ViP2 FIFA 09 World Cup (360)

Guest Wavelength

Duplicate Teams  

1. 1. Do you want duplicate teams to be allowed?

• Yes, duplicates are cool.
    • Nah, forget duplicates, we want realism.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a few decent ideas, I like the thought of playing for the rights for that team. But what happens when 1 guy loses and then his 2nd/3rd/4th team is already chosen coz you can't play for all of them. Can see people just not playing then.
do a draw to see who can get 1st pick then 2nd pick & so on
This seems most fair so far.
That's the risk they take, they could opt for the 2nd/3rd/4th choice team from the start instead of playing for their 1st choice team.But if more people c/s GT's idea then we'll do that once we have the numbers.So far we have:Sho CaseGTRyderTrimbalFitznblendFatzLostcauzRiskyAlexLahiLurchD-StructoMenacethinkingthuglifeBlackLenny JrSkemarCousin of sleepMurkoLaid Backmd_danNeckstaShady, Air Max, Gundam and Agony, what you saying?
Add me to the list, im in.No duplicates should make this fun.

Guest Wavelength

Sho CaseGTRyderTrimbalFitznblendFatzLostcauzRiskyAlexLahiLurchD-StructoMenacethinkingthuglifeBlackLenny JrSkemarCousin of sleepMurkoLaid Backmd_danNeckstaShady OneAir Max 90AgonyYoshieThat's 26 players, we need equal groups that will allow the necessary knockout rounds too.So we either need 32 players or more than 4 teams per group with 10 teams in total getting eliminated in the group stagesto then make the initial knockout round 16 teams.Unless the knockout round is 8 teams but that's a bit weak.

Guest Wavelength

Who's missing from this to complete the numbers?Sleepz, Nem, YFSD and who else?We need 2 more if those 3 are on it.I know Bard and Gundam aren't on it..

Guest Wavelength

f*ck it.We have 28 players signed up.1)Sho Case2)GT3)Ryder4)Trimbal5)Fitznblend6)Fatz7)Lostcauz8)Risky9)Alex10)Lahi11)Lurch12)D-Structo13)Menace14)thinkingthuglife15)Black16)Lenny Jr17)Skemar18)Cousin of sleep19)Murko20)Laid Back21)md_dan22)Necksta23)Shady One24)Air Max 9025)Agony26)Yoshie27)Sly Rakkoon28)SleepzThere will be 4 groups.There will be 7 teams in each group.Now I need opinions on which format you all want for qualification and the knockout round.Format A - The top 2 teams from each group qualify to the knockout round.The initial round will consist of 8 teams, the draw will be seeded as follows:-1st placed teams v 2nd placed teams.-The latter rounds will not be seeded.ORFormat B - The top 4 teams from each group qualify to the knockout round.The initial round will consist of 16 teams, the draw will be seeded as follows:-1st placed teams v 4th placed teams-2nd placed teams v 3rd placed teams.-The latter rounds will not be seeded.Also, do you want the groups seeded and if so, on what basis?The last competition only or both competitions in 2009?The draw for team selection priority will be random as it seems the most fair and efficient method.I'll randomly number each player and if people post a number i'll quote the number and say who's number it is.The order the numbers are called out decide the order for selection. EG; if I numbered Shady One as 15 and the first numbered to be posted by somebody was 15 he would have 1st pick.Any objections?If I've missed something out or if there are any other ideas say so.

Guest Wavelength

Rules(1)Each team must play all of the opponents in their group once. (6 matches in total)(2)Group games must be 90 minutes only, no extra time or penalties.(3)If teams that affect qualification end up with the same number of points, tiebreakers are used: first is goal difference, then total goals scored, then head-to-head results.(4)All knockout round matches will be one leg; 90 minutes, followed by extra time if needed and then penalties. (There are no away goals)(5) In the event of connection difficulties, the match will then be played on BAP(6) In the event of the connection being lost during a game, the game must be restarted and own goals must be scored to make the score as it was. Then one player must keep the ball until the time on the clock reaches where it was when the connection was lost and then play on.(7) All games must be played by the deadline.(8) If the group has not finished playing their games by the deadline then we will still proceed with the top 4 teams in each group.(9) Anyone deliberately avoiding/ignoring people's attempts to arrange a match will be kicked out.(10) The team you select for your first game will be the same team you use throughout the competition. You cannot change your team once you have played a match. There will be no duplicates.(11) Adidas Live Season must be disabled.(12) No manager mode squads/BAP created players to be fielded(13) Participants are to post their results in this thread following their match.(14) The host must add their opponent onto their xbox live friends list(15) When going to play a match, the host must go in to the "xbox live game modes" in the FIFA 09 menu and create an "unranked session"(16) The session must be set to private and the half length must be 6 minutes not 5 minutes.(17) This World Cup is being hosted by Great Britain seeing as they have the most official stadiums on the game in addition to a couple national stadiums. Therefore, all group games must be played at any of the following:-Anfield-Emirates-Old Trafford-St James' Park-Stamford BridgeThe pre Semi final knockout round matches should also be played at any of the above.Both Semi Finals are scheduled for the Millennium Stadium with the Final being at Wembley Stadium.

Guest Wavelength

Ok, I have seeded all the participants to the best I can.I have also randomly assigned numbers (1-28) to all the participants.If people post a number, one at a time, I will quote and say who's number that is and what placing that gives them for team selection.