Keri Hilson - In a Perfect World Review

FANTA

Just had a good listen to this album.both on my ipod and through my system.Kinda wack, i'm suprised.apart from one or two tracks this doesn't really strike me as 'finished' album.Would have expected it to be a mixtape of somesort.My theory is artist like Keri probably can't make good albums.She's in the same catergory as Christian Millian and the like.one or two good singles, but album wise? nah.edit -intro of 'Make Love' is sick!!!

Lol @ thinking this would have been good. Told Mike Kane from the longest, she hasnt got it.Havent felt any of the single. Deffo wont cop (d/l)
Wouldn't say she hasn't got 'it' considering her writing credits and who she has wrote for, plus the added fact that she has Timbo on her back...But I agree, not really felt any of her solo singles so far, the recent one with Kanye is decent but other than that ?? She sounds good on features tho.P.S - Not listened to her album but IMO she shouldn't be even classed near Miss Millian...

Lol @ thinking this would have been good. Told Mike Kane from the longest, she hasnt got it.Havent felt any of the single. Deffo wont cop (d/l)
Wouldn't say she hasn't got 'it' considering her writing credits and who she has wrote for, plus the added fact that she has Timbo on her back...But I agree, not really felt any of her solo singles so far, the recent one with Kanye is decent but other than that ?? She sounds good on features tho.P.S - Not listened to her album but IMO she shouldn't be even classed near Miss Millian...
Writing isnt the be all imo, all it does it help sell the person as far as getting attention and awareness. Shes any Kandi/Sean Garrett, altho Kandi is way beyond her. And espesh as Ciaras just got her single right, that could be a problem.This is why I dont cuss people if they dont write their own songs, cos it takes a whole lot more than writing a song to make a hit let alone be a star.

You were right in the sense that she wouldn't 'blow', but you said because she doesn't have that 'quality', which IMO, I think she has...Reason she hasn't 'blown', is because the singles TBH, have been utter shite.

You were right in the sense that she wouldn't 'blow', but you said because she doesn't have that 'quality', which IMO, I think she has...Reason she hasn't 'blown', is because the singles TBH, have been utter shite.
Fair enough. And yeah singles have been wack.

Guest Lisa Turtle

Yeah that one.Doesn't that have anything to do with her album?Turnin me On feat Wayne got a good reception as well.I don't care for her too much, but I wouldnt say her singles are all cack.

Yeah that one.Doesn't that have anything to do with her album?Turnin me On feat Wayne got a good reception as well.I don't care for her too much, but I wouldnt say her singles are all cack.
Superhuman was cool, but not HER's, otherwise you may aswell add The Way I Am with Timbaland, if you get what I mean...Turnin' Me On, was cool, but NOT, 'that song'. Like, she needs a song that 3-5 years from now, when those generic urban music video channels does sh*t like, ''Top 10 R'n'B singles of 2009'', her sh*t comes up all the time. Like, Ciara has dropped sh*t singles, but she has had genre-defining singles i.e. Goodies, Oh, etc....

Superhuman was cool, but not HER's, otherwise you may aswell add The Way I Am with Timbaland, if you get what I mean...Turnin' Me On, was cool, but NOT, 'that song'. Like, she needs a song that 3-5 years from now, when those generic urban music video channels does sh*t like, ''Top 10 R'n'B singles of 2009'', her sh*t comes up all the time. Like, Ciara has dropped sh*t singles, but she has had genre-defining singles i.e. Goodies, Oh, etc....
On the subject of Ciara, this sh*t won't stop playing in my head

• 4 weeks later...

Not even that bad tbh. Slow Dance is big. Co-written with Justin Timbo but it sounds like a throwback Missy tune. Think vocally she's at her best on this tune. She has a disadvantage though, cos her talking voice is a bit messed up; her voice sounds strained like someone who has never took care of their voice and has years of touring under her belt. Will be interesting to see what its like in a couple of years.Cant put my finger on it but something jars me about this album. Its either cos I cant put my finger on the genre, the beat sound like it could be better (a problem I find with Danja no bias though) or the general tempo. Maybe cos it's pop in denial being sold as RnB.Anyway, it isnt as bad as I thought it would be.