Gun Play Talks With Ozone Magazine About Smoking Crack & His Drug Addiction

ReZiW

Would you consider yourself a drug user, or a drug dealer? Do you make money off it?No, I’m not a user. I’m an abuser.An abuser? Sounds like you don’t take it seriously.Nope. I don’t take it seriously. Some people have a problem. Some people let drugs use them; I use drugs. I don’t sit there and say, “I need a line of coke or a pill or I can’t do nothing.” I need my weed now or I can’t do s**t or I’ma snap on anybody three feet near me, but I don’t take it to that extreme where I can’t handle my business. If I don’t handle my business I can’t get high. My business and my family are first and foremost, then after I do all that, I get as high as a kite. I’ll snort an eight-ball; I’ll pop five pills; I’ll sip two or three ounces of syrup; I’ll pop two or three Xanax bars.How much money do you spend during an average week on drugs?Don’t tell [Rick] Ross, but on an average week I spend about $500 to $600 on weed, coke, pills, and Percs. When I had money to spare I was spending $1,500 a week. Right now I’m down to $500 ‘cause I’m trying to reserve myself, but at the height of my escapades it was $1,500 a week, no pressure.How do you think you’re able to “use drugs” without letting them “use you”?At an early age I saw what drugs do to you. My aunt used to be on bricks bad, that’s crack-cocaine. She was freebasing real bad when I was six years old. I saw what overdoing it will do to you. I just made a promise within myself not to go that far, not to ever let it mess up my family, my money, my mind, you know? That’s recreation. I like to do it when I know I don’t have anything to do or when I know it’s time to vibe. People like to see me vibe and when I vibe, I’m usually on four or five different drugs. If I can get paid and do that at the same time, I’m getting off scot-free. I feel like I’m stealing.How does your mother feel about your drug use now?She doesn’t like it but she knows that I’m a smart guy and I know what I’m doing and I handle my business. She doesn’t like it at all. I done came home plenty of times and parked my car halfway on the front porch. My mom had to help me out the car ‘cause I couldn’t drive anymore and I was screaming, “We the best!” and being all happy. She’s like, “You’re too drunk,” and I’m like, “Naw, I’m too successful.” When good stuff happens to me and I overcome a hump in my life, that’s a reason for me to go out, celebrate, and do six drugs.What’s been your worst experience from doing drugs?Usually I take four or five pills. One time, I took just one pill and I swear I thought I was gonna die. I had my homeboy drop me at the hospital and drive off ‘cause I really thought I was gonna die. I didn’t want him to go to prison so I told him to just drop me off at the emergency room and keep going. I took one pill from one of my homeboys and I didn’t look at it or nothing; I just popped it and the next thing you know I felt like I was gonna die. I felt like one of these people that’s on TV, like how they be shaking and s**t when they overdose on ecstasy and synthetic pills. They stripped me down to my boxers and left my chain on. So I got my boxers and my chain on and that’s it. I was sweating, drinking water, shaking, and I kinda dozed off. I felt somebody lift up my chain and I grabbed that nurse – a male nurse – I grabbed him by his wrist and his neck at the same time and boom! The head nurse lady said, “Don’t you ever touch one of my employees again or I’m gonna send you to prison!” I thought he was gonna steal my chain and I got sober instantly. I was damn near in a coma but I felt that muthaf**ka touch my chain and it was going down.How old were you when you started experimenting with drugs?I started smoking weed at 12 years old, in seventh grade, when I was in drop-out prevention. I think that’s how I got in drop-out prevention ‘cause I started smoking weed. I started snorting coke at 15 in the summer of ’94.Why did you decide to start using cocaine?I always had a lot of it [for sale]. I used to serve this one baser all night, outta my mama’s house. I would walk down to the corner store and serve him 40’s all night. He would buy four 40’s a night, every night. That’s when all my niggas was serving lil’ nickel bags of weed and s**t and I was sitting here serving 40’s of coke and getting money. One day his eyes were real wide and he walked up to me when he was buying that 40 and said, “Yo, you ever did this s**t?” I said, “Naw, man.” He said, “Don’t you ever do this s**t, dawg. This s**t is the devil.” In my mind, I know crack is the devil. [but] I know rich dudes that maintain in life and still do coke. So I’m like, “Well, you’re just a baser.” One day, I was in my room drunk and I had a bunch of [cocaine] in there. I was with a couple of my older homeboys, my older chicos that usually had all the work. They were breaking it down. One night I snorted about two or three lines, and six hours later after about the eighteenth conversation, I just noticed, holy s**t, I’m higher than a muthaf**ka. I’m speedin’ right now. I can’t stop talking. I can’t stop moving. This is the best s**t God ever created.Do you still think cocaine is the best s**t God ever created?Yeah. I mean, naw. I think weed is the best s**t God ever created.Um… okay. You’re sounding like a drug advocate right now. Are you advocating cocaine use?Oh, I love cocaine. Let me tell you what cocaine does to me. When I’m on pills, they get me high. It’s an upper and a downer at the same time. When I’m on syrup and Xanax bars, that’s a downer. When I’m on weed and Hennessy, that’s a downer. But when I toot-toot on that white b***h - no offense, JB - it evens everything out. I feel like I’m down but I can function. I can talk; I’m not slurring. I can drive right. It’s a balance for everything.When’s the last time you snorted cocaine?Right before I left for Jamaica. I got high to stay awake ‘cause I had a flight early in the morning. I snorted an eight-ball real quick and stayed up all night. I can’t do no less than an eight-ball. I need 3.5 grams. I can’t do nothing less than that or I’m gonna be upset.So if you’ve been spending $1,500 a week on drugs since 15, that’s a lot of money. How much money do you think you’ve spent on drugs in your lifetime?s**t! A house. I’m 26 now. But nah, I’ve only been spending money like that since 2006 when we got the [record] deal and I started making a bunch of money.Have you ever tried going out sober?Yeah, and it’s not that much fun. It was boring.Are there any other drugs that scare you?The most I ever did that was over the limit - and I’ll never do it again - is coke and heroin. Speedballin’. I was with a white b***h one time and my coke was done, and she had some [coke] but I didn’t know that she had mixed with with boy [heroin]. It looked kinda grayish brown, but you’ll find that sometimes if your coke is cut. I snorted it up and instantly I felt like I was on ecstasy. I was like, “Damn, this is some fire-ass coke.” After the fifth or sixth line she says, “Oh. You’re snorting outta that bag? Oh, baby, no. That’s a speedball.” I’m like, “Oh. Well, how much do you want for the rest of that?” I bought the rest from her and after I finished snorting that s**t, it was the worst feeling I’ve ever felt in my f**king life. I was The Exorcist in the house. I was projectile puking. I was shooting that b***h so far. Never again. Once that happened, I decided I ain’t f**kin’ around with that s**t no more. That was the craziest drug I ever did. It’s called speedball, boy and girl mixed, and you can either vein it or nose it. I was straight nosing it ‘cause I don’t f**k with my veins.So you’re promising, in print, that you’ll never try crack?I ain’t never gonna say never, but I ain’t never gonna try hard and I ain’t never gonna do no boy. That’s not my drug of choice. I’m gonna let the fans know a secret. I heard about meth. They say that if you snort a match tip of crystal meth you’ll be high for six hours. I hope nobody brings that s**t in front of me, ‘cause a six-hour high off a match tip, oh boy! But that’s kinda borderline crack. When I see meth [addicts], you can’t tell if they’re on crack or meth. I don’t think I’d ever do that.Have any of your friends told you that you need to chill out?Oh, yeah. If it wasn’t for [Carol City Cartel’s] Geter K, Torch, and Rick Ross, I would be lost. It was messing up my business. At one point when we got the deal and all this money, I couldn’t differentiate business from pleasure. On business time, I was still high. Remember when we did the OZONE cover [photo shoot]? I was on so much dope then and I wasn’t supposed to be ‘cause it’s business hours. You can’t do that.So they had a little intervention for you?Not really. They just said, “You’re shooting yourself in the foot. Stop.” They didn’t have to tie me up and send me to a shrink or no bulls**t like that. All they told me was, “Listen, you’re not only f**king yourself up, you’re f**king up the crew. You’re f**king up our money also. You’re f**king up Rick Ross’ money.” After that intervention, I was like, wow, I’d die for my niggas. I would never hurt any of my niggas physically, financially, mentally. Once they told me that, I thought about their kids. I thought about Ross’ son, Geter K’s son, Torch’s son, my son and that clicked in my head: You’re tripping. You’re about to not get a check and you’re a pivotal point in this crew. I’m the underboss, man.
http://www.ozonemag.com/?p=407"I started snorting coke at 15 in the summer of ’94.I’m 26 now." :mellow:

