Dubbage - Tippa Interview

Guest faze .

Good read.. I've always felt this way even when I was back spittin on the old school scene on a regular.My issue now is finding selectors to link up with that are playin the same beats I wanna host to and enjoy listening to. I'll host funky cos I enjoy what I do but I can't vibe to it same way I can with some of the deep stuff in a rave. But aside from a few man on Rinse and maybe Flex I don't see many DJ's goin down that route yet, and certainly not a lot of the UK producers.Same reason you see me in quite a few minimal raves these days - The music is just doin it for me in a dance.Might see me pass thru Rinse 7-9pm tomorrow night with Good Vibe Clive on a deep and soulful tip.Also Flex & Gemini Deeper Sounds Volume 2 >>>> ______________________ if you like it deep and dubby.

yeah, deep + soulful house >>>> ______still rinse my january mix more thn any of my funky mixes....IC & Tippa - Education HQ Vol 1 >>>> _______
U dun know!!! Still listen to that till this day.. Selection & mixing is too much!!!
There is spose to be an official part 2 coming, but ive put on hold for this circle cd.. but soon come.i wanna re-up that mix, but because its mentions deja on it i aint feeling that lol

yeah, deep + soulful house >>>> ______still rinse my january mix more thn any of my funky mixes....IC & Tippa - Education HQ Vol 1 >>>> _______
U dun know!!! Still listen to that till this day.. Selection & mixing is too much!!!
There is spose to be an official part 2 coming, but ive put on hold for this circle cd.. but soon come.i wanna re-up that mix, but because its mentions deja on it i aint feeling that lol
Re-up it please, I lost my copy. Whats wrong with Deja anyway?

Just not innah giving them props thats all.My own personal views

Marcus Nasty seems to slate them quite abit aswell as of late, quite peculiar but yeah i wouldnt mind a reup of this

Marcus Nasty seems to slate them quite abit aswell as of late, quite peculiar but yeah i wouldnt mind a reup of this
Yeh he does. Dont understand why though, Deja started a lot of these guys off.

Yeh he does. Dont understand why though, Deja started a lot of these guys off.
Its long, long long long...to long to explain on here

Guest faze .
big big.....

Tips. I been listening to what you lot do and I quite like it. Seems like you have the same ideas as Sef in the play what your ears like department which is always the way forward. However that interview lost me a bit as to what you mean by dubbage. Quality UK House with a tech element. Didnt the scene always have that but its only becoming prominent now?n where would you place a track such as Marc Ambience - Rain Dance category wise?

I'm done explaining this if im honest.its not anew thing, noone ever said it was...it was just a word WE started to use as a way to describe certain deep house tracks that were far from the norm.people are copying what we do and say, but dont even know what there talking about, the interview was just there to express that, if people wanna run and start calling the music that then so be it.Rain Dance is house, its all house who cares.Sef as in Funkin Sef?Heard he's name, thats about it.. dont know him or the type of music he plays to be fair.Hats off to him if he's going in hes own direction and doing him. thats why we all became djs is it not?True say man like versitile is in it for the money. arseholes... (headshot)

Is the name necessary? Some people would say it’s all just House.It’s not necessary at all but if something’s said, people are tickled, innit? They hear something they like or hate as a phase and will run with it. It then spreads like wildfire and all of a sudden everything is placed in a genre or a new one is created. It’s f*cked really…it’s like gossip: you plant a seed, whether it be intentionally or not and it spreads. At the end of the day people will say it’s all House but funky is something different which is why people’s ears are standing up to it. It’s something fresher, more exciting... it spins away from House, its meaning, its beliefs, what it stands for. See that’s someone from Circle giving funky props but it’s not for us.
Big up init...Theres no need for it, but if bandwagon djs wanna hang off our nuts and copy and do everything we seam to do, who am i or the rest to argue.Also..Snobish... LmfaoMan has told funky to lock down there scene from day oneNoone listened, we told them keep the mcs out and turn the mics off, noone listened.. now its going tits up.If thats snobbish for telling the truth then big up init.Everyone including faze who has non me from day 1 will no ive always said this.. lock it down, keep the mcs out, they didnt listen...Yeah babu yeah baby yeah.. head shoulders knees and toes... great f*ck*ng music!
its true, when the grime influenced tracks came about the wonky name came about because the producer wernt doing what they should be doing....dont me wrong, if done right some grime influenced tracks could be pushed in the minimal scenes.....but for me mc tracks are a no no..... mainly in part because these guys are FAILED grime artists....should stick to sprayin bars on electro....
It's true what Tipper said about he's always said no mcs only hosts.Faze, allow the electro comment man, from when I heard sing for me I knew that mcing over electro can only work to an extent!!!Though, electro is massive, so when these mc guys get air, it'll still be there :) Just like real funky house (No that kyla, doneao etc etc sh*t).

