anyone here been threatened with redundancy or been made redundant lately?

MARLO STANSFIELD

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was out of work for a couple months, but i got 4 GOOD job offers before choosing the job im currently in- so i dont see how hard ppl are finding it to find work, from my experience. Although i do have a degree and have 110% confidence in my ability, which may play a part.My advice: look to the public sector, alot of central government, and police are hiring

i was out of work for a couple months, but i got 4 GOOD job offers before choosing the job im currently in- so i dont see how hard ppl are finding it to find work, from my experience. Although i do have a degree and have 110% confidence in my ability, which may play a part.My advice: look to the public sector, alot of central government, and police are hiring
Aint got nothing to do with it. Maybe when you was looking for a job but right now there are hardly any jobs out there.

Aint got nothing to do with it. Maybe when you was looking for a job but right now there are hardly any jobs out there.
this was January times, so only couple months ago

ive been saying this to you lot for over a year nowpublic sector is the way forwardbut really if there are no jobs goin, why am i gettin emails showing new job postings (private sector), is it a lie?
There ARE jobs, however, employers are spoilt for choice / overwhelmed due to the number of applicants..This causes applications not to be processed properly.In a lot of cases, they wont even dignify you with a response which must do nothing for someones confidence..My advice is cliche yes but keep ya head up....be persistent..Concentrate on why YOU are perfect for whatever job you apply for and make sure your CV highlights these points directly.. 60% of CV's are full of irrelevant sh*t, presented in an overcomplicated format..disclaimer: 47% of facts are made up and manipulated to help prove someones pointBest of luck with all applications..

Guest Logster
theres no way i could lose my job at the momentmake sure you have credit card/mortage repayment insurance. cuz the last thing u need is to lose your job then lose your home, or start mounting interest on your cards. the insurance will protect you.
As someone that deals with debt all the time I can tell you NOW that PPI on credit cards is a pile of bs. It is missold to the majority of people and when they wanna claim it they realise they've wasted loads of money over the years.

tell me more fam

There's 4 team leaders at my place, manager cut it down to two, we all had to re-apply for our jobs and the unsuccesful ones will be made redundant..Been PISSED for the past 4 weeks looking for new jobs and tingFind out my manager f*cked it all up, he's been suspended and now we all keep our jobs.

Guest Lemons

We've just been told that the whole company has to take a days unpaid holiday every month for the rest of the year.Basically a 3% pay cut, but we get 9 days off extra.Meh.It's probably the best way of handling it - no redundancies as of yet.

We've just been told that the whole company has to take a days unpaid holiday every month for the rest of the year.Basically a 3% pay cut, but we get 9 days off extra.Meh.It's probably the best way of handling it - no redundancies as of yet.
oh dear, it begins, might as well pack ur sh*t up and i'll see u on the park bench in hour for a few litre cans of super tenant's.

ive been saying this to you lot for over a year nowpublic sector is the way forwardbut really if there are no jobs goin, why am i gettin emails showing new job postings (private sector), is it a lie?
Have a look at the salaries they offering alot of todays jobs are giving as much as HALF what they was offering a year before but they do it cos they know that people will take em.

My bro got made redundant early this year. There is me thinking he had the most stable job (It manager). The company got shut down.Same situation with my sis. But it was a blessing in disguise for her cuz she started her own business (recruitment agency)I know a few heads that have moved back to their parents yard due to redundancy.from my experience redundancy is one of the worst feelings ever. You feel WASTE. locking everyone off. My current job seems stable (so far)& flexible. I took a major pay cut from the previous. But it gives me an opportunity to do my own thing on the side.till sh*t improves am not too keen. But I agree public sector is the way forward.Its frightening when you see folks the age of your dad with soo much professional experience handing you CV's for ANYTHING...

my bonus comes in next week. no redundancy inna dis since all of you still f*ck and sleep about and have babies recession or not.i was looking to cop new nation paper yesterday and the man told me they gone bust 2 weeks ago. that makes it bout 8 pple i know now cos i know a girl that writes for them