THE DAMNED UNITED

Goddaz

Looks sick, I hope its not too different from the book. I've read & heard it's recieving great reviews.His family weren't happy about the film.

Director Tom Hooper insisted the film was a balanced portrait of the manager and said Clough's family had been invited to read the script and watch early versions of the film.The film depicts Clough's ill-fated stint in charge of Leeds United, which ended after just 44 days.Hooper said he took the family's views very seriously. "We tried to make the film as balanced as possible," he said, "I think it's an affectionate portrait of the man. "I would like them (Clough's family) to see it one day and if they do I hope they realise that we are very fond of Brian Clough." Michael Sheen, who plays Clough, said that having the chance to recreate some of Clough's witty and outrageous outbursts had been an exhilarating experience. He said he understood the late manager's family's concerns about the film. "If it was my family or a member of my family, I would feel the same way," he said. "If they come and see the film they will see it's incredibly different to the book and it's an affectionate portrayal of the man." The premiere of the film tonight in London's Leicester Square was attended by the film's cast and a number of celebrities including Sir Michael Parkinson, who interviewed Clough on a number of occasions. The Damned United opens in cinemas across the UK on March 27.

Yeh he does, he hated him because he was such a c*nt.But MON says he respected him from day one, and always wanted to give that bit extra for him to try and please him. But it was never enough to gain his approval.
I have to rate MON for still giving that little bit extra & respecting a man who by most ppl's account was a proper c*nt. In the book I got a sense that MON saw Clough as a mentor hence why he put up with his cuntish ways. Maybe BC's all round managerial skills has attributed to MON's fairly successful managerial career thus far.