Summer Speculation topic

HangTheDJ

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palmeiras striker Keirrison has not agreed a move to Barcelona and is not for sale, according to the company that owns his rights.The Brazilian striker has been linked with Liverpool, Valencia, Real Madrid and a number of other top clubs in Europe, while Milan have already expressed a firm interest, but he said recently that he was dreaming of a move to Barcelona.And reports in Spain have claimed that the 20-year-old, who has continued his phenomenal goalscoring form since leaving Coritiba for Palmeiras in January, has agreed to move to Camp Nou in the summer.Spanish daily Sport, under the headline ‘Keirrison tied to Barca’, claimed on Friday: “Barcelona have reached an agreement in principle with the new star of Brazilian football.”However, 80 percent of Keirrison’s rights are owned by third party Traffic Sports Marketing, and the company’s president, J. Hawilla, insists the player is staying in Brazil.“Keirrison has not been offered to anyone and he is intending to stay,” he told Radio Record.“He is not for sale.“You see the sporting directors from clubs in Spain and Italy here all the time – nobody can prevent them coming.“Last week, four from Germany came to watch games.“But Keirrison is not for sale.”

Average player and i've seen him play this season about 9 times, poor work ethic and too much flair
never seen him but im happy to go with this report
loltulse>>

Guest Wu-Tang

I'm pretty sure Palmeiras don't have abig say on whether he gets sold, they only own 20% of him, the other 80% is owned by TSM, who are cunts.So I'm sure if Barca want to buy, they pay TSM, since Palmeiras have a minority share in his conract, they would have to sell?Not too sure how it'd work but dodgy dealing FTW

They need to get rid of this 3rd party ownership.
They can;t because theres no money or liquidity in Brazilian football
c/s not just brazilian football but most world football its been happening since i was a young football follower and tbh it is good for football, its just this country is sh*t.

Now the Summer speculation topic

Setanta.com understands that Maxi Rodriguez is on Aston Villa’s shopping list.The 28-year-old’s contract with Atletico Madrid is due to end in 2010 and his name has been linked to a host of clubs, including Martin O’Neil’s Villa.The Argentina international, who hit the target during the demolition of Venezuela last weekend, is seen as a possible signing for the Premier League side, who are determined to break into the top four.Maxi is rated at £14 million, and sources close to Atletico told setanta.com: “We would be open to discussions if an interesting offer was made.”Atletico sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch has declared that decisions regarding the arrival or the departure of players will only be taken once the season is over.And he added that the Rojiblancos have not been approached regarding Rodriguez’s future.“The club do not plan any movement before our future in Europe is sorted,” he said. “We have different plans and will adapt to the situation.“At the moment we are yet to receive an offer for Maxi.”For his part, the skilful midfielder has refused to speculate about his future.He said, from Argentina: “It is not the right moment to speak. I am under contract with Atletico and everything depends on this.”
*rubs hands together*edit: this ones quite old but might as well slap it here
BELGIAN star Steven Defour admits he would love to play for Aston Villa.The Standard Liege midfielder has been linked with a summer switch to the Premier League.Defour, 20, said: "I am ready to go abroad."But if Standard want me to stay, I'll stay."Standard will only want to let me go to a top club."I still have a contract until 2013. But if Standard refuse an offer, they have to give me something in return."Defour admits Villa are a tempting prospect for him.He added: "Villa are fifth in the Premier League, three points behind Arsenal, and that's not bad."They're an amazing club but Standard Liege must decide whether they are good enough or not."

Rafa Benitez Wants To Take Samuel Eto'o To Liverpool - ReportLiverpool want the Cameroon star and could be prepared to make an offer this summer if Barça look to sell, rather than wait and see if they can land him for free in 2010.Rafa Benitez wants to team Samuel Eto'o up with Fernando Torres in a front partnership that he believes will lead Liverpool to glory next season, according to a report.The Spanish manager has had the Cameroonian international in his sights for some time and now he is ready to step up his interest and discover what the price would be, El Mundo Deportivo state.Eto'o and Barcelona are set for talks in the summer about whether to renew the striker's contract, with the club having to decide if they want him to stay or if they should cash in.With the 28-year-old's current deal at Camp Nou due to expire in 2010, the Blaugrana are believed to be tempted to sell this summer and make an approach for David Villa.In a recent interview with Sportsweek, Eto'o stirred things up by stating that "I have alredy made my decision, but I cannot say what it is for now".Benitez is keen to celebrate his new deal at Anfield by signing more star names, rather than just adding to the depth of his squad with second tier players.AC Milan and Inter have also been linked with Eto'o, but the Reds could afford to pay him more and the attraction of teaming up with Torres could be something that sways his decision.
imagine torres AND eto up front for pool, wowcan't wait for the summer transfer window