I'm done explaining this if im honest.its not anew thing, noone ever said it was...it was just a word WE started to use as a way to describe certain deep house tracks that were far from the norm.people are copying what we do and say, but dont even know what there talking about, the interview was just there to express that, if people wanna run and start calling the music that then so be it.Rain Dance is house, its all house who cares.Sef as in Funkin Sef?Heard he's name, thats about it.. dont know him or the type of music he plays to be fair.Hats off to him if he's going in hes own direction and doing him. thats why we all became djs is it not?True say man like versitile is in it for the money. arseholes... (headshot)
Can honestly say most mans are in it for money tbh.Me, I could have followed the crowd, but I started liking something else so wanted to stick with that.I could have been a sheep and jumped ship but allow that, why play music yuo don't like???

Everyone has their views on the situation.. personally i'm of the opinion of its a free world, mcs jump on it if you want to, producers produce tracks which of poor quality, or just not good.. the main thing is that i'm not in it...i post mixes and cds of styles of house music i like really and nobody can stop me like it or lump it! circle play what they play as that is what they like i respect that... so many different style of house out there and not every1 will like them all. so as a collective or dj, if its pleasing to your ear and you believe in it.. channel it to the people you believe might like it also!wbeeza's latest stuff was major deep n techy, if that is one example of dubbage then i'm not really on that too tough... need to hear a bit more though, i preferred the heavy stuff ep personally but that is what my ears likes.scene is bit weird at the minute but i say just play what you feel!sessions mix 4 up on http://www.djsef.compeace!
na mateu was listenin 2 the wrong side of that vinylthat side is for the real deep deep deep depp deep heads. acid house sound from wb on that side.flip the vinyl and ull hear 'He So Crazy' a bonafide deep house banger. UK sound. reminds me of my own beats no homo.then u got 'Illusion' a proper Detroit workout. house music baby nothing long. a nice vocal and a swinging beat with some narsty bass... uk sounds.HeavyStuff EP was good - Disco Dayz is a future classic too much djs slept on that beat. But NEW SKANK EP is the one for me...There are ALOT of UK guys making deep house and have been for years. the scene is much bigger than the funky/wonky scene and its much bigger than circle (no offense tippa i respect u guys). its bigger than london too.

Your right, its much bigger then us.. we only just started making music.. but people look at us as leaders, maybe because when everyone was playing bullshit we was the only djs in the new ting playing proper music at first, who knows.. but your right... much bigger.wbeza new stuff will f*ck any guy up there arse and back... hes stuff is way to advance for the man dem.also look out for deep technology... there stuff is sick.. man like don morris... oh gosh!

Everyone has their views on the situation.. personally i'm of the opinion of its a free world, mcs jump on it if you want to, producers produce tracks which of poor quality, or just not good.. the main thing is that i'm not in it...i post mixes and cds of styles of house music i like really and nobody can stop me like it or lump it! circle play what they play as that is what they like i respect that... so many different style of house out there and not every1 will like them all. so as a collective or dj, if its pleasing to your ear and you believe in it.. channel it to the people you believe might like it also!wbeeza's latest stuff was major deep n techy, if that is one example of dubbage then i'm not really on that too tough... need to hear a bit more though, i preferred the heavy stuff ep personally but that is what my ears likes.scene is bit weird at the minute but i say just play what you feel!sessions mix 4 up on http://www.djsef.compeace!
na mateu was listenin 2 the wrong side of that vinylthat side is for the real deep deep deep depp deep heads. acid house sound from wb on that side.flip the vinyl and ull hear 'He So Crazy' a bonafide deep house banger. UK sound. reminds me of my own beats no homo.then u got 'Illusion' a proper Detroit workout. house music baby nothing long. a nice vocal and a swinging beat with some narsty bass... uk sounds.HeavyStuff EP was good - Disco Dayz is a future classic too much djs slept on that beat. But NEW SKANK EP is the one for me...There are ALOT of UK guys making deep house and have been for years. the scene is much bigger than the funky/wonky scene and its much bigger than circle (no offense tippa i respect u guys). its bigger than london too.
yeah exactly my point, 'if' that is an example of dubbage, then im not on that too toughleading on, i just said i preferred the heavy stuff ep as a whole ep, meanin collectively as a four track ep i prefer 1 over the other.i do like he so crazy and hurricane is aite. but to 'my' earsdisco dayz is my fav of the lot and i supported it on my mix cd in august. my main motto is that i support wbeeza soon as his music is available for me to purchase so he can continue to create his unique style of music.if u prefer new skank to heavy stuff, that is ur choosin m8