two have been together for 2 years now and have pure luv for each other.The boy is a christian but not really too religious. This girl is seriously religious. Jehovah's witness to be specific actually. Apparently they only preach to marry inside their own religion BUT can marry another religion under free will BUT at the same time it is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED due to problems that will arise during marriage such as them not celebrating birthdays, easter or even Xmas whilst the other half does. This girl obviously believes and practices what they teach but at the same time really wants to be with someone whos not a witness. Ideally, she would prefer if he was a witness so beliefs could be exactly the same. So she has a plan to try and get him to understand her beliefs and see the reasons why they believe in what they believe in, hopefully soon in aid to turn him to a witness. But the boy is not ignorant and is open minded but at the same time he was a born & bred christian, celebrating xmas and birthdays every single year of his life. That is how his parents raised him and at the same time he really wants to be with the girl aswell. Everything is TOTALLY bless between the two, but the only thing that is an obstacle between the two is the religion. She tells the boy that becoming witness is not exactly coming out of christianity because she says that witnesses are also christians aswell just that certain beliefs are different and she highly wants to be with someone who is as spiritual as her, so when things go wrong they can resort to scriptures in the bible and they can both attend the same bible studies together instead of one doing the other to what the other half is doing. Recently, she has said that she ONLY wants to marry that specific boy but marriage wont happen until the boy turns spiritual. Now matter how long it takes whether it is another 3-6 years, she says she will wait for him to turn spiritual because that who she wants to marry and hopefully be as spiritual as him.Now is this a threat?What should the boy do?Leaving the girl and walking out of her life is that last thing they both want as she hopes that god also forbids that from happening as these two believe that they are the right ones for each other and come to think of it, it actually is very impossible to break these two up due to how much luv there is in the relationship and the tight bond they have but at the same time how do they come with a solution to this.Other questions that she asks herself from time to time aswell is if it does get to the stage of getting married, where would they get married because are not suppose to step foot in a church AT ALL neither should christians go to the Kingdom Hall(Jehovahs witnesses' version of a church and place of meeting).

Thing is I think 2 ppl of different religions getting together can work, but as General Mac says it wont be easy as people will always have something to say. It depends on how much you like the girl alsoI remember a friend of mine who was dating an asian girl and when they went to the cinema one time, 3 - 4 asian guys came up to them and started a bit of trouble because of the difference in their religionObviously most ppl wont be as upfront about it as those group of guys were, but it can happen. I remeber when I took out a girl who was a different religion to me and it did seem like she was looking out for ppl sumtimes. She tried not to make it too obvious, but i did notice it at times

One of my very first proper girlfriends was Moroccan & Muslim. I was raised as a catholic. Like me, she wasn't really on the strict religious practices but her parents were ON IT TILL DEATH but I didn't know. The relationship went on undercover for nearly a year.Just before reaching a year though, we decided to tell her parents. Without going into too much detail, lets just say her father looked into my young, innocent eyes & said 'I will kill you if you ever come near my daughter again' and promptly showed me to the door while her daughter cried & simultaneously tried to leave with me.The following Monday her bredrin gives me some lengthy letter which ended in her telling me her parents are taking her back to Morocco in a week for an arranged marriage. I didn't believe her at first, tried contacting her & failed, a few weeks later I sent my bredrins girl to her house to check, she confirmed she wasn't there, her house now belonged to some white family.In conclusion, most won't work. Too many deep rooted belief systems at work against each other. These belief systems govern almost everything they do & live for. Western ways of living WILL always tend to conflict with strict religious parents on one or both sides. If the couples can find a way of successfully addressing the issues then yeah, it can work but I'm doubtful. The alternative is if your both adults or have support is to run away/air your parents & make it work.However, I still think some religiously mixed relationships can work but you'd have to work very hard to make it a success. I think the ages of the couple will play a key role & more importantly independence from your parents/family.

One of my very first proper girlfriends was Moroccan & Muslim. I was raised as a catholic. Like me, she wasn't really on the strict religious practices but her parents were ON IT TILL DEATH but I didn't know. The relationship went on undercover for nearly a year.Just before reaching a year though, we decided to tell her parents. Without going into too much detail, lets just say her father looked into my young, innocent eyes & said 'I will kill you if you ever come near my daughter again' and promptly showed me to the door while her daughter cried & simultaneously tried to leave with me.The following Monday her bredrin gives me some lengthy letter which ended in her telling me her parents are taking her back to Morocco in a week for an arranged marriage. I didn't believe her at first, tried contacting her & failed, a few weeks later I sent my bredrins girl to her house to check, she confirmed she wasn't there, her house now belonged to some white family.In conclusion, most won't work. Too many deep rooted belief systems at work against each other. These belief systems govern almost everything they do & live for. Western ways of living WILL always tend to conflict with strict religious parents on one or both sides. If the couples can find a way of successfully addressing the issues then yeah, it can work but I'm doubtful. The alternative is if your both adults or have support is to run away/air your parents & make it work.However, I still think some religiously mixed relationships can work but you'd have to work very hard to make it a success. I think the ages of the couple will play a key role & more importantly independence from your parents/family.
I know one girls sister who is married to someone out of their religion (muslim) and she told me that when it came to the wedding day, alot of their family members didnt really show up as most didnt agree with it. But the sister didnt care as she loved him regardless, so the wedding still went ahead. (has a kid with him now). But now the fam has now come to terms with it and it relatively cool with everythingI can agree with you saying some wont work, simply because of the amount of ducking and diving, avoiding certain family members and keeping everything a secret..to me this long and can be alot to deal with. But again, depends on how both parties feel about each other

