Sign in to follow this  
A Bit Better

Mid-Exercise Food

Trainings last 4 hours every sunday and I find myself getting hungry about half way through without fail. From then on I'm slow because my blood sugar is so low I can barely run. Not to mention the fact that I'm trying to bulk and running around like that on an empty stomach can't be helping.What can I eat during a 5 minute break that won't come back up on me the second I start sprinting but will give me a bit of energy to continue and stop me from thinking about food when I should be thinking about where I should be on the field.

Ur doing 4 hours a time? That's a bit excessive, i always thought u should aim to do about 45 mins weights, 30 mins cardio. Anyway, i buy a protein bar, eat a few mouthfulls before i start and then if i'm too hungry to wait i eat the rest of it just before cardio. It's low GI, so i figure it will break down slowly and give my body a steady stream of nutrients while i work out.

Interesting. Why those nuts?And BMC, it's american football training. I don't have a say in how long it is.
oh right, damn.....

bananatrus mewen im benchinwen u start feelin u cant do anymore repstake a 2mins breakeat a banana u will get a few extra reps out of urself

Lol at me asking this. Never ever seen so many banana skins as I did today at the game after half time. Literally like 40+ and that was just on our sideline. Clearly bananas are the half time food of choice for my team.

I'm not the quarterback, I actually have to run. Don't think snickers will sit too well.Had a nutrigrain today and it burnt for a bit (and I was only on the sidelines).