NHS

Snoop

I was watching dispatches this morning which was about the state of nursing in this country, and i was quite alarmed by the statistics that were shown. I never knew how serious the issues involving NHS were until i saw this. Below i'm just going to show some of statistics which are quite worrying;

Patient care * 42 per cent of nurses and midwives interviewed say they have either been in or witnessed situations where patients have been put in unnecessary danger * Over half (57 per cent) of the A&E nurses interviewed say they have witnessed situations where patents lives have been put in unnecessary danger * Almost half (53 per cent) say they have seen colleagues perform medical tasks that they are not qualified to do * 44 per cent of the nurses and midwives we polled say they don’t always stick to the rules * Over a third (37 per cent) think that patient care in the NHS has become worse in the past five years
Impact of understaffing and long hours * Half (51 per cent) of all the nurses and midwives interviewed say that they are exhausted most of the time * 29 per cent say long hours and exhaustion prevent them from doing their jobs properly * 83 per cent of the midwives surveyed say they have been in situations where they have had too many patients to look after properly * 70 per cent say understaffing prevents them from doing their jobs properly * One third (33 per cent) say they would leave nursing and midwifery if they could
Behaviour of nurses * 43 per cent say they have seen other nurses shout at patients (13 per cent admit they have themselves shouted at patients) * 44 per cent of nurses and midwives interviewed admit to calling in sick when not really ill * 40 per cent admit to browsing the internet when they should be working * 36 per cent admit to coming to work with a hangover and unable to concentrate on the job properly
I believe one of the major factors amongst these problems is the lack of staff, which is causing these sort of problem. However shortage of staff should not undermine the professionalism being shown amongst the nurses what so ever. Ulitmatley we pay their wages therefore we merit the best service (courteousness & respect) they can provide regardless of the situation they are under. The question i want to ask you is;Have you or your relatives been a victim of NHS hospital?

Guest Triple XXX

been in whipps cross n tbh i was pleased with the servicewas there for 3 days, the nurses wer nice, the food was iteonly complaint was the woman who kept shouting at me to stop using my fonewell nt shouting really, tellin me bt i was under covers

What illness did they have?
one was a pancreas thing, other one was something like a olsa.
smh.. They amount of money that is invested in NHS for unnecessary things like this to happen is disgusting. I can recall a story about a woman who needed a blood transfusion the nurse basically gave her the wrong type of blood then the woman died. Nothing is worse than for someone die to over a stupid error that could of been prevented

What illness did they have?
one was a pancreas thing, other one was something like a olsa.
smh.. They amount of money that is invested in NHS for unnecessary things like this to happen is disgusting. I can recall a story about a woman who needed a blood transfusion the nurse basically gave her the wrong type of blood then the woman died. Nothing is worse than for someone die to over a stupid error that could of been prevented
Exactly.. its fuked, i dont actually bother with hospitals anymore.

i suffer from extreme tinnitus, had it for about a year now and f*ck all has been done, it seriously effects my life in a bad way and i am un able to work because of the depression and anxiety it causes, they keep feeding me tranquilizers and benzos. The drugs help in the short term but they have gave me lots of severe addictions wich will take me years to come off. If cannabis was available legally i would never have became addicted to these drugs, as cannabis makes my ears stop ringing, and also makes my depression and anxiety disappear.But i cant afford to buy an ounce a week to keep all the symptoms at bay so i have to make do with diazapam and other toxic drugs the NHS feed me. Its such a backwards country we live in.

chase farm hospital is very f*cked upif you canavoid at all f*ck*ng costspleaseim talking life and death and im not f*ck*ng joking
Lol also would like to warn heads about Ealing HospitalDo not. I repeat. Do not go there for anythingCertain man went for X-rays and came out with MRSA

I champion the NHS tbhIts a lot better than people give it credit for.(that doesn't even feel right grammatically)
C/SNorth mid treat me with the utmost care.
chase farm hospital is very f*cked upif you canavoid at all f*ck*ng costspleaseim talking life and death and im not f*ck*ng joking
I've heard from one girl who goes there on a regs, I always wonder if she has MRSA.