boy that was a deep read still

I know one girls sister who is married to someone out of their religion (muslim) and she told me that when it came to the wedding day, alot of their family members didnt really show up as most didnt agree with it. But the sister didnt care as she loved him regardless, so the wedding still went ahead. (has a kid with him now). But now the fam has now come to terms with it and it relatively cool with everythingI can agree with you saying some wont work, simply because of the amount of ducking and diving, avoiding certain family members and keeping everything a secret..to me this long and can be alot to deal with. But again, depends on how both parties feel about each other
Exactly, I think that will be the ultimate decider on which path they take.

The alternative is if your both adults or have support is to run away/air your parents & make it work.However, I still think some religiously mixed relationships can work but you'd have to work very hard to make it a success. I think the ages of the couple will play a key role & more importantly independence from your parents/family.
Running away from parents is not an option as she LOVES her family. She would prefer for her parents to be happy with her and her marriage aswell. She wouldnt be able to face leaving her family behind.Her family are on this Jehovah's witness religious ting aswell. VERY STRICT about it. Especially her two sisters and mother.The ducking & diving has been done when out in public because if she does get caught for having a boyfriend whos not in the same religion as her, this could result in her being disfellowshipped.MADNESS!

The alternative is if your both adults or have support is to run away/air your parents & make it work.However, I still think some religiously mixed relationships can work but you'd have to work very hard to make it a success. I think the ages of the couple will play a key role & more importantly independence from your parents/family.
Running away from parents is not an option as she LOVES her family. She would prefer for her parents to be happy with her and her marriage aswell. She wouldnt be able to face leaving her family behind.Her family are on this Jehovah's witness religious ting aswell. VERY STRICT about it. Especially her two sisters and mother.The ducking & diving has been done when out in public because if she does get caught for having a boyfriend whos not in the same religion as her, this could result in her being disfellowshipped.MADNESS!
I hear you, however. When I said run away I didn't even mean disappear/cut themselves off from the family they love, more like just move out & JUST DO THEM & f*ck want everyone else wants them to do.In my experiences, love between the couple is usually the last thing on their parents minds. Religion comes first. The couple in question are going to have to make a decision. If the family love is strong, all will work out & both sides of the family will slowly overtime come to terms with the situation. If not, its their life which should be governed by them & nobody else tbh.Not long ago I was in a similar situation but it had nothing to do with religion but all the family disapprovements & possible disowning ring true so I just told each & everyone of my family members this is what I'm doing, I want you to be there for me BUT make no mistake about it. I love you but but I going to do it regardless, I'm a grown as man & this is my life. Funny enough all but some changed their tunes, you can't please everyone family or otherwise.

Just before reaching a year though, we decided to tell her parents. Without going into too much detail, lets just say her father looked into my young, innocent eyes & said 'I will kill you if you ever come near my daughter again' and promptly showed me to the door while her daughter cried & simultaneously tried to leave with me.The following Monday her bredrin gives me some lengthy letter which ended in her telling me her parents are taking her back to Morocco in a week for an arranged marriage. I didn't believe her at first, tried contacting her & failed, a few weeks later I sent my bredrins girl to her house to check, she confirmed she wasn't there, her house now belonged to some white family.
sickest man

How many ppl in here have experienced problems in their relationship due to the fact that both halfs are two different religions.Do any of you believe that no matter what different religion that both of you may be, in the end it can still work if you both REALLY want to and make an effort to as well as if both of you know its meant to be.E.g, Jehovah's witness in a relationship with a Christian(Methodist/Pentecostal etc)Discuss your views.
yh havent rly experience thisbutmost cases wer ive heard of ppl facing this quandary,esp with strong parental viewsand they made it workone usually adopts the religion of the otherand a resolution is made further down the line with the upset parentsperhaps at the birth of a grandchild yes?bear in mind all my examples are drawn from televisionbig up the afternoon movie massive