Streaming games on ur pc to ur tv!!

neeko

Well thats it then, the next generation of games will be coming to us like this, the early list of publishers is strong so its a sure thing.This also means the end of GAME, GAMESTATION and all those kind of stores.Of course we aint talking about now but with this multi billion dollar industry taking its natural course of going completely online and everything else heading that way aswell it will be massively important to have a qualification and a skill coming out of school.As more and more stores ditch the high priced running of highstreet stores for the cheap and easy to run internet based shopping unless you have a skill your gonna be on the dole line cos there really wont be any highstreet jobs out there.This mass unemployment thing thats happening right now is just the begining, its going to get massively worse and all because someone has finally developed an incredibly efficient way of piping information to and from your home.Expect the application of this technology to spin into different parts of the industry.

games console manufacturers better get in there with the graphics card manufacturing and learn to repackage them to new customers to make up for the fact people will stop buying consoles, but i dont know if they will make as much loot as its not as straight forward as owning a console cos they got all that installing and checking if the graphics card can be run on their motherboard etc.money will be lost thats for sure.

Interesting concept, but if im paying £20 upwards for a game i want a disk/hardcopy. Me and my friends always swap games and have done since the NES days, that is a big part of gaming for me.This "all online" thing will turn me off games because i enjoy actually going to a shop and trading/buying games.

Interesting concept, but if im paying £20 upwards for a game i want a disk/hardcopy. Me and my friends always swap games and have done since the NES days, that is a big part of gaming for me.This "all online" thing will turn me off games because i enjoy actually going to a shop and trading/buying games.
it may not be the same for most people if they UP THE PRICE of hard copies encouraging people to go the online routetruss you may just give in and submit to this new initiative if the price is right.

im more than certain microsoft are already working on something like this from time ago they didnt get to where they are today by being behind.sony probably on it too but just working out how to package it and make it viable for them to sell cos something like this needs to be broken in the market FIRST and doing that is a risk as it MAY backfire and no one wants to be the first to f*ck up something liket his when they got too much at stake.

Guest Triple XXX

u man are so quick to get apocalyticif the current gaming model doesnt work itll fail, if it does it wontif people like this system itll be a success and thousands others will be lauched, if they dont it wontits jus a matter of evolution wether or u not u like the feel of games consoles n can reminisce back to the Atari's doesnt really matter if sutin aint worth doin its time is over

u man are so quick to get apocalyticif the current gaming model doesnt work itll fail, if it does it wontif people like this system itll be a success and thousands others will be lauched, if they dont it wontits jus a matter of evolution wether or u not u like the feel of games consoles n can reminisce back to the Atari's doesnt really matter if sutin aint worth doin its time is over
And I thought I was nostalgic.The current gaming model is severly outdated in comparison to other tech based entertainment.We can now stream music, tv and movies but the one thing that SHOULD basically be dependant on this kind of thing is "lagging" behind. How can you not see that?The thing is as expensive as this is going to be to set up, it has massive opportunity to recoup the money from advertising and sponsors.Remember Crackdown? You'd be jumping around blowing sh*t up then you'd see a billboard for the latest movie. And you know that its not there for free.Streaming computer games will open up the advertising market and Im not even talking about billboards or product placement in games. Im talkin about full blown adverts scrolling along the bottom of the screen while your playing.The market will work because they will make it work, they will force it down our throats and make us want it.It may not be THE next generation but it is coming.The same way every 3rd person owns an ipod instead of a cd player/minidisk/cassette player. It'll happen because its natural technological progression or to put it your way "Evolution" Nothing to do with being apocalyptic.

That onlive thing wont work well in this country due to our Internet speeds, trust. Bandwidth of sending all those d-pad/button actions back n forth between servers, visual.. audio.. ONLINE Multiplayer.... nah mate.When we upgrade our speeds here, then maybe we can start thinking about it. Theyre saying "Yeah its working" but i gurantee it wont launch in this country till Fibre Optic runs through nationwide.Also.. game stores wont go out of business JUST YET. the amount of people that spend over the odds on retail hasent really declined over the years as it is. I think to myself sometimes "why would you walk in here and spend 40 boof on a game when u cud get in online & delivered 25% cheaper. Yet they just keep on coming...I would like to see this service working, as it would change the way we buy/play games. But as someone said before if im paying £20+ on a title, i expect a HARDCOPY for my money.Feel free to pick apart anything i've written if you don't agree, would like to see different stances on this.

All the magic happens elsewhere, and the hardware sitting in those rooms is considerably more powerful than anything the current consoles offer. Gaming PCs in far-off server rooms sit filled to the brim with SLI setups, quad-core CPUs, gobs of RAM, and ridiculous RAID arrays to make load times a thing of the past. In its racks, OnLive has a slew of machines ranging from the mundane for simpler games to SLI rigs to power the most demanding games. Every six months, OnLive will upgrade the computers to take advantage of new CPUs, GPUs, and more to give you access to the most powerful hardware available.Surprisingly, OnLive already has competition on the horizon. A startup by the name of OTOY aims to provide high speed gaming, HD movie playback and more, by using a web browser plugin. The driving force behind OTOY is AMD’s Fusion Render Cloud, a supercomputer class machine capable of petaflop processing power with over 1,000 GPUs. In a conversation with Jules Urbach, OTOY’s CEO, he mentioned that OTOY will be entering beta in the summer and should be up and running in the year.
Sounds good, however as ruckus said it will never work until our broadband speeds are big enough. These days games are about 8GB on the pc! But once that's sorted, this will be the way forward.Sick how they upgrade their computers every 6 months, will be no need for us to buy consoles & expensive pc hardware.

hmm, but they stated that 1meg is all u need thoand they developed this in 7 years, so the tech must be very gdif this could work in a large country like america without lag, then uk should have no problemsbut still, a hardcopy of games and what if ur internet goes down would be a problem

This will flop tbh.Not even the broadband size of it as people in the UK are able to get 10MB broadband for like £15-20 a month.Just their servers wont be able to cope with the amount of people streaming games etc.Imagine like 50,000 heads streaming Gears, then another 50,000 streaming FIFA 09.Fack off.

• 1 month later...