Guest WAVESURFER

"When good stuff happens to me and I overcome a hump in my life, that’s a reason for me to go out, celebrate, and do six drugs.""I’m gonna let the fans know a secret. I heard about meth. They say that if you snort a match tip of crystal meth you’ll be high for six hours. I hope nobody brings that s**t in front of me, ‘cause a six-hour high off a match tip, oh boy!""I started snorting coke at 15 in the summer of ’94.I’m 26 now."LMFAOBest interview I've read in ages.

• 3 years later...
If you've ever considered getting a large swastika tattoo, but decided against some antisemitic ink because it might be seen the wrong way ... You probably aren't Miami rapper Gunplay.

He's not only the untouchable Maybach Music empire's breakout star of 2012; Gunplay is also the proud owner of a fascist tat on the back of his neck.

Cynics may see this as an attempt to win over the ever-elusive aging Nazi war criminal rap fan market. But staunch opponents of bullshit know that there's more to the story.

As Gunplay tells Pigeons and Planes, his tattoo is "my symbol of genocide to the bullshit. Mass murdering the bullshit."

But Gunplay, don't we have just the right amount of bullshit at present? "Too much bullshit out here. I came to Nazi that sh*t. I came to Hitler that motherf*cker."

Ah ... They came for the bullshit and I didn't speak out because I wasn't the bullshit. Then they came for the fake motherf*ckers and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a fake motherf*cker. Then they came for me...

"Put all the fake motherf*ckers in the gas chamber and gas your f*ck ass. That's what I'm here to do. So niggas better walk light around a nigga. I'ma show niggas. I can talk but I'ma show niggas. All that fake sh*t, I'ma call that sh*t out and I'ma stomp that sh*t out. I got a mission. Just playing the game for the meantime."

To find the giant swastika tattoo in the photograph above, look for the script reading Gunplay. The L is really a smoking handgun. And if you follow the smoke from the gun, it will lead you right to a giant swastika tattoo. Hope that helps.

Weird guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...