anyone here been threatened with redundancy or been made redundant lately?

MARLO STANSFIELD

spoke to about seven different people over the last couple of days and they all tellin me the same thing and its been getting emotional for some peopleone person even told me that their dad got made redundant as well as his boss and the boss had a heart attack.its nuts its happening all over the place and was wondering if any one here is going thru it or has any tips for other vip members what they are doing etc. (maybe extra jobs or renting ya house that kinda thing)I wont lie i feel bad for certain people right now cos some of them have been workin for their companies for ages and the cut backs are just f*ckin with everyonediscuss

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah my boy got made redundant begining of this monthand im losing my job end of this month coz of cut backs (next tuesday)spoke to morgan hunt and they are impressed with my cv so hopefully i will be working again within 7 days got to register with them next weekapplied for this job hope i get it http://www.teachnetwork.co.uk/jobs_details...ualified_111587thing is to stay positive and active to many people wanna feel sorry for themselfs

yeah my boy got made redundant begining of this monthand im losing my job end of this month coz of cut backs (next tuesday)spoke to morgan hunt and they are impressed with my cv so hopefully i will be working again within 7 days got to register with them next weekapplied for this job hope i get it http://www.teachnetwork.co.uk/jobs_details...ualified_111587thing is to stay positive and active to many people wanna feel sorry for themselfs
i may have some links that could be of use to you got one friend that keep sending me bare youth work jobsthink i deleted em though

- marge got made redundant.- girlfriends company just off-loaded 20people. including the gm.- couple others on placements too.One which happened a little while ago made me laugh but only cos he was a smarmy c*nt. Was a guy at T-mobile. been there for 3yrs p/t...said he was sick of it and was getting a job with hbos. Money was sooooo good he even decided to quit uni! 4 months later, he's asking for his job back at t-mobile cos he's been let go. Uni won't accept him back. No redundancy cos he was still on probation. No qualifications + the state of the current economic climate means no-one will employ him.pissed.

bare companies are going bust its just not being talked about much so that people dont get too aggy.we had an admin job vacancy advertised and about 270 people applied for it. last time there was that there was just around 11 applications.its real out there.i know about 5 people made redundant

- marge got made redundant.- girlfriends company just off-loaded 20people. including the gm.- couple others on placements too.One which happened a little while ago made me laugh but only cos he was a smarmy c*nt. Was a guy at T-mobile. been there for 3yrs p/t...said he was sick of it and was getting a job with hbos. Money was sooooo good he even decided to quit uni! 4 months later, he's asking for his job back at t-mobile cos he's been let go. Uni won't accept him back. No redundancy cos he was still on probation. No qualifications + the state of the current economic climate means no-one will employ him.pissed.
wowthats a lot of bad luck man sh*tbut this is a next reason why leaving uni for just any unskilled job is suicide.

Lol @ his life. SMH. :lol:

Pissed to the nth term.

shows under this kind of climate u need to be skilled otherwise forget it
defo, a friend of mine left uni in his final year cause he messed up in a few of his modules and he didnt want to spend the whole of the summer season studying and re-taking examsso he wasted a year and a half of uni (topped up 2 years) only to bail at the last hurdle..plus paying back a student loan which he never got anything out of