Car Impound Lot

Em Dott

Can anyone tell me what is needed to pick up a car from a car impound lot?My friend said all he needs is ownership, insurance and a valid license.However, he has a provisional license and is putting insurance on the car today.Also, can anyone give me the location of Perivale Impound Lot?

Guest Triple XXX

f*ck knowsmines in Newham, i left it there n jus picked up my belonging from it (no way was i losin that sat nav)didnt need sh*t, jus the registrationi still aint gt a provisionalget him to go with someone with a licence, say ur the registered keepper but u dnt drive it n get the guy with the licence to drive it, jus get one day insurance for him or sutin

Car ain't mine dargy.It's his whip.He was asking if I would be able to drive it back for him. Not even sure if I would be allowed. I'm sure I was told you need to have fully comp insurance in order to do that.

Its near Wembley you pass it on the way to IKEA. North Circular A406, you come off at Hangar Lane head for the M1.yahoo answers...not sure how reliable it is
LOLSame thing I saw. Hence why I came here and asked.

If you dont own the car you need to have fully comp insurance with the ability to drive any other third party.
Hmmm.This is what I was thinking.Do you reckon one day temp cover is enough since that is fully comp?

You need the v5 log book, valid licence and insurance (they wont accept them one day insurance) nor will they accept a 'mechanic' or someone in the trade who has traders insurancethe compound if coming westbound on the a40, get off at perivale (just after the new speed camera) and before the tesco near the hoover buildinghttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?near=A40,+De...8135901845,,0,5then stay in the left lane, follow the signs to perivale/police car poundMake sure you bring the above 3 as they wont pet to hold your car in for another daymy mate kept going back there 3 times cause he didnt have the right paper work/insurance

This place is f*ckEDThe interest is f*ckED something like £200 standard rate + £50 every day its inside.When i went I ended up payin something in excess of £600. I swear down i've seen shorter queue's at a RAVE. There were dudes that had to come back 3 times from SCOTLAND to get their whip. I was stopped cos I allegedly had no insurance. I came with the insurance certificate... They wanted everthing but I had left my wallet in the car when they pulled me (including my licence & bank card to pay the charge with). They asked me to replace my insurance certificate to prove it hadn't been cancelled. I Had to come back 4 times and each time I had to queue for at least 3 hours. Each time I came back I saw the same faces, still tryna get their whips back. QUEUEING OUTSIDE BTW & This was December times. Then when the next time I came they said they had done an MOT test on the car while it was impounded and it failed on a worn tyre. This was the last day before it got crushed. So the only way I could get it out was to pay for it to be towed to a MOT Test centre. Bank balance was hurt that month. THEY TAKE THE PISS OUT OF YOUR LIFE, BELEIVE.

Guest Triple XXX
This place is f*ckEDThe interest is f*ckED something like £200 standard rate + £50 every day its inside.When i went I ended up payin something in excess of £600. I swear down i've seen shorter queue's at a RAVE. There were dudes that had to come back 3 times from SCOTLAND to get their whip. I was stopped cos I allegedly had no insurance. I came with the insurance certificate... They wanted everthing but I had left my wallet in the car when they pulled me (including my licence & bank card to pay the charge with). They asked me to replace my insurance certificate to prove it hadn't been cancelled. I Had to come back 4 times and each time I had to queue for at least 3 hours. Each time I came back I saw the same faces, still tryna get their whips back. QUEUEING OUTSIDE BTW & This was December times. Then when the next time I came they said they had done an MOT test on the car while it was impounded and it failed on a worn tyre. This was the last day before it got crushed. So the only way I could get it out was to pay for it to be towed to a MOT Test centre. Bank balance was hurt that month. THEY TAKE THE PISS OUT OF YOUR LIFE, BELEIVE.
what im sayini jus left the whip, f*ckin pricksbt i guess the councils hav to make money someway in this recession n seein as some got burnt wen the Icelandic banks collapsedbt thats a parthe one in Newham was cool, wasnt even a cue n the dude was talkin to me nicely, didnt have anything bt the registration n went n gt all my sh*t from my ca n he even advised me hw i could get it bk without payin anything

It's 12pound storage fee every day they hold your car + the original fine of 250 quid for having no insurance. that is for 14 days until they auction ur car or crush it.