Adebayor "Wearing a Toga > Arsenal shirt"

MrJibbles

Emmanuel Adebayor is set to put his Arsenal career on the line by playing for Togo against Cameroon tomorrow. A hamstring injury has kept Adebayor out of the Arsenal team for seven weeks, but the forward flew to Ghana to join up with the Togo squad this week and he became embroiled in a club-versus-country row yesterday when his international coach insisted that he would play in the World Cup qualifying tie in Accra.“Ade did not come here for nothing, he is here to play against Cameroon,” Jean Thissen, the Togo coach, said. “He is the main man for the national team. He is my captain, the nation can count on him. He has always given his best for the country so he will be a boost to the squad. He is a wonderful player.”AC Milan and Barcelona tried to sign Adebayor last summer and, according to reports in Italy yesterday, Milan are set to launch another bid to buy him this summer. The 25-year-old antagonised Arsenal supporters during the summer by flirting with other clubs and he agreed to stay at the Emirates Stadium only after he was offered a new contract that doubled his wages to about £80,000 a week.Adebayor’s international commitments have caused friction before and Arsène Wenger was angry when the forward injured his knee last November while playing in a friendly match for Togo on a plastic pitch.The Arsenal manager does not like releasing his players for internationals unless they are match-fit and Cesc Fàbregas, the Arsenal captain, was not included in Spain’s squad for their World Cup qualifying ties against Turkey, even though he has started training again after a knee injury. “It was too early for Cesc to be called up,” Wenger said. “It would not have been helpful for Cesc or Spain.”Fàbregas and Adebayor are expected to be fit to play against Manchester City at home a week tomorrow and Theo Walcott is also likely to play in the Barclays Premier League fixture. Wenger thought that Walcott would be sidelined for up to five weeks when he locked his right knee after a training session last Friday, but the injury is not serious and the forward should return after missing England’s matches against Slovakia tomorrow and Ukraine on Wednesday. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle5983245.ece
Same guy who said in an interview with ArsenalTV that he'd rather see the club win a trophy than not score again all season. Well he hasn't scored since last year so who knows.

Guest LucaPiano

He's doing the right thing, Togo need him, hes the best player to ever come out of his homeland and no money hungry british residents or business will stop his heartOver reaction from fans

As I said, media hype:

"Adebayor has gone away with Togo. Will he play or not? He will have tests. For us, he was ready to play," Wenger told the club's official website."Ideally it is good for us and for him to have a game. There is no problem."I had a meeting with their manager and we knew he would be ready for this weekend, whether it was for us or for Togo."Adebayor added: "It is not an issue at all."My boss Arsene Wenger gave me the permission to come here to play for my country and if I did not have his blessing I would not